ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Biting point (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/661663-biting-point.html)

moneys 21 January 2008 12:00 AM

Biting point

Hi i changed my clutch about 2000 miles ago and the biting point never changed at all, its fairly high and i expected it to come down some with the new clutch on. is there another way of reducing the bite to somewhat more in the middle or just a bit lower? also will it reduce the weight of the pedal at all?

cheers ste:thumb:

ZIPPY 22 January 2008 03:45 PM

The pedal 'feel' can be adjusted via the clutch pedal itself.

Get on your back and look up above the clutch pedal assembly from the drivers footwell, you will be able to see where the clutch activates the slave/master cylinder when its pressed.

You will see a threaded bolt with a lock nut on one end, undo the lock nut and then adjust the actual rod (Threaded bolt) a couple of turns at a time until it bites where you want it too. Tignten up the lock nut and away you go.

I think the nuts are 11mm, its been a while since i have done this.

moneys 23 January 2008 12:13 AM

cheers zip i will give it a go tomorrow:thumb:

Matt241 23 January 2008 03:47 PM

Let us know how you get on mate mine could do with adjusting to.

Matt.

seano 25 January 2008 08:56 PM

Did you try this out mate and did it work??

moneys 25 January 2008 10:08 PM

tried it, not turned it much but i never noticed much difference, will turn it some more when i get time

urban 01 August 2008 02:24 PM

Did you ever try adjusting this further?

GlesgaKiss 03 August 2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY (Post 7586632)
The pedal 'feel' can be adjusted via the clutch pedal itself.

Get on your back and look up above the clutch pedal assembly from the drivers footwell, you will be able to see where the clutch activates the slave/master cylinder when its pressed.

You will see a threaded bolt with a lock nut on one end, undo the lock nut and then adjust the actual rod (Threaded bolt) a couple of turns at a time until it bites where you want it too. Tignten up the lock nut and away you go.

I think the nuts are 11mm, its been a while since i have done this.

Thanks for that, this is the very thing I was looking to sort out.

My clutch pedal has some loose travel before it even pulls anything. Will it sort that out?

nez-wrx 04 August 2008 06:11 PM

it is fine for taking up the loose travel but thats about it, ive just (2 days ago) fitted a clutch and flywheel on mine and the biting point has stayed the same, becarefull adjusting it because if you do it to far you will end up driving with your clutch slipping, you should have a little free play, this is so that thoses who drive with their foot resting on the clutch pedal dont drive with theirs slipping and not knowing untill clutch is burned out

urban 05 August 2008 09:21 AM

Hi,

Can't the bite point be adjusted/moved then?

Surely there must be some way to do it?

AL99 05 August 2008 01:07 PM

The clutch on my car was worn, I had API fit an excellent AP Racing clutch and aswell as the bite point now being much lower, the pedal feel is also much lighter too.