ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   Time Attack Pro car - 2008 (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/661506-time-attack-pro-car-2008-a.html)

V4JDMSTi 13 March 2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by E_M_B (Post 7727776)
How keen are your eyes Andy...??

I struggled to spot that one, and I already knew about it...:freak3:

Just spotted that. rally cross style. :norty: expecting a few front impacts Zen? ;)

dynamix 13 March 2008 04:04 PM

There is a very good reason (or three) for the rad to be back there - front impacts isnt one of them though :thumb: ;)

old bob 13 March 2008 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 7728734)
There is a very good reason (or three) for the rad to be back there - front impacts isnt one of them though :thumb: ;)

keeps ya hands warmer when ya pushing it!:lol1:

dynamix 13 March 2008 04:22 PM

ok, 4 reasons :D

V4JDMSTi 13 March 2008 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 7728734)

guessing one of them is weight distribution.

SoNiCa 13 March 2008 06:27 PM

Stunning project! I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

Just a question. What is the differences between building a time attack subaru versus a touring subaru? Not sure the FIA rules about touring cars though. But i have seen some Evo's and S2000s racing with Porsches GT3 on Group Maxi touring car class in here

old bob 13 March 2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 7728807)
guessing one of them is weight distribution.

think the bloomin great turbo where the rad normally goes would be high on the list!

Andy.F 13 March 2008 10:14 PM

Thats a good point, I moved my turbo to the front a few years back when it was a tiddly 35, now its a monster it has a larger impact on weight distribution than the radiator does.

John Stevenson 13 March 2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Andy.F (Post 7729869)
Thats a good point, I moved my turbo to the front a few years back when it was a tiddly 35, now its a monster it has a larger impact on weight distribution than the radiator does.

Does that tiddly 35 still live in your Garage ?

;)

V4JDMSTi 14 March 2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by old bob (Post 7729363)
think the bloomin great turbo where the rad normally goes would be high on the list!

oh yes. that may be a reason why :lol1:

Carisma 14 March 2008 02:28 PM

This is getting better and better everytime I read it.

Looking good mates.

mad doc 14 March 2008 04:01 PM

Let me just add little subscription to this :notworthy

rob4620 15 March 2008 01:24 PM

I have seen this in the flesh and it's one of those rare things that you have high expectations for which are totaly exceeded and blown away when you actualy see it.

truly amazing.

ZEN Performance 15 March 2008 09:42 PM

The boot floor/fuel cell mounting is in production as I write this (waiting for some resin to gel). This week's work has been productive, even if the car doesn't look like lots has been done, it's all be very niggling detail work like wiring, plumbing and fixing. The big stuff goes on next week, and we should have the engine running in the 2007 car for bedding in and evaluation.

richtypera 15 March 2008 10:27 PM

keep it going lads.
anymore pics?

Wonder Wagon 15 March 2008 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Performance (Post 7734644)
The boot floor/fuel cell mounting is in production as I write this (waiting for some resin to gel). This week's work has been productive, even if the car doesn't look like lots has been done, it's all be very niggling detail work like wiring, plumbing and fixing. The big stuff goes on next week, and we should have the engine running in the 2007 car for bedding in and evaluation.

You mean 2008 don't you Paul?? :Suspiciou

Neil.. 15 March 2008 10:57 PM

No, I think it will be in last years car for testing/evaluation..

Wonder Wagon 15 March 2008 11:01 PM

Doh!!

makes sense now LOL

David_Wallis 17 March 2008 01:29 AM

Hello :D

ZEN Performance 17 March 2008 10:16 AM

phew!

Boot floor had one minor addition since you left, but is now perfect, if a little heavier than it could have been. Still saved about 4kg on the old one!

David_Wallis 17 March 2008 10:31 AM

Nice one, glad its ok :)

Get some pictures of it up once its mounted.

Dill_typeR 19 March 2008 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zen Performance (Post 7737840)
phew!

Boot floor had one minor addition since you left, but is now perfect, if a little heavier than it could have been. Still saved about 4kg on the old one!

It will be interesting to see if there are any weight loss ideas I can steal:norty:

David_Wallis 19 March 2008 02:02 PM

not really :) unless you seriously commit yourself, or are suicidal.

BIG FUD 19 March 2008 05:23 PM

lol

Originally Posted by Andy.F (Post 7729869)

Good job its got the weight andy to stop it taking off :lol1:

ZEN Performance 20 March 2008 11:02 PM

Well it seems the past week has been one at the mercy of suppliers.

We finally have a sump to use as the basis of our final product, not bad since I ordered them in October of last year.

The suspension links are nowhere to be seen, with no fixed delivery date.

The composite doors with integral frames for plastic windows are terrible, and I'm really not happy to put them on the car unless they are well worked. What is really annoying is that some of these parts are coming from a Time Attack competitor, yet their own car has had no such problems with parts supply (not RCMS before anyone asks).

However, progress continues. Big thanks today to Hauser Racing that knocked up some rear suspension arms for me in 72 hours (including new rod ends shipped from the US for the job), and bent up some tube for us to use on the front. The new custom made suspension from EXE-TC will arrive on weds, and I'm looking forward to that.

However the chances of rolling out the new car for Donnington is slim to none at the moment. I am 99% sure we will run the old car with proper oil cooling and anti-surge sump.

Carl Davey 20 March 2008 11:17 PM

Rear arms and sump sound interesting. :cool: How did you go about having the sump made? Did you design the components, have them machined/cut and then welded elsewhere or was it all done under the roof of a one-stop-shop? Just curious as i seem to have more success in getting things done by going round all the houses, takes up a lot of personal time doing that though.

It's a shame to hear you may be getting messed around. Keep up the great work! :)

Jolly Green Monster 20 March 2008 11:20 PM

good work.. keep going!!!

;)

Simon

dazdavies 20 March 2008 11:34 PM

Perhaps said time attack competitor will read this and pull their fingers out!!!

rob4620 21 March 2008 08:46 AM

The doors are truly awful, shame on the supplier!

Rest of the car is looks ace though, chin up Paul you will get it there!

Dill_typeR 22 March 2008 09:39 AM

Hope you get it all sorted in time, will be a shame after all this effort not to have it ready.
Good luck!