ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Apexi PFC Wideband and Injector questions (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/660461-apexi-pfc-wideband-and-injector-questions.html)

Austrian Impreza 16 January 2008 11:25 AM

Apexi PFC Wideband and Injector questions

How important is it to tell the Power FC the informations about the injectors?
I do not know all the needed informations of my injectors, as they are Subaru stock parts out of a Forester STI and should be 550cc injectors.

The second question is what do I need to hook up a wideband sensor to the Power FC?
Is a full LM-1 widebandkit needed or just a wideband sensor?

Many thanks for your help!
Greets

Markus

AL99 16 January 2008 01:11 PM

LC-1 Integration into Apex Power FC w/Dataloggit Logger:: Innovate Motorsports Application Notes

:)

Austrian Impreza 16 January 2008 02:07 PM

Thanks for the link, I already know this but I´m unsure if I can use the o2 sensor without the full LM-1 converter, so just to attach the wires of the wideband sensor with the Power FC...or is the controlunit needed to convert the signal for the Power FC?

AL99 16 January 2008 02:25 PM

ah i see, you need the "LC-1" kit - this gives you two programmable analog outputs that change with AFR. the LM1 is just for recording afr values (from the LC1). I have the LC-1 kit on mine, very easy to use and setup.
hope that helps.

Mocom Racing 16 January 2008 06:44 PM

Innovate LC-1 is for permanent fitment whereas the LM-1 is portable and includes internal logging, both have 2 analogue outputs which you could use 1 to supply the datalogit box assuming that's what you have.

Welloilbeefhooked 16 January 2008 09:59 PM

Just to add, your PFC will only use a narrowband signal, not wideband.

I have an LC-1 fitted with the sensor in the OE location. The first output is a programmable simulated narrowband signal. The second is the wideband output.

The first goes to the PFC for closed loop control and the second runs to a dash mounted gauge and my datalogit.

Hope this helps.

Wayne.

Austrian Impreza 17 January 2008 06:56 AM

Great informations, thanks guys!

So only the injectorquestion is actual! ;)

Slowboy Racing 17 January 2008 08:19 AM

Marcus,

Its important to have the fuelling set up correctly, who ever is mapping the car can address this for you. If you have changed the injectors for larger or smaller the map needs to be looked at.

Mocom Racing 17 January 2008 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Austrian Impreza (Post 7566849)
I do not know all the needed informations of my injectors, as they are Subaru stock parts out of a Forester STI and should be 550cc injectors.

Mmmmm, I haven't seen injectors this large in a FSTi - do you know exactly what model they are from?

Austrian Impreza 17 January 2008 11:51 AM

I have been told, they are from a Forester STI jap spec...

So the injectorinformations do not need to be set?

Welloilbeefhooked 17 January 2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Austrian Impreza (Post 7570400)
I have been told, they are from a Forester STI jap spec...

So the injectorinformations do not need to be set?

The PFC is expecting 440cc injectors, so any other size needs to be entered.

IE 440cc = 100%

550cc = 440/550 x 100 = 80%

Does this help?

Wayne.

Austrian Impreza 18 January 2008 09:46 AM

There have to be serveral informations told to the Apexi.

There Apexi PowerFC FAQ is written that I have to know the following:

Current injector size
Current injector latency
New injector Size
New injector Lag time

.... :(

Austrian Impreza 25 January 2008 07:40 AM

Does anybody know about this?!

Adam K 25 January 2008 09:28 AM

As long as your AFR is ok everything is ok, but if you have, as *Un-ink* wrote, changed the size since latest mapping, then you need to remap, and in the meantime, should change the percentage as above./Check AFR. (And not floor it....)

Scott.T@PolarPerformance 25 January 2008 08:42 PM

Usual misconseption that the STI's run 550cc. IIRC they are actually nearer 500cc-510cc depending who you talk to. Not that 10cc makes much difference :D:D

As mentioned above drop the injector % down. Don't worry about the lag times etc...
If mapped with a wideband it should then work out fine.