ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Eldest had house points deducted today (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/663525-eldest-had-house-points-deducted-today.html)

Sonic' 28 January 2008 08:46 PM

Eldest had house points deducted today

For asking her teacher if she works in the chippy across the road from the school

Now the teacher is chinese and opposite the school is a chinese chippy, the eldest was 8 today, and in her class she asked her teacher (actually this teacher only teaches her German) if she works in the chippy as she has seen a woman that looks like her in there

So her teacher has deducted house points off her for being cheeky !!

Bit unfair of the teacher really, but I couldnt help laughing when she told us tonight :)

Brendan Hughes 28 January 2008 08:48 PM

Tell her to start an "unjustified infraction" thread in policy :)

j4ckos mate 28 January 2008 08:48 PM

That is funny,

Will 28 January 2008 08:50 PM

I would of done the same as the teacher if it was a 18 year old, but a 8 year old:mad:

Sonic' 28 January 2008 08:50 PM

lol, its parents evening next week, so will be interesting to see if it is mentioned

She also said as she has had the house points deducted her team can no longer win this half term

j4ckos mate 28 January 2008 08:52 PM

when you arrive she will shout
"whhhatt yoo waahhnnt" like the nutty women inj4ckos chippy she loves him

Sonic' 28 January 2008 08:57 PM

I have told her to ask her if she has a sore finger, and when she calls her over to answer 'nobby long'

'Nobby Long' was the nickname of Dave who ran the local chinese chippy many years ago, he didnt mind being called that either :)

jods 28 January 2008 09:06 PM

Your eldest should aporogise at school tomorrow.

1 -2 - 3

"Mee sooo solly"

Go on - I DARE you to!!

Luminous 28 January 2008 09:18 PM

:eek: Seems to be a bit of an over reaction by the teacher :(

Still, perhaps she could make it up to her and buy her a bag of chips :D

[Davey] 28 January 2008 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes (Post 7605740)
Tell her to start an "unjustified infraction" thread in policy :)

Genius :lol1:

jjones 28 January 2008 09:43 PM

i would be asking outright at the parents evening, if the child asked innocently then there should be no reason for punishment.

gazza-uk 28 January 2008 11:29 PM

what the hell are house points?

Snazy 28 January 2008 11:30 PM

Could have been worse, she could have gobbed in your chips next time you go in there :D

Sonic' 29 January 2008 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by gazza-uk (Post 7606554)
what the hell are house points?

The class is split into several groups, and they are called houses

The 'houses' or members of, get points for various things, the house with the most points usually gets some kind of reward/certificate

The funny thing is, she is usually so proud of getting house points for her house team, and tonight she almost seemed pleased that she got deductions from one of her teachers

Reality 29 January 2008 07:56 AM

Get your kid to go for double or quits points today.

Get her to ask why they invaded Poland :D.

PeteBrant 29 January 2008 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Reality (Post 7606800)
Get your kid to go for double or quits points today.

Get her to ask why they invaded Poland :D.

Surely that will open old wounds. The Chinese invasion of Poland is something that will live with us forever.

Reality 29 January 2008 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7606804)
Surely that will open old wounds. The Chinese invasion of Poland is something that will live with us forever.

What does she teach :thumb:

Norman D. Landing 29 January 2008 09:37 AM

Hmm, I ask why dogs teeth can't be taken out and get banned. 3 people in this thread make stereotypical jokes about the Chinese and get laughs. You bunch of weirdos! ;)

<Expects infraction for 'insulting other members'...........again :rolleyes: >

PS Tell her to say "I'm sorry it wasn't you after all, my dad says she's something called 'horny' but you are something called a 'munter' :D

StickyMicky 29 January 2008 09:41 AM

what are house points?

+Doc+ 29 January 2008 09:45 AM

Perhaps she is moonlighting ask for the points to be reinstated or the games up!

N1gel 1970 29 January 2008 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7606560)
Could have been worse, she could have gobbed in your chips next time you go in there :D

or battered the O/P's little'en

SJ_Skyline 29 January 2008 11:20 AM

I'll never forget losing 15 house points in one shot whilst playing footy at primary school when I was about 8 or so.

Bored out of my skull in goal so I decided to see if I could hang upside down by my legs from the crossbar. I could... unfortunately the teacher took a very dim view of my antics and deducted me 15 house points.... miserable fcuker :razz::D

Snazy 29 January 2008 11:35 AM

We used to get house points too. 4 Houses at primary, Livingstone, Patterson, Nightingale and I cant remember the other lol. But its colour was blue, I know that. (what a memory :D almost)

Every week in assembly the new house positions would be announced.

Reality 29 January 2008 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 7607210)
I'll never forget losing 15 house points in one shot whilst playing footy at primary school when I was about 8 or so.

Bored out of my skull in goal so I decided to see if I could hang upside down by my legs from the crossbar. I could... unfortunately the teacher took a very dim view of my antics and deducted me 15 house points.... miserable fcuker :razz::D

fcuk nose what he'd of made of me mooning at the ref for being sent off during the end of terms boys v girls Netball match :D

Leslie 29 January 2008 12:26 PM

Well with all due respect it is a bit cheeky as well as being funny. I do know that if I had said something like that to a teacher when I was a nipper I would have been in for a whacking for sure!

Les :)

J4CKO 29 January 2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 7605765)
when you arrive she will shout
"whhhatt yoo waahhnnt" like the nutty women inj4ckos chippy she loves him

She loves you, she alwasy asks "Where your friend" and you always ask if she is "Waiting for Igor", does anyone know what "Waiting for Igor" means ?

And when I made bird song noises at her cos she asked me if I wanted my chips "Tweet nooow"

When we rang he to book a table from the pub,

Still, she gets her own back with the food.....

I think that her deducting house points is a bit unfair, she probably thinks she is having the p1ss taken but I have and 8 year old, they have a lot going on in their head, making associations all the time, some are wrong, plus they dont have much idea about tact, they know more than you imagine but a lot of it doesnt link or links to the wrong thing, thats why they go to school for another 8 years.

I would go and have a word as, if I expect it was a perfectly innocent comment from an enquiring young mind.

Sonic' 29 January 2008 01:15 PM

Invasion of Poland made me laugh

She is actually from Germany, as the eldest kept inisiting she was German, so in the end I asked her, because I thought the eldest was getting confused because she speaks German

STi wanna Subaru 29 January 2008 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 7607421)
She loves you, she alwasy asks "Where your friend" and you always ask if she is "Waiting for Igor", does anyone know what "Waiting for Igor" means ?

And when I made bird song noises at her cos she asked me if I wanted my chips "Tweet nooow"

When we rang he to book a table from the pub,

Still, she gets her own back with the food.....

I think that her deducting house points is a bit unfair, she probably thinks she is having the p1ss taken but I have and 8 year old, they have a lot going on in their head, making associations all the time, some are wrong, plus they dont have much idea about tact, they know more than you imagine but a lot of it doesnt link or links to the wrong thing, thats why they go to school for another 8 years.

I would go and have a word as, if I expect it was a perfectly innocent comment from an enquiring young mind.

:lol1::notworthy