ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Orange County Choppers - Trouble at mill! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/662171-orange-county-choppers-trouble-at-mill.html)

The Chief 22 January 2008 10:31 PM

Orange County Choppers - Trouble at mill!

Crikey only found out last night that Vinnie Dimartino of OCC fame and Cody have had enough of OCC, reading a few forums last night i hear that OCC is disapearing up its own a***!!! and has gotten too big for its own good.

Paul Teutul (Snr) said that everyone is replaceable, thats is maybe so but what a thing to say to someone that has worked their nuts off and helped creat the global success that OCC is today.

Where as the Teutul bathe in wealth Vinnie remained the same as when he first started and just got on with things.

Very sad that it has come to this - i'll be amazed if OCC is still on our screens in two years, once the fad has worn off and people lose interest teh money will dry up and the leeches and hangers on will bugger off.

OCC also have had problems with the Mafia and recently a bankruptcy fraud.

OC Chopper clan accused of bankruptcy fraud - RecordOnline.com - The Times Herald Record

Vinnie has started his own shop... V-Force Customs

Not sure if he has the business know how but he certainly has the enthusiasm and if the TV get involved (which i think they will) then he could make it big.

Good luck to the guy.:thumb:

Kieran_Burns 22 January 2008 10:39 PM

Wow.

Read the Bio - they simply don't mention OCC - just call it a "small town bike customiser"

That in itself is telling!!!!

Will 22 January 2008 10:41 PM

Shame, i enjoyed watching american choppers, a great show

hectic 22 January 2008 10:42 PM

Pauly senior is far too big for his boots anyway, therefore , the end is nigh.. (only mikey was ever worth watching tbh, he was such a lardy arsed lump he was funny).
good luck to Vinnie and Cody.
:)

Odds on 22 January 2008 10:47 PM

I've had enough of Discovery showing the re-runs constantly.

Strange this thread has appeared though. Yesterday I saw 2 people within an hour wearing OCC tops, not something I've seen before. (In London) :wonder:

Odds on 22 January 2008 10:49 PM

Oh, and suprise suprise, an advert for Miami ink and the other one was just on. Looks like they love setting up a row and then running both shows...... :rolleyes:

Snazy 22 January 2008 11:03 PM

Oh dear!

mykp 22 January 2008 11:06 PM

Stopped watching it ages ago, as its the same old, same old. Build a bike, shout at each other, abuse the employees, smash something up, heres something we've bought with our money, smash that up, shout at each other some more, etc...

If it wasnt for mikey it wouldnt be worth watching (mikey get your own show mate, "Mikey builds scrap")

I say good luck to Vinnie and Cody. If there making bikes even half the quality as they where at OCC they'll do well.

Snazy 22 January 2008 11:13 PM

Interesting to read Nubby is backing them. Cant see Snr still using him now.

Looks like the best of the bunch have split, best of luck to them. Now they just need Rick :D

Will 22 January 2008 11:18 PM

But it wont be the same without vinny and cody though

Snazy 22 January 2008 11:20 PM

Maybe American Chopper will follow them lol

If they cant walk away loaded from this I will be shocked.
Recover, maybe not, retire, I would hope so.

karl h 22 January 2008 11:50 PM

crap show :Whatever_ boring bikes :sleep: same old chromed up rubbish

loads of better builders of this type of bike out there

like this for one example

Autoblog

or...
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...h/630ec345.jpg

The Chief 23 January 2008 12:58 AM

Nice but unrideable - where's the bleedin' spokes?

MikeCardiff 23 January 2008 08:55 AM

Cant say I blame Vinny - the Teutels have made a huge amount of money ( mostly from selling T-shirts, car mats, mugs etc... rather than bikes, which is a bit crap ) and should have made Vinny a partner, even if just a small percentage.

He seems to be one of the few people there who has any real mechanical skill.

Simon C 23 January 2008 09:33 AM

Can't say I'm suprized. Snr needs knocking down a few places and jnr needs a kick up the ass.

The only bike I liked that they made was the Black Widow.

Good luck to Cody and Vinnie.

p1mark 23 January 2008 10:11 AM

They (Mikey, Jnr, Snr) visited my place of work a year or two ago. I love the program but always thought a lot of it was put on. I did not have anything to do with them but the guys who took them round said that Snr was just as miserable and gruff as he is on the TV!:lol1:

CrisPDuk 23 January 2008 10:28 AM

Never really thought much of the Teutels abilities anyway to be honest, they're heavily dependent on their staff and sub-contractors to actually get the bikes built (Paul Jr's welding is shocking:eek:), they're much in the same vein as that other Discover Channel wanker, Boyd Coddington IMO:freak3:

I've always preferred the look if this guys bikes meself

:: e x i l e ::

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 7588387)
Nice but unrideable - where's the bleedin' spokes?

Centreless hub IIRC, quite trick, but probably not very practical:cool:

The Chief 23 January 2008 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 7588878)
Centreless hub IIRC, quite trick, but probably not very practical:cool:

Only kidding fella - looks great:thumb:

MikeCardiff 23 January 2008 11:51 AM

Looks like Vinny and Cody are going the same way as OCC though. Just had a look at their very flash website - they havent actually built any bikes yet, or got any machinery - the latest news is that they are finishing the floor of their workshop, yet they have merchandise for sale and a fan forum.

Maybe its just me, but dont you think they should concentrate on building some bikes and getting a reputation before they start flogging V-Force baby napkins and drinks coasters ???

Never been overly impressed with the OCC bikes anyway - most are pretty much kits put together from stock parts with the odd bit of metal welded on to make them 'custom' - without the ( admittedly very good ) paint jobs, most would be pretty dull.

I know they are producing more of their own parts in the newer shows for the theme bikes, but if you look at their standard bikes they sell ( for up to $50K ) most of these could be put together by anyone with a spanner and just sent to a paint shop.

Prasius 23 January 2008 12:05 PM

Pop down to the OCC shop in Hemsby and find out what the score is.. ;)