ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   like hitting a brick wall. (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/659677-like-hitting-a-brick-wall.html)

yungjamie 13 January 2008 02:46 PM

like hitting a brick wall.

Hi gents,
My scoob 95m wrx. car has been standing for a while. Took it out today and all through the gears if I accelerated hard, it suddenly cut back, like hitting a brick wall, but engine still running, is it overboosting, or a sensor down. I have seen a thread like it in the past but forget what the solution was.
Thanks in advance.

CDF Racing 13 January 2008 02:52 PM

Yes fuel cut ...... makes you think WTF doesn't it ! :)

20withascooby 13 January 2008 04:57 PM

fuel cut due to over boost i belive

yungjamie 14 January 2008 01:07 PM

What can I do to make the car not overboost and yeah it is WTF is happening. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Jamie

yungjamie 14 January 2008 01:19 PM

Forgot to mention the car is bog standard, just put the original exhaust back on. No aftermarket dump valves. Would checking the fault codes throw anything up on the overboost?

Jamie

The rookie 15 January 2008 11:51 AM

Probably not, its almost certainly a plumbing issue, like the pipe off the actuator or compressor housing, a split pipe etc etc, maybe the BCS is stuck open after having stood for a while (easy check, pull the BCS to intake pipe hose off and block the pipe and hole, should be down to actuator boost of about 5psi.

Simon

sidman 15 January 2008 01:24 PM

Will this damage the car in any way when the fuel cut kicks in?

New_scooby_04 15 January 2008 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by sidman (Post 7563902)
Will this damage the car in any way when the fuel cut kicks in?

No, not unless you get it routinely! It's not particularly subtle, but it's purpose is to prevent damage to the engine! :)

help2003 15 January 2008 04:11 PM

Had the same on my old classic, check your oil, as mine had alittle to much in and the oil vebor was getting into the boost solenoid, just drained alittle oil out and got some electrical spray and spread it down my boost pipes that lead to it and the solenoid its self

lalemmakate 15 January 2008 10:52 PM

orite mate just read your thread ands its made me panic a bit.ive only had my baby wagon 2weeks and dont no much about them but it comes on boost realy hard just before 3000rpm and when it gets to about 6000 it comes of and even makes the front of the car dip a little.does this mean its over boosting.thankx

The rookie 16 January 2008 01:22 PM

Overboost fuel cut feels like someone has turned off the ignition for 1/4 second and turned it bcak on, and feels really bad....yours sounds more like the normal TD04 boost tailoff at the top end...

Simon

New_scooby_04 16 January 2008 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by lalemmakate (Post 7566109)
orite mate just read your thread ands its made me panic a bit.ive only had my baby wagon 2weeks and dont no much about them but it comes on boost realy hard just before 3000rpm and when it gets to about 6000 it comes of and even makes the front of the car dip a little.does this mean its over boosting.thankx

As Rookie says, the TD04 has given all it's got by that point mate, you should change up by then for optimum performance. However, I thought the 95wrx had a TD05?

Ns04

lalemmakate 16 January 2008 08:37 PM

nice 1 ive been worrying about it allday ill sleep beter tonite.thankx