ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Thought booking holidays were a time of excitement (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/667366-thought-booking-holidays-were-a-time-of-excitement.html)

Simon C 13 February 2008 08:42 PM

Thought booking holidays were a time of excitement

Just tired booking mine, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nearest free hotel I can find is 40 kms from where I want to be!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thats an 80km drive everyday and so far from the evening life.......

You'd think I was going to outer mongolia rather than a town in Austria, for a World cup event! It only atracts 26000 visitors, and the dates haven't been released yet! :eek:

I'm bloody stressed now, I need a holiday :mad:

Snazy 13 February 2008 09:04 PM

Just booking the flights for Florida now . Im real excited lol

Land at airport, pick up cars, drive to house.,..... sorted :D

Simon C 13 February 2008 09:06 PM

'Cof!!! :D

Snazy 13 February 2008 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7651338)
'Cof!!! :D

lol wanna come on my holiday instead? :p

Snazy 13 February 2008 11:56 PM

Flights sorted, booking the cars in the morning :D

Woohoooooooooo

Simon C 14 February 2008 09:02 AM

I wanna go to Hochfilzen.

Women in skin tight suits :norty:

Snazy 14 February 2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7652170)
I wanna go to Hochfilzen.

Women in skin tight suits :norty:

I prefer Daytona with women in tight skin and very little else ! :notworthy

speedking 14 February 2008 10:37 AM

Have to agree. We're going to Jersey. Phoned up to check accommodation availability, choice of three, no problem.

Next evening book the flights; then the hire car; can't book accommodation online.

Next day phone up for accommodation, our choices fully booked:eek: End up paying an extra 50% for accommodation. Does look rather nice though;) Forced into our comfort zone.

Snazy 14 February 2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 7652409)
Have to agree. We're going to Jersey. Phoned up to check accommodation availability, choice of three, no problem.

Next evening book the flights; then the hire car; can't book accommodation online.

Next day phone up for accommodation, our choices fully booked:eek: End up paying an extra 50% for accommodation. Does look rather nice though;) Forced into our comfort zone.

Doh know that feeling well.
We always book the accomodation a year in advance, then the cars, then the flights.
Left the flights too late last year and got screwed on them. This year we are 4 months in advance on cars and flights.
Only going Thompson, but one of the better cheap flight options.

Simon C 14 February 2008 11:57 AM

Lucky you!!! Its not like I'm going to the middle of nowhere. The place is equivalent of going to the scottish highlands.

Might leave it to later in the year and see if things change. I'd have thought trying to book 10 months in advace was good enough.

Leslie 14 February 2008 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7651236)
Just tired booking mine, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nearest free hotel I can find is 40 kms from where I want to be!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thats an 80km drive everyday and so far from the evening life.......

You'd think I was going to outer mongolia rather than a town in Austria, for a World cup event! It only atracts 26000 visitors, and the dates haven't been released yet! :eek:

I'm bloody stressed now, I need a holiday :mad:

Thats about 25 miles each way then!

Les

Simon C 14 February 2008 12:27 PM

Tis, and no train, which means no parties cos I can't drink.

Fuzz 14 February 2008 12:34 PM

Have some stars for paying attention at school. :D

Leslie 15 February 2008 05:05 PM

Well I hope you get it all sorted anyway.

Les :)

Snazy 18 February 2008 09:40 AM

Phew, well thats a relief :)
All booked for flights etc now, upgraded too just for the hell of it. Its only Thompson anyway, but nice to arrive fresh :)

Now for all the "extras" :D

All sorted yet Simon?

Simon C 18 February 2008 10:51 AM

Not sorted at all.

Someone on the BIathlon forum dropped a bombshell too. The IBU are holding 2 round in Canada and USA (1 each). Now considering a trip to USA instead of.

Fly to Portland then a 5 hour drive up route 11 to Fort Kent.

Snazy 18 February 2008 10:54 AM

Blimey, sounds like a right holiday nightmate.

Mine could get worse yet, facing going onto half pay from next month and still got loads to pay for..... Just hope I get something sorted out work wise in the coming 2 months lol

Simon C 18 February 2008 11:20 AM

Its a bloody mess, yes.

Got some serious planning to do, although I do have 12 months if the choice is USA.

The move at the end of feb is killing me making any choices right now.