ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   **STOLEN** 07 Yamaha R1 in black. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/667776-stolen-07-yamaha-r1-in-black.html)

Snazy 15 February 2008 03:01 PM

**STOLEN** 07 Yamaha R1 in black.

Unlikely I know, but its the right thing to do.
Guy I work with sadly had his R1 stolen yesterday from almost right under his nose.
On an industrial estate in SW8, a van pulled up, doors opened, and voila the bike was gone.
Sadly no info on the van used has been made available. However a couple of months back, 3 white guys in a plain white long wheel base Merc Sprinter did a very similar action, but got spooked.
Again no one bothered at this time to get a reg or a picture. Which has proved a real shame.

So just on the off chance, that anyone sees anything pop up in any bike parts sales places, Ebay etc, that could be from this, please post up and let me know so I can pass the info on.

Like I say, I know its a REAL long shot, but nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Scott W 15 February 2008 04:31 PM

This isn't much help but on another forum there has been mention of quite a lot of R1's being stolen in the London area.

I had my bike stolen from work a couple of years back and it sucks!

Snazy 15 February 2008 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Scott W (Post 7656706)
This isn't much help but on another forum there has been mention of quite a lot of R1's being stolen in the London area.

I had my bike stolen from work a couple of years back and it sucks!

Is there, do you have a link. Might help him a bit knowing he is not being singled out if you know what I mean.

Sti_Prodrive 15 February 2008 04:42 PM

raa a real shame... but all da best on the hunt... by da way, where abouts are you guy's from in London ?

Snazy 15 February 2008 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sti_Prodrive (Post 7656741)
raa a real shame... but all da best on the hunt... by da way, where abouts are you guy's from in London ?

Im in the SE, bike went from Battersea

ScoobyDriverWannabe 15 February 2008 04:48 PM

:( ouch

I mentioned yesterday on a different thread about when i was at college few year ago and similiar thing happened too one of the lads mopeds, van pulled up stuck it in the back and the drove away. It ended up happening another 4 times.

A few months later my m8 found it advertised in bike trader. It was blatently his, when he crashed it he made some of the plastic fairing him self using the machinery in college including a daft handly thing he vac vormed. So parts of the bike were unique. They had just put new plates on it. Police wernt really interested though by the time they finally sent some one round too check it out the bike had been sold on :(.

Hope your m8 has better luck

Snazy 15 February 2008 04:54 PM

Cheers, he seems a bit more upbeat about it today. Had to get home to over Enfield way last night with only his leather and a helmet.... no bike.

Looks like the wierd one on the train eh

Sti_Prodrive 15 February 2008 05:30 PM

yh im from S E london

Bravo2zero_sps 15 February 2008 06:33 PM

I had my 5 day old 2003 R1 nicked from Aldgate lifted into a white van and they caught the bloke 3 days later in the East End. He is thought to be behind a lot of bike thefts. I have his address from the time if you want me to dig it out as may be worth a look round his area as he is that stupid he rides them about after nicking them. Let me know.

Snazy 15 February 2008 06:54 PM

Another of my mates actually caught 2 guys trying to load his 05 R1 into the side door of a transit, screamed at them and ran at them, they took off, dropping the bike back out of the door in the process. Stolen van.

One of the muppets dropped his phone though. Same story, they got him and he was apparently responsible for quite a few similar thefts.

Sti prodrive, im about 10 mins from crystal palace myself :)

Scott W 16 February 2008 04:55 PM

Snazy, take a look on London Bikers as there have been some posts in there from R1 owners having their bikes stolen (in the general section).

Snazy 17 February 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Scott W (Post 7659855)
Snazy, take a look on London Bikers as there have been some posts in there from R1 owners having their bikes stolen (in the general section).

cheers mate :)