ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Andy Forrest Remap (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/661006-andy-forrest-remap.html)

urban 18 January 2008 11:25 AM

Andy Forrest Remap

Guys,

I'm looking for a few questions answering.

OK, for anyone who has had Mr Forrest do a remap, preferably to a UK STI

What year and how many miles did you remap at

Have you had any problems since

Presumably some sort of health check is carried out on the car

Do I need to ensure anything in advance

How long did it take (I'm told about 2 hours, mainly using 2nd & 3rd gear)

What sort of power did you end up with

If there is anything else you think I should know, then please tell me.

Thanks,

Shaun

bushiwarrior 18 January 2008 11:37 AM

you could always do a search for posts on Andy forest or as hes a regular he may be along to answer the questions him self.:confused:

IMHO you will not find someone of higher knowlegde or standing in the subaru community to carry this work out for you mate. I have read countless people eXperience on this matter and all have highly recommended Andy F.

Good luck see you on the bridge dont worry get it done im sure you wont regret it. I was at one stage considering going to visit his place to get a remap in East Lothian but with travel and probably an over night stay the costs were mounting up. The level of tuning experience in norther ireland is limited from what ive seen and been told even by tuners here.

check the site out
AndyForrestPerformance

GazTheHat 18 January 2008 11:44 AM

What year and how many miles did you remap at
16000, 24000 & 28000

Have you had any problems since
Nothing map related. Car is a dream

Presumably some sort of health check is carried out on the car
Mods are discussed. Gentle run and low boost is all done first to see everything is as should be.

Do I need to ensure anything in advance
Yes, have the petrol that you plan to use in

How long did it take (I'm told about 2 hours, mainly using 2nd & 3rd gear)
About 2-3 hours. All gears, run through gear, heavy load, steady runs. Everything

Plenty!

If there is anything else you think I should know, then please tell me.
Ask as many questions as you like. Andy is a real nice guy, friendly & knowledgable and you can put your trust in his skills.

andythejock01wrx 18 January 2008 12:38 PM

As Gaz (except Andy's only done my car twice ! :D ).

New_scooby_04 18 January 2008 12:43 PM

Andy is one of a select few mappers on here who doesn't get unsatisfied customers, EVER! I think that speaks volumes! :)

Ns04

urban 18 January 2008 12:49 PM

Guys,

I know all that and he seems and sounds like a real good guy from what I read.

I should point out this though, which is the main reason for my questions.

Andy's going to be coming over to Northern Ireland to do the remap.
I will then obviously be on my own as he'll travel back home again.

Shaun

GazTheHat 18 January 2008 01:00 PM

Don't worry. Andy answers his emails, so if you've got any questions/queries, just drop an email. :thumb:

Turbotits 18 January 2008 01:05 PM

Had mine done two or three times by Andy. Great guy, You wont have a problem

D-an-W 18 January 2008 08:29 PM

I can only echo what the others have already said, top bloke who really knows his craft.

55 Plate car, 22000 miles, no problems at all (Increased MPG actually, motorway driving etc), took 2 hours and I finished up with 312bhp / 304lbft (WRX).

dunx 18 January 2008 08:38 PM

If possible get a "stealer" to hook-up his black-box and check the car over, before digging in....
1. Mine had a gearbox neutral switch problem found on the day it was mapped. :(
2. Mark T just had his done and he found that his boost solenoid was "dead", so had to abort the session.... :cry:

So get a clean bill of health before hand and things may go alot easier...

HTH

DunxC

P.S. Andy F. PM'ed me back today ! :luxhello:

RBGUS 18 January 2008 08:57 PM

You'll have no worries with andys mapping,he will get your car running sweet and pulling like a train:D

As already said email him and he will reply:thumb:

DIPSY 18 January 2008 08:57 PM

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Me and every body on Sidc Scottish Scoobies recomend Andy Forrest for a remap

GROWLER_GRRRR 19 January 2008 06:25 AM

a forrest remap

Mr forrest mapped my car 2001 bugeye 85k mile and it goes realy well .:notworthy

im realy impressed with the mapping ill be back for some more realy soon .

ID RECOMMEND Andy forrest also A+ :thumb:

911 19 January 2008 07:43 AM

Being mapped by Andy is a very interesting event.
Cool, calm and collected comes to mind.

Make sure your car is ready for it just as you would for a good drive.

It will be agreat car after mapping and will stay that way as long as your car works.

Worth every last penny.

