ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Free XBL game to compensate crappy Live (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/661791-free-xbl-game-to-compensate-crappy-live.html)

bob269 21 January 2008 04:34 PM

Free XBL game to compensate crappy Live

The Free game has been decided due to the xmas live problems.

Unfortuanately it's Undertow, which I thought was pretty crappy when played the trial, oh well.

Iain Young 21 January 2008 04:48 PM

Not surprised. It's probably one of the weakest games on live arcade at the moment, so it's also probably the cheapest one for them to give away as nobody was buying it anyway :(

InvisibleMan 21 January 2008 05:43 PM

shame they didnt extend the Carcasonne offer i missed that week it was given away free during the Live anniversary.

bob269 22 January 2008 10:43 AM

As a way to recognize the teams of talented developers who have together created over 112 games for Xbox LIVE Arcade, Microsoft will announce awards for the top XBLA games of 2007 later this year, with several award categories decided by the community. Fans of Xbox LIVE Arcade are invited to cast their votes for the first-ever Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards - 2007 by voting at Xbox.com | Events - Vote in the Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards - 2007. Voting begins Tuesday, January 22 at 2:00 a.m. PST (10:00 GMT) and runs through Wednesday, January 30 at 11:59 p.m. PST (07:59 GMT).

The finalists in each award category were selected by a panel of consumer and video game industry journalists, and the winners will be determined by popular vote. Microsoft will announce the winners of the inaugural Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards - 2007 at the Game Developer Conference in February.

Below is the list of award categories that will be open for public voting:
* Best Overall Arcade Game
* Best Classic Game
* Best Original Game
* Best Family Friendly Game
* Best Competitive Multiplayer Game
* Best Cooperative Multiplayer Game

Other award categories include the following:
* Best selling game
* Most played game
* Highest rated game
* Staff choice

"Undertow" Free of Charge Download on XBLA this Week
This Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday, Xbox LIVE members around the world will be able to download the award-winning "Undertow" free of charge for a limited time. Beginning at 2:00 a.m. PST (10:00 GMT) Wednesday, January 23 and continuing through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 27 (07:59 GMT on Monday, January 28), "Undertow" will be available free of charge on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

Developed by Chair Entertainment Group, Undertow redefines aquatic based shooters through a mix of high-definition graphics, intuitive controls and multiple modes of game play action. The game features a full story driven-single player campaign, on and offline co-op, and multiplayer for 2-16 players over Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers. Players battle for control of the oceans as one of three selectable races, each with four unique, upgradeable units. "Undertow" is available worldwide (normally 800 Microsoft Points) and is rated E10+.

In support of the giveaway, Chair Entertainment Group is offering gamers the opportunity to play alongside the Undertow development team on Thursday, January 24 at 7:00 p.m. PST (03:00 GMT on Friday, January 25). The team will host player matches, provide game play tips and the opportunity for gamers to pick-up Undertow achievements.

messiah 22 January 2008 12:12 PM

...and if you've already got Undertow, tough titty, you're not getting owt else...

I missed out on Carcassone too, my HDD was getting too full so the 360 switched off my automatic DL's.

bob269 22 January 2008 12:34 PM

I quite enjoyed Carcassone

gotmashed 22 January 2008 09:46 PM

A couple of people who have undertow have got give 800 points by phoning ms so might be worth a try for those with it.

Iain Young 23 January 2008 12:23 AM

:eek: You mean somebody actually bought it?

messiah 23 January 2008 09:47 AM

When do we actually get it?

gotmashed 23 January 2008 09:53 AM

today after 10 am

bob269 23 January 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7588750)
When do we actually get it?

I'll go out on a limb here and say today.

Undertow" Free of Charge Download on XBLA this Week
This Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday, Xbox LIVE members around the world will be able to download the award-winning "Undertow" free of charge for a limited time. Beginning at 2:00 a.m. PST (10:00 GMT) Wednesday, January 23 and continuing through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 27 (07:59 GMT on Monday, January 28), "Undertow" will be available free of charge on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

See, i'm awake and alert now ;)