ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cheap USA shipping..? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/665109-cheap-usa-shipping.html)

jasonius 04 February 2008 03:37 PM

Cheap USA shipping..?

Does anyone know the cheapest way to send a 7kg parcel (~50x50x70cm) to the USA..?

Volumetric tariffs are making the ones I've been quoted very expensive..!:cry:

Be cheaper to flydrive..!:mad:

T5NYW 04 February 2008 04:15 PM

Sorry no help but Simular size and weight From USA to UK cost me $105 so about £55 :D

I would imagine UK is closer to £250 so $500 :rolleyes:

Tony

jasonius 04 February 2008 10:37 PM

It's a return, don't ask..!:cry:

Cost $50 from US to UK, seller is going to pay return cost, however I think He'd keel over at the quotes I've been getting..!

£54 via royal mail, not cover, is the cheapest..:confused:

bigarf 05 February 2008 07:35 AM

beware how you send it by royal mail i sold my vf35 turbo to a lad on here and he lived in canada,as i remember i cost me pretty much the same to send.when i posted it the bloke at the post office said it would take around 2 week to get there.think eventually it took just over 2 month and as the cheaper service couldnt be tracked the guy was doing his nut wandering were it had got to.always pay a bit extra and get the tracked service.

Marky9074 05 February 2008 08:24 AM

Maybe try using these... I have not used them, but seen them recommended..

Interparcel : Discount UK & International Parcel Delivery & Courier Services

T5NYW 05 February 2008 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 7626767)
beware how you send it by royal mail .

I totally agree, Give Royal mail a big miss. :mad:

I was in Florida and my Family sent an urgent Document to me by Royal Mail Best service 3 day to USA but "They couln't guaranty service in USA".
2 weeks and it hadn't turned up and I went home. I asked the peeps in the next Villa(resisdent) to post it back to me when/if it came.

6 weeks later it got back to England, I checked the USA frank and it had only taken 5 days from USA to my house and at tenth of the price :rolleyes:

Perhaps a diliberate ploy by Yanks so "We" use UPS and the like

Tony

Mike Murphy 05 February 2008 11:28 AM

Just received a package from Florida to Scotland by DHL, took 48 hours door to door and wasn't too pricey, however, I'm not sure what UK to USE would be

Mike

GazTheHat 05 February 2008 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Marky9074 (Post 7626812)
Maybe try using these... I have not used them, but seen them recommended..

Interparcel : Discount UK & International Parcel Delivery & Courier Services

I use these regulary. No problems.

The rookie 05 February 2008 12:47 PM

UK Courier Services, Express Parcel Delivery & International Shipping very efficent and cost effective service.

Simon