Scotsman 19 January 2008 08:52 AM

Andy has mapped my car twice now (see profile for mods) - car runs like a dream and I'm on 78k miles.

As Gaz said above, make sure you have your usual fuel in (plus make sure it's the best you can get - recommend VPower/99 at least).

Prior to the maps I emailed Andy with my Mod list and he always responds to questions and gave me advice on what mods to make.

andythejock01wrx 19 January 2008 10:55 AM

Oh yeah, make sure you have enough petrol in the car ! (unlike me, the last time I visited Andy :lol1: :o ).

fpan 18 March 2008 11:19 PM

D-an-W, GROWLER_GRRRR, Scotsman, Gaz et al,

I would appreciate if you could also let me know how many miles each of you have done since the remap (not only at what mileage the car was mapped).
I am seriously thinking of calling Andy over to Sweden to map my car.

Cheers :)

Welloilbeefhooked 18 March 2008 11:24 PM

I had mine mapped by Andy in June 2005 at 45k. Its now done 73k and has had no issues other than the ones I create for myself!!

Andy has mapped cars overseas before I believe.

Wayne.

nick_wrx 19 March 2008 12:26 AM

talking about mapping, is it safe to run around with a full decat and induction kit without a remap? This is on my 02ppp, hope to get it mapped in a few weeks

bushiwarrior 19 March 2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by nick_wrx (Post 7742820)
talking about mapping, is it safe to run around with a full decat and induction kit without a remap? This is on my 02ppp, hope to get it mapped in a few weeks

nope :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

jd5217 19 March 2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7573680)
Plenty!

Not enough :lol1:

Black-Hawk 19 March 2008 10:45 AM

Andy did my 06wrx and a mates classic wrx back to back so we spent about 5hrs with him he's awesome at what he does, he did pick up some issues on both cars before mapping (on mine from a previous botched power upgrade from new) whitch andy sorted before mapping, and on the classic a dodgy lambda sensor and filter position issue, my wrx made close to 370bhp on powerstations RR (so thats more like 380bhp most other RR's) and the classic made close to 310bhp, had both cars mapped twice by Andy and they've had no issues since the maps, TOP GUY:notworthy

nick_wrx 19 March 2008 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by bushiwarrior (Post 7743059)
nope :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Bushiwarrior - have you had a bad experience of doing this, i had a chat with a guy from scooby clinic this morning who told me it should be ok provided i get it mapped soon

fivetide 19 March 2008 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by nick_wrx (Post 7743208)
Bushiwarrior - have you had a bad experience of doing this, i had a chat with a guy from scooby clinic this morning who told me it should be ok provided i get it mapped soon

General advice is - you might be ok. Then again there is a chance you won't and could destroy your engine/turbo.

I didn't want to take the risk so i had the parts put on the day before mapping and kept off boost all the way to Andy's (ok 40 mile down the motorway for me). If you want to try it you can but personally, i wouldn't push the car at all, you risk all sorts of expensive issues.

5t.

dunx 19 March 2008 10:50 AM

Stay out of the boost and no high speed runs you should be safe, (little fun tho' !)....

HTH

DunxC

nick_wrx 19 March 2008 11:46 AM

Thanks guys, havent had the engine check light on yet either so i'll keep a light right foot until that map and hope its all ok.

Cheers. Nick

fpan 19 March 2008 12:15 PM

Let's keep this on topic about how many miles your cars have done since the remap and if you have had any issues or not.
Thanks.
:)

dunx 19 March 2008 02:13 PM

1st. point NOT Andy.F's work so a little off thread ! SORRY !

O.K. I've done 6.5K and I've started getting surge issues (?) car doesn't like 4-5 krpm in the higher gears, don't think it's ecu as I'm not getting a CEL !

So MD321H and headers are my way of solving this, but not sure when !

DunxC

GazTheHat 19 March 2008 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 7742625)
D-an-W, GROWLER_GRRRR, Scotsman, Gaz et al,

I would appreciate if you could also let me know how many miles each of you have done since the remap (not only at what mileage the car was mapped).
I am seriously thinking of calling Andy over to Sweden to map my car.

Cheers :)

I'm on 34k now. I don't do many miles.

I'm sure Andy would go to sweden. Remeber he only flies first class, expects a lovely blonde masseur after the mapping is complete. :D

GazTheHat 19 March 2008 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by jd5217 (Post 7743070)
Not enough :lol1:

Cheeky! But at least mine spools before i turn grey. ;)