ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Burger King - world gone mad ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/667566-burger-king-world-gone-mad.html)

Terminator X 14 February 2008 05:02 PM

Burger King - world gone mad ...

I have a "thing" for not purchasing coke etc from the Fast Food places on principle that they charge a fortune for something that costs them 1p (ish) to produce/sell :mad: so much so that I refuse to buy a "meal" & instead buy a burger & fries. Over last few years BK have started closing the gap between the price for a "meal" & the price for a burger & fries :( cheeky beggers!

Last week though I bought said burger & fries & it cost me 12p more than the associated meal, how crazy is that :cuckoo:

Rant over!

TX.

PS

It's not a daily issue ;)

PeteBrant 14 February 2008 05:10 PM

I share your pain.

One day, I decided I wanted a Double Bacon cheese burger from BK. I didn't want fries or a drink.

I asked for a DBC

Woman says "What drink would you like with your meal?"

So I said "Oh, no, I only want the burger please"

"Sorry," She says "I can't sell you just the burger, you have to have a meal"

"What?" I said, my incredulity meter running close to maximum.

"The till wont let me sell you just a burger"

So I just said "manager" and he duly arrived and confirmed that because they were on offer, they could only sell me a DBC meal as opposed to just a burger.

So I said "well, can you just give me a burger?"

To which the reply was that they weren't allowed to do that as I had paid for a meal.

So I said "fine" and they gave me my meal.

And I took the Burger off the tray and left everything else where it was.

They probably called me evey prat under the sun, but it was the principle of the matter.

Terminator X 14 February 2008 05:24 PM

That reminds me of another actually!

Off to Humphries / Kwik Fit / whatever for a MOT. I know that a sidelight is out which will fail me so I bring a bulb with me ... can you see where this might be going :wonder:

I explain situation which prompts:

"Sorry Sir we can't fit your bulb"

"Why not?"

"Company Policy. Needs to be one of ours"

"You won't fit my bulb" :mad:

"No"

"Manager pls"

Manager rocks up & says same thing. I explain that I've got a bulb & just want them to fit it. No can do Sir! Manager then walks off. Try to get Manager back & it turns out that he's too busy to see me ...

Walked out in the end, fitted bulb myself & went elsewhere. Annoyed to say the least.

TX.

Luminous 14 February 2008 05:26 PM

:lol: nicely done :D

The customer is always right, and has the right to prove so too :smug: :lol1:

Just don't let them see you coming back, or they may prepare you a "special burger". Heaven help you if there is any mayo in anything you order :lol1: :eek:

MikeCardiff 14 February 2008 05:41 PM

Why didnt you just fit the bulb yourself before going in ? It takes about 30 seconds and you wouldnt have had to faff about.

Terminator X 14 February 2008 05:43 PM

^^ I'm not really mechanically minded :( took me about 30mins to do at home!

TX.

Edit - sorry just got what you meant! Didn't have time to fit before I got there as was running late (as usual) ...

dpb 14 February 2008 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 7653583)
^^ I'm not really mechanically minded :( took me about 30mins to do at home!

TX.

Edit - sorry just got what you meant! Didn't have time to fit before I got there as was running late (as usual) ...

hand over the 25 quid for changing the bulb and stop moaning you whinger

how do you expect anybody to make a living :rolleyes:

- they clearly saw you coming at the other place as well :lol1:

Tiggs 14 February 2008 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 7653400)
I have a "thing" for not purchasing coke etc from the Fast Food places on principle that they charge a fortune for something that costs them 1p (ish) to produce/sell :mad: so much so that I refuse to buy a "meal" & instead buy a burger & fries. Over last few years BK have started closing the gap between the price for a "meal" & the price for a burger & fries :( cheeky beggers!

Last week though I bought said burger & fries & it cost me 12p more than the associated meal, how crazy is that :cuckoo:

Rant over!

TX.

PS

It's not a daily issue ;)

Hang on - you dont buy a coke because you wont pay a fortune for something costing 1p. Now the cost to obtain a coke is 12p you are pissed off?

Crazy, i cant believe more people don't get out of this dump and go live in Africa.

P_v_G 14 February 2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggs
Now the cost to obtain a coke is 12p you are pissed off?

The way I read it was that he paid 12p more than the cost of a "value" meal (drink/burger/fries) just to have a burger and fries handed over. Is that right?

WRX_Dazza 14 February 2008 06:00 PM

i'll think you'll find the cost of his coke would have been -12p

i'd do the same.... i dont want the fookin awful sugary water and cold hollow fries....!!! just a burger if its not too much trouble (and thats only when i'm on death's door from starvation, not through chioce!!!

Tiggs 14 February 2008 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by P_v_G (Post 7653649)
The way I read it was that he paid 12p more than the cost of a "value" meal (drink/burger/fries) just to have a burger and fries handed over. Is that right?

I take it all back then - they pay him to have the coke, evil corporate scum.

WRX_Dazza 14 February 2008 06:01 PM

lol :)

WRX_Dazza 14 February 2008 06:02 PM

i wonder how much the coke is on its own, of if you have to have a burger and fries with it as well!!!

