ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Snazy - Now ya got me thinking!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/666863-snazy-now-ya-got-me-thinking.html)

CDF Racing 11 February 2008 07:35 PM

Snazy - Now ya got me thinking!!

What car to rent in Vegas,:confused: :freak3: :confused: ....... I wasn't going to bother but now looking at some of the cars available im thinking Hell Yeah !!

Just can't make my mind up,...... bearing in mind there would be three of us

Here is one place Luxury Car Rental - Las Vegas - Convertible and sporty roadster car rentals

And i liked this :luvlove: :luvlove:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...ng/mustang.jpg

topbuzz 11 February 2008 07:42 PM

One of these in black would be keen:
Rent Dodge Charger SRT 8 at Rent a Vette - Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Diego leading exotic car rental company

You could cruise the hood getting respect from all the badass dealers!
Not a bad price for 3 days $306.

Don't forget the hanky hanging out your jeans for the full effect.

DemonDave 11 February 2008 09:49 PM

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/byr/i...=globNav_3_2_1

https://images.hertz.com/vehicles/ZEUSCXAR999.jpg

NotoriousREV 11 February 2008 10:07 PM

There's literally millions (well OK, not literally) of places doing exotic car rental on the strip including Ferraris, Lambos etc. Shop around. We rented a "new" Thunderbird which was pretty cool (5.4L V8 in a small convertible)

Snazy 12 February 2008 10:19 AM

Would not go for an "exotic" myself, but something prestige if anything.
Like I said we are having a Expedition 5.4 300bhp 365 lbft lol and a mustang convertible for popping to the shops in lol.

If your only renting for a few days, push the boat out for the Shelby Mustang or something nice but not ott.

Sorry for costing you money lol

Leslie 12 February 2008 10:34 AM

There is a place in between the city and the USAF Air Force base to the north which does "rent a wreck" for a remarkably cheap price and which is perfectly good for travelling around the local area. We even drove to LA on one weekend and to the Grand Canyon on another with no problem. We found that since we were not bothered about what anyone saw us driving, the money saved was far more useful for doing more interesting things out there.

Les :)

Snazy 12 February 2008 10:41 AM

How about one of these, available through Hertz...

The Armoured Range Rover

Range Rover“s unique blend of pure British luxury, clean elegant lines and legendary range of abilities makes it the most capable and versatile, discretely armoured vehicle in the world. And now you can rent one from Hertz in the United Kingdom.

Specification:

Full and discrete passenger protection
Armour protection with kevlar vehicle floor
Side blast and under floor grenade protection
Glass/polycarbonate fixed glass windows
Anti-tamper exhaust
Run-flat tyre system
Compliant with B6 ballistic level of protection
Independently certified by QinetiQ
Available from Hertz in London (Marble Arch)

Rental Rates (conditions apply):

1 day 2-4 days 5+ days
£1000/day £800/day £700/day

Love the way its only available in London. What are they trying to say! :D

michaelro 12 February 2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7646706)
There is a place in between the city and the USAF Air Force base to the north which does "rent a wreck" for a remarkably cheap price and which is perfectly good for travelling around the local area. We even drove to LA on one weekend and to the Grand Canyon on another with no problem. We found that since we were not bothered about what anyone saw us driving, the money saved was far more useful for doing more interesting things out there.

Have to agree somewhat.

Hoover dam, a helicopter trip into the Canyon, shows etc are a much better way to to spend the money than a car...

There's a bus route that operates along the strip (between hotels) for getting around.
Or walk :thumb:

Leslie 12 February 2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7646758)
Have to agree somewhat.

Hoover dam, a helicopter trip into the Canyon, shows etc are a much better way to to spend the money than a car...

There's a bus route that operates along the strip (between hotels) for getting around.
Or walk :thumb:

Exactly!

Spoon 12 February 2008 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7646900)
Exactly!

