ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Played with audi A3 s? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/661243-played-with-audi-a3-s.html)

ODSSOCKS41 19 January 2008 01:43 PM

Played with audi A3 s?

Any1 had a play with one of these? someone i know mates got one and he thinks they are quicker than scoob. And i've started lookin at them and they do seem quite quick but understated but never had a play with one.
I've got standard 2.5 sti do think they are quicker in standard form than scoob?
V6 3.2 261 bhp can't be bad :norty:
Anyone gone from scoob to one?

GC8WRX 19 January 2008 02:34 PM

You mean the 4 wheel drive one, our kid used to have one before the 123d, and my classic was quicker and much better handling, the 3.2 A3 is nose heavy!

richs2891 19 January 2008 05:49 PM

To answer your question when I had my scoob MY05 wrx running approx 270 BHP had a play with a A3 3.2 on the motorway. Subaru was definately quicker but A3 3.2 has plenty of grunt, but as pointed out its nose heavy and on a twisty road - or even a bumpy road the Subaru would be ahaed by a larger margin. And yes I've currenty swapped my 05 Subaru for an 08 Audi an S3 !
See my scooby for pics !

Richard

ODSSOCKS41 19 January 2008 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by rsarjantson (Post 7578021)
To answer your question when I had my scoob MY05 wrx running approx 270 BHP had a play with a A3 3.2 on the motorway. Subaru was definately quicker but A3 3.2 has plenty of grunt, but as pointed out its nose heavy and on a twisty road - or even a bumpy road the Subaru would be ahaed by a larger margin. And yes I've currenty swapped my 05 Subaru for an 08 Audi an S3 !
See my scooby for pics !

Richard

Nice lookin motor you have there:thumb:

But it just seems like a sea of black inside(no offense)
But i still might be tempted :norty:

richs2891 19 January 2008 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ODSSOCKS41 (Post 7578110)
Nice lookin motor you have there:thumb:

But it just seems like a sea of black inside(no offense)
But i still might be tempted :norty:

ha ha cheers - photography is not my best skill, yes it lots of black - does not help that I forgot to order the white roof lining ! Doh !
The sunroof lets light in though and the silver inserts on the door and trim dont make it as bad in natural light !

Richard

Alan MaC 19 January 2008 08:39 PM

Quick question.

If you've got rid of yer Scoob, why are you not on the Audi Owners Web Page???

ORRR do you fancy coming back???

Regards

Alan MaC

richs2891 19 January 2008 08:53 PM

Ha ha I'm on the Audi sport web site as well !!

Just tends to be more happening on Scoobynet !

Richard

GONZO01 19 January 2008 09:04 PM

I had a play with one of these a few months ago a guy at work bought one and the usually s**t my car is quicker than any Scooby or Evo you can get so we had a play one day early hours of morning on the way home and how do I put this wasted him. Was a bit nervous myself about having a play but by the time I hit 3rd he was about 5-6 car lengths behind me and I was pulling away. Funny for some reason he hasn't spoken to me since:lol1:

Mew 19 January 2008 09:10 PM

i test drove a a4 quattro and a s3 and they were both slow in my opinion..... not a fan of audi 4wd even tho they made it first.... id rather have a bmw m3 instead of audi..

saying that audi n bmw r a compromise u get some speed and some comfort whereas subs tend to be rough as fcuk lol

finalzero 19 January 2008 09:48 PM

Had one as a Company car, upgraded from an Audi A3 2.0 FSi and tbh I hated the S3. Great for motorway cruising due to the grunt but as many have mentioned, definitely nose heavy, typical of a fwd big engine car (my old VR6 was the same).

The 2.0 FSi however was a beauty, just the right amount of balance, loads of fun and great through the twisty b roads