Terminator X 14 February 2008 06:11 PM

Meal = coke, burger & fries is 12p less than just a burger & fries. The coke is now minus 12p which, as another person above pointed out, now makes it a bargain! Why am I not happy :wonder: Are they losing money on the 1p coke now ;)

TX.

Originally Posted by P_v_G (Post 7653649)

Tiggs 14 February 2008 06:19 PM

They but 10 zillion tons of food - it helps them to shift it at a set rate, that's facilitated by getting you to buy it in a set pattern.

Normally this stuff isn't an issue because if you're stupid enough to eat there you wouldn't think of these problems.

Prasius 14 February 2008 06:23 PM

It's just a bloody coke and fries.. sheesh.. :p

;)

Luminous 14 February 2008 08:04 PM

You could always ask for Fanta, that would solve the Coke issue... ;)

mart360 14 February 2008 08:31 PM

National tyres, is another...

oil change for a tenner.

want the scoob done ;)

the filter is a champion xxxxx (very old non turbo scoob)

computer says, not in stock... cant do...

asks the guy to give me the champion filter book,

looks up scooby, filter is a xx7xxx same as fiesta, and numerous others.

shows to guy behind counter.

no cant do it cos screen says filter not in stock..

FFS

they had the offending filter on the sodding shelf,

"but only in fiesta fitment"

jeez where do they get these people :(

Mart

Hoppy 14 February 2008 08:38 PM

Oh My God! This is terrible news. Sign yourself off for a week with burger-induced stress disorder :rolleyes:

Steve vRS 14 February 2008 08:42 PM

I like annoying McDonald and BK staff by asking for a beefburger, chips and pop. They always reply, "You mean a hamburger, fries and coke?" :D

Steve

MikeCardiff 15 February 2008 08:42 AM

I remember years ago working with an American woman who was over here - we went to BK to get some food and she had a huge argument with them because she thought the burger was tiny ( she was used to the 99c American version which is the size of a dustbin lid ) and nothing like the photo over the till.

pimmo2000 15 February 2008 08:47 AM

Why would you use a fast food place anyway ... eeeewwww :)

davegtt 15 February 2008 09:27 AM

:lol1:

And there was me thinking I had issues in life. I can only pray to god that they look after you in the next life :rolleyes:

WRX_Dazza 15 February 2008 09:53 AM

talking of being pressured to buying things you dont want, i went into PCWorld (yes, i know!!!) to buy a laptop, found a nice HP/Compaq and said to the sales person, right, can you get me one of those please for £499.00.

he then starts to tell me about the extra protection cover, i humour him for a bit then politely say, no its ok, i just want to laptop. at which point he starts listing the benefits once more...... right, this ****er is now starting to wind me up.
"Look mate, i understand you need to sell this stuff but i work in I.T. and am quite happy to fix any software issues myself, and hardware issues i'll address with HP for the 12 month warranty"

then he starts again, listing the benefits (one of which was 24/7 access to a premium landline - bargain!!!)

I then took a deep breath and said "I ...... Just.......Want.......the......laptop" thank you.
what about after the first year.....???

"i'll chuck the thing away and get another one mate..."

i thought he was going to cry, anyway off he trots, comes back with the laptop and offers to come over to the till with me, so i can pay.

He is STILL bleating on about this fecking warranty at this point, where i'm ashamed to say i just ignored him!!!!

the laptop is great by the way!!! - now i've posted this something will go wrong with it... you watch!!!.. :)

davegtt 15 February 2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 7655201)
"Look mate, i understand you need to sell this stuff but i work in I.T. and am quite happy to fix any software issues myself, and hardware issues i'll address with HP for the 12 month warranty"

:lol1: You dont have a choice, any software issues are not covered by PC worlds warrenty etc ;)

Tiggs 15 February 2008 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen (Post 7654171)
I like annoying McDonald and BK staff by asking for a beefburger, chips and pop. They always reply, "You mean a hamburger, fries and coke?" :D

Steve

Bet you have them in stiches at your office.

HPLovecraft 15 February 2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff (Post 7655012)
I remember years ago working with an American woman who was over here - we went to BK to get some food and she had a huge argument with them because she thought the burger was tiny ( she was used to the 99c American version which is the size of a dustbin lid ) and nothing like the photo over the till.

This reminds me of the Michael Douglas film 'Falling Down'

Anyone seen it ?

Basically a guy on the verge of a meltdown caused by the pressures of modern living. He goes into a burger shop and gets served a sorry looking excuse for a burger (after they refuse to sell him breakfast cos its a few minutes after the breakfast serving hours) then looks at the advert on the wall of what he's supposed to get - then promptly pulls out his uzi !!

but he doesn't actually hurt anyone, hes just desperate to make a point.

davegtt 15 February 2008 10:39 AM

Falling Down - Good movie. I like when they drive by shooting happens and they miss him, he just walks over and picks up shed loads of weapons and wonders off priceless. Karma at its best :D

Steve vRS 15 February 2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggs (Post 7655241)
Bet you have them in stiches at your office.

Oh yes!

This one time, at band camp... ;)

Steve

SJ_Skyline 16 February 2008 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen (Post 7654171)

Steve

It begs the retort, "Oh, does the burger have ham in it?" I can just see the spotty assistant getting confused, it opens up a whole new avenue of fun with them. :D