ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Car Care (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/)
-   -   What do you use in the washing machine? (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/668639-what-do-you-use-in-the-washing-machine.html)

Stevesbluewrx 19 February 2008 08:56 AM

What do you use in the washing machine?

Guys,

Its not a silly question. But want to know what people use to clean the items in the washing with?

I've used the non-bio (Tesco) sachets in the past but feel I should now use something different maybe some direct liquid or something?

My misses is going shopping shortly and I asked her to get something for me but fear she will come back with something wrong. D'oh!!:lol1:

Steve
:norty:

rossi_p 19 February 2008 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx (Post 7667159)
Guys,

Its not a silly question. But want to know what people use to clean the items in the washing with?

I've used the non-bio (Tesco) sachets in the past but feel I should now use something different maybe some direct liquid or something?

My misses is going shopping shortly and I asked her to get something for me but fear she will come back with something wrong. D'oh!!:lol1:

Steve
:norty:

I use a liquid called Ecover (not certain about the spelling).. Is just about the mildest liquid about.

92typeRA 19 February 2008 09:41 AM

i use fairy non-bio (or should i say she dose:norty: )...thay come out looking brand new...MY microfibers have been washed about 10 times now are are still going strong...

Stevesbluewrx 19 February 2008 12:24 PM

Cheers guys.

Just had a text from the doris. She's bought some but didn't say what. Something tells me its going to go tits up. lol

Steve

SwissTony 19 February 2008 12:26 PM

washing machine :Suspiciou

whats it look like :wonder:

92typeRA 19 February 2008 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx (Post 7667694)
Cheers guys.

Just had a text from the doris. She's bought some but didn't say what. Something tells me its going to go tits up. lol

Steve

iff you asked her to non-bio she will
thers one thing i have learnd about the other kind(woman) is when thay go shopping thay know what to get . where me you and alot off others would be the for ages reading the instuctions:lol1:

just stand a few feet back at tell her to get back doon to the shops iff its the wrong1 ......(those few feet will give you time to get out the way iff she throws the powder at ya:thumb: ). then you will have to go down the shops:freak3

+Doc+ 19 February 2008 04:02 PM

Surecare...cause its the only thing in the house :D

renny 19 February 2008 10:12 PM

Fairy non-bio liquid here.

I wash them myself as i is a modern man :lol1:

(and there's no way on earth she will wash them for me!)

Edit: What i meant was there's no way i would 'trust' her to wash them for me !!

53 19 February 2008 10:20 PM

A blob of my least favourite car shampoo in the drum and then white vinegar in the wash/conditioner drawer. Shampoo nukes the car grease and the white vinegar removes the wax and revives the cloths. Tumble MF's on a low heat to plump.

COLZO 19 February 2008 10:30 PM

I always tell the Mrs (aye right :lol1:) to use non bio liquid (defo not powder :nono:) and a spot of white vinegar in the conditioner compartment.

DemonDave 21 February 2008 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by +Doc+ (Post 7668238)
Surecare...cause its the only thing in the house :D

must be an ilson thing ---- me too :)

scoobyschef 21 February 2008 02:04 AM

is this post clukin real, i cant belive what i am reading

jim

Stevesbluewrx 21 February 2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyschef (Post 7672916)
is this post clukin real, i cant belive what i am reading

jim

That is correct squire. Cant just wash the demons in anything.:thumb:

Steve

Stevesbluewrx 21 February 2008 10:18 AM

Ok,

Found out what she bought. She got the Tesco own (non-bio liquid in white). Smells nice too but thats another matter.

I see a couple of folks use the White Vinegar too. May add a drop or two in there. I did suggest adding some Swissol or Poorboys suds in the washing machine. But she wasn't best please with that idea!!

Steve

Rich @ PB 22 February 2008 02:30 PM

Fairy Non-Bio. :D