ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC Go's on Tour ~ Le Touquet, France ~ Sat 19th July (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/661320-esc-gos-on-tour-le-touquet-france-sat-19th-july.html)

Tiny 19 January 2008 06:29 PM

ESC Go's on Tour ~ Le Touquet, France ~ Sat 19th July

:luxhello: ESC ON TOUR Le Touquet , France :luxhello:

The date:- Sat 19th July

The Destination:- Le Touquet, France

The Route:- Via Eurotunnel

LE TOUQUET is approx 45mins from Calais @ a steady 60-70mph, along the A16 (E402) in the direction of Boulogne when leaving calais. You will encounter a peage (toll road) on this route, which will cost 2.5 Euros each way.

Le Touquet is a pleasant,clean resort, with boutiques, bars, etc in the town which is just across the road from the seafront. The beach has golden sands which are deep & clean, with plenty of room to play a footie match etc. there is also a modern swimming pool on the beach,with 'flumes' etc, & inside & outside pools.

There are plenty of car parking facilities all along the seafront.

We will be crossing the channel by Eurotunnel, leaving on the 07:20 train & returning on the 21:20(local time)(20:20 English time)

The crossing takes 35mins,and upon disembarkment, its easy with no hold-ups etc as all immigration,passports is done prior to getting on the train.

The toal cost is £59 , per vehicle.

Book your train here

Eurotunnel - Booking module home page

, Click on the 07:20am Outward & The 21:20 return

We did this trip in 2006 , & 1 tank of fuel should easily cover the travel from Lakeside & return.....

Naturally this is a PINK SHIRT event :)

There is also a short tunnel on the A16 :D

ESC on tour Saturday July 19th

1. Tiny & Mrs ESC & Kids ( Crossing booked )

2. Robrroy & Little Munter

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

yellowvanman 19 January 2008 07:20 PM

LE TOUQUET is approx 45mins from Calais @ a steady 60-70mph, along the A16 (E402) in the direction of Boulogne when leaving calais. You will encounter a peage (toll road) on this route, which will cost 2.5 Euros each way.

Le Touquet is a pleasant,clean resort, with boutiques, bars, etc in the town which is just across the road from the seafront. The beach has golden sands which are deep & clean, with plenty of room to play a footie match etc. there is also a modern swimming pool on the beach,with 'flumes' etc, & inside & outside pools.

We will be crossing the channel by Eurotunnel, leaving on the 07:20 train & returning on the 21:20(local time)(20:20 English time)

The crossing takes 35mins,and upon disembarkment, its easy with no hold-ups etc as all immigration,passports is done prior to getting on the train.

Book your train here

Eurotunnel - Booking module home page

We did this trip in 2006 , & 1 tank of fuel should easily cover the travel from Lakeside & return.....

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

Missed this last time, sounded like a great day out.

Kev - turn off the flamer this time :norty:

Milamber 19 January 2008 07:23 PM

I REALLY REALLY want to go on this but need to check my holiday committments first....

yellowvanman 19 January 2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 7578289)
I REALLY REALLY want to go on this but need to check my holiday committments first....

Your names on the list mate! :thumb:

And don't be away the weekend before either, Bev will know why!

SirFozzalot 19 January 2008 07:34 PM

Might be up for this. It's Lady Fozz's birthday on the 19th so I will have to make some checks :thumb:

Tiny 19 January 2008 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 7578289)

Great !!

Back in 2006 This was a great meet , Think we only took 8 cars , Had an awesome day

KevD & His Flamer :nono: Stopped the train for 1/2 hour :lol1:

Le touquet is a wicked little town & caters for all

Oh & the french go mad @ the scoobs :lol1:

Lots of usefull imformation here ...

travel to le touquet in northern france

Get that train booked folks

:thumb:

Tiny 19 January 2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 7578330)
Might be up for this. It's Lady Fozz's birthday on the 19th so I will have to make some checks :thumb:

Yep , What a great way to spend it :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Milamber 19 January 2008 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 7578301)
Your names on the list mate! :thumb:

And don't be away the weekend before either, Bev will know why!

:wonder:

I was disappointed that this wasn't on last year, can't wait for it to happen again...

sheikhlala 19 January 2008 08:34 PM

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

8. Sheikhlala & Tricksy ( Crossing booked )

wozzaa 19 January 2008 09:11 PM

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

9. Wozzaa

Phil 19 January 2008 09:12 PM

:luxhello: GAILS NOT WORKING :luxhello:

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

9. Wozza

10. Phil & Gail and the Pit Crew ( Crossing booked )

Ms Gooner 1 19 January 2008 09:20 PM

Just called Gooner - thought I'd see if he fancied a day trip LOL. He flat refused to go based on the fact that he will not go in a tunnel - however, was happy for me to go :D ......................