If you squeak when you move then yes. :)

Leslie 13 February 2008 12:18 PM

Its worse that that Spoon

Snazy 13 February 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7647062)
If you squeak when you move then yes. :)

lol I was gonna use the phrase "it would depend on your budget" but I like the way you put that :lol1:

Always nice to have the freedom of a car, but then again I only do Florida, and there is a lot of getting about to do. Seeing families all lined up at the bus stop makes me wanna offer them a lift lol

Spoon 13 February 2008 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7649734)
Its worse that that Spoon

Squeaking and rattling, Les? :)

Spoon 13 February 2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7649761)
lol I was gonna use the phrase "it would depend on your budget" but I like the way you put that :lol1:

Always nice to have the freedom of a car, but then again I only do Florida, and there is a lot of getting about to do. Seeing families all lined up at the bus stop makes me wanna offer them a lift lol

I look at it that if you're on a budget in the US you shouldn't be there. Obviously there are limitations but deciding between hiring a decent motor or going on an excursion seems daft. Have both and drive yourself there. :thumb:

Snazy 13 February 2008 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7649876)
I look at it that if you're on a budget in the US you shouldn't be there. Obviously there are limitations but deciding between hiring a decent motor or going on an excursion seems daft. Have both and drive yourself there. :thumb:

As they say in the USA..... Hell Yeah !

michaelro 13 February 2008 01:38 PM

I look at it that if you're on a budget in the US you shouldn't be there.

You could say that about any holiday.

Unless you're loaded, spending loads on something (hiring a car) which can be done a lot cheaper is daft..

Have both and drive yourself there. :thumb:

Good luck driving into the Grand Canyon....

Snazy 13 February 2008 01:46 PM

But at the same time I can see Spoon's angle. Your there to have fun, let your hair down etc... if you can afford a silly car, DO IT :D

Thats part of the fun for me when planning, how mad a car I can get each year without going ott

Spoon 13 February 2008 01:50 PM

michaelro, I bet you're a real scream, the person always invited first to a party. :D

michaelro 13 February 2008 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7649951)
But at the same time I can see Spoon's angle. Your there to have fun, let your hair down etc... if you can afford a silly car, DO IT :D

Thats part of the fun for me when planning, how mad a car I can get each year without going ott

If it wasn't Vegas I'd possibly agree.

So easy to lose more than you planned to spend, especially if you're with a group of lads....

Snazy 13 February 2008 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7649962)
If it wasn't Vegas I'd possibly agree.

So easy to lose more than you planned to spend, especially if you're with a group of lads....

Fair play. Having not been there its hard for me to comment :)

michaelro 13 February 2008 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7649956)
michaelro, I bet you're a real scream, the person always invited first to a party. :D

Cheeky Sod :p

I'm not a skinflint, I'd rather go on 2 holidays than blow all my money on one...

Spoon 13 February 2008 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7649972)

I'm not a skinflint, I'd rather go on 2 holidays than blow all my money on one...

That still doesn't make sense to me as it's like having 2 fit birds and 1 condom, surely you'd buy another pack? :thumb:

Snazy 13 February 2008 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7649972)

I would too, hence Caribbean for Jan and Florida for June
Was hoping for snowboarding in March but cant with my arm :(

Will have to leave that for the 09 season lol

michaelro 13 February 2008 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7649979)
That still doesn't make sense to me as it's like having 2 fit birds and 1 condom, surely you'd buy another pack? :thumb:

Worst Analogy Ever...

[/Comic Book Store Guy]

:p

Spoon 13 February 2008 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7649992)
Worst Analogy Ever...

[/Comic Book Store Guy]

:p

I suppose it is if you bat for the other side. I never knew, honest, I'll keep it quiet too. :thumb:

michaelro 13 February 2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7650002)
I suppose it is if you bat for the other side. I never knew, honest, I'll keep it quiet too. :thumb:

2/10

Spoon 13 February 2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7650007)
2/10

You're kidding right? :lol1:

http://www.stubhub.com/promotions/sc...ople-136px.gif

michaelro 13 February 2008 02:17 PM

Have you ever considered a career in stand up?

With those gags I can't see you going to the US anytime soon...

Spoon 13 February 2008 03:07 PM

I did stand-up for 17 years. :D

CDF Racing 13 February 2008 05:38 PM

Spoke to my mate today and i can't believe he don't want to hire a car....... not even for a day :razz:

Sod him........he can get the bus :lol1: