ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How much for a Bob Rawle Re-Map? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/663499-how-much-for-a-bob-rawle-re-map.html)

gavimpreza9 28 January 2008 07:11 PM

How much for a Bob Rawle Re-Map?

ive got it booked in at RCM but if its cheaper to just go to Bob then may as well do that, tryed to ring a few times but nobody has answered and the website isnt working

MaDaSS 28 January 2008 10:31 PM

Bob as you may know is very busy and his partner in 'crime' has been too.
He will ring you if you leave a message.
His charges are fair and all depends if you have had an EcuTek map before and therefore have the license? Well, the license on the ECU i mean.
For a first map IF you need the license too is dearer.
I already had my license and so it cost me 350 +vat for my 1st map from Bob.
If i went back with minor mods changed, then it would be cheaper for another map from him if only tweaks are involved.
I wont put here prices for remap AND a license as i am not sure i would be correct and that is, after all, for Bob to discuss with yourself :D
But Bob maps for RCM anyway, so if all you are after is a remap then phone Bob. If, like me, you need bits fitting first, then use RCM as well as.
Bob does not fit car parts.

New_scooby_04 28 January 2008 10:51 PM

Bob's prices are about the going rate I believe.

Having dealt with him myself twice and, when I get my FMIC, three times, I can tell you that he is worth every penny! You won't find a better, more helpful mapper!

Ns04

classicscoob 28 January 2008 11:21 PM

Totally agree, he's brilliant

Wmscooby 28 January 2008 11:25 PM

I'm with him saturday morning i cant wait :D :D :D

wrx bill 29 January 2008 07:42 PM

in my opinion bob is the best wouldnt trust anyone else to map any car of mine cant see there would be much price differnec between going direct to bob than going via RCM or no one would use RCM they would all go straight to bob

wrx bill 29 January 2008 07:44 PM

good luck saturday Wmscooby you will be driving home with a big grin on ya face i did after seeing him and keep ya eyes open on that private road of his lol you dont know what idiots could be on it lol

Wmscooby 29 January 2008 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by wrx bill (Post 7608745)
good luck saturday Wmscooby you will be driving home with a big grin on ya face i did after seeing him and keep ya eyes open on that private road of his lol you dont know what idiots could be on it lol

Will do mate lol cheers :thumb:

Mr Footlong 29 January 2008 08:39 PM

I have no idea how Bob has enough energy to work as much as he does, the man likes to keep busy!

I had the same as Madass, existing licence, from another tuner and I was unhappy with the end result. Bob did the main remap after adding the 20g etc back in october and I was also over there on Saturday morning after changing a few more items. The map only needed a good tweak rather than an overhaul so he charged accordingly. You DO have to book well in advance but it is always a pleasant experience and I enjoy drooling close to, not on his beautiful GT2 porker whenever I go over there.

Bob has a legendary status on here for a good reason and I am sure you will agree once you 'meat the man' :).