Until, that is, I told him it was a WITH CAR event - then he said NO :cry:

Flat refused for him or his bloomin car to leave the country :(

So now I'm sulking and I think you should ALL hound him with PM's and text messages so I can go - either that or I've gotta buy myself a wagon ;)

Phil 19 January 2008 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Gooner 1 (Post 7578677)
Just called Gooner - thought I'd see if he fancied a day trip LOL. He flat refused to go based on the fact that he will not go in a tunnel - however, was happy for me to go :D ......................

Until, that is, I told him it was a WITH CAR event - then he said NO :cry:

Flat refused for him or his bloomin car to leave the country :(

So now I'm sulking and I think you should ALL hound him with PM's and text messages so I can go - either that or I've gotta buy myself a wagon ;)

Phew !!!!!!!!!!!

LOL sorry didn't mean it

You women have your ways and means of persuading ;)

Tiny 19 January 2008 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 7578520)
:wonder:

I was disappointed that this wasn't on last year, can't wait for it to happen again...

Yep so was i mate :(

Last year just seemed to fly by

It's in & done & dusted this year :notworthy

Great response so far

EXCELLENT :luxhello: :luxhello:

stellarrr 19 January 2008 09:35 PM

[SIZE="4"]:norty: You could both still go if you get the ferry and meet the esc getting off the euro. You would have to leave a tad earlier but still get to go :wonder: [/SIZE]

Ms Gooner 1 19 January 2008 09:47 PM

Yes it seems that I am not in need of "persausion". Gooner and I are thinking about going over on the Friday via Ferry and making a weekend of it! :norty: We can then meet up with you guys for the day, and probably come back on the Sunday!

Now I just need to sort out hotels and crossings etc - anyone know where to start, I've never done this type of thing before :brickwall

Phil 19 January 2008 09:49 PM

Le Touquet has many hotels

Hotels in Le Touquet-Paris-Plage, France

Tiny 19 January 2008 09:51 PM

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

9. Wozza

Tiny 19 January 2008 09:54 PM

Do not forget your swimming costume , We spent a few hours in here last time & it was bleeding great :notworthy :notworthy

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Travel/...et/Aqualud.jpg

:luxhello: :luxhello:

stellarrr 19 January 2008 09:59 PM

Go to the local travel agents they will steer you in the right direction

stellarrr 19 January 2008 09:59 PM

Go to the local travel agents they will steer you in the right direction

Ms Gooner 1 19 January 2008 10:45 PM

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

9. Wozza

[/QUOTE]
11. The Gooners (will meet you there)

BeeSTi 19 January 2008 11:11 PM

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

9. Wozza

11. The BeeSTi's & The BeeSTi Boys ( Crossing Booked )

jiffthejiffmanjaffa 19 January 2008 11:55 PM

If I can get the leave, I'm there. :thumb:

Tiny 20 January 2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by jiffthejiffmanjaffa (Post 7579043)
If I can get the leave, I'm there. :thumb:

Excellent :luxhello:

Ms Gooner 1 20 January 2008 08:36 AM

Oi Beesti - you knocked me off the list :nono:

;)

Ms Gooner 1 20 January 2008 08:37 AM

Book your train here

3. Kev D & Paula

4. Hales & Lady Jane

5. YVM + Gang

6. Milamber's

7. Essexboy30's

9. Wozza

11. The BeeSTi's & The BeeSTi Boys ( Crossing Booked )
12. The Gooners - we'll meet you there :thumb:

Budgie 20 January 2008 09:11 AM

should that read £59 each way?
i am there in june for golf weekend and that fare seems cheap

budgie

Mrs BeeSTi 20 January 2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Gooner 1 (Post 7579273)
Oi Beesti - you knocked me off the list :nono:

;)

Don't Know what happened there SORRY :thumb:

Maria, (apologising for Darren )

sheikhlala 20 January 2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by peter budgen (Post 7579330)
should that read £59 each way?
i am there in june for golf weekend and that fare seems cheap

budgie

This is what it says on the confirmation...or have I booked the wrong one :wonder:

Going out
(local time)Day/Overnight Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Saturday 19 July 20https://www.scoobynet.com/mhtml:%7B3...ne_solid_1.gif08Check-in closes 06:50Departure time 07:20Arrival time 08:55£32https://www.scoobynet.com/mhtml:{36C...price_dots.gifComing back
(local time) Day/Overnight Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Saturday 19 July 2https://www.scoobynet.com/mhtml:%7B3...ne_solid_1.gif008Check-in closes 20:50Departure time 21:20Arrival time 20:55£27https://www.scoobynet.com/mhtml:{36C...price_dots.gif