ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   World Trade Centre (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/659577-world-trade-centre.html)

Ms Gooner 1 12 January 2008 11:07 PM

World Trade Centre

I know that probably people will have pretty mixed views regarding this film - however, this is the first film I have seen regarding the tradegy that struck that day - and I've got to say...... what a good film - truely humbling.

I'm sure I wont be alone in admitting that I shed a few tears there watching that, and I beleive it is based on two true life persons - number 18 and 19 out of 20 rescued alive!

Puts life back into perspective! Godbless

Cocker 13 January 2008 08:26 AM

agreed - saw this film last night and thought it was very good

Ms Gooner 1 13 January 2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cocker (Post 7556730)
agreed - saw this film last night and thought it was very good

LOL - you've got sky as well :thumb:
I can remember exactly what I was doing when this happened (as everyone can), and a few days after remember saying to someone that some sick screw-up would make a film out of it. Like I say, its the first film I've watched on it and still the scences of horror give me goose bumps! :( However, I think the film was in very good taste and it wasn't overdone with heroics etc - it seemed to be a very "real to life" account.

Jaybird-UK 13 January 2008 09:55 AM

Been there many times, friend of mine is a NY Fire chief and was there within a couple of hours of the event helping yet I dont have any desire to see the film.

(my friend told me some pretty gruesome tales :( )

Ms Gooner 1 13 January 2008 10:13 AM

I don't think anybody - apart from those who were there that day and lived to tell the tale - could ever understand or begin to comtemplate the true horrors of that day!
I just felt that this was one film that didn't try to make a mass blockbuster - it was a simple account of two brave police officers, of many thousands who got trapped!

arizona 13 January 2008 11:48 AM

I find this film offensive & should not been shown:mad:
Once again the great US of A at it's worst:freak3:

Ms Gooner 1 13 January 2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by arizona (Post 7557072)
I find this film offensive & should not been shown:mad:
Once again the great US of A at it's worst:freak3:

Just curious - but have you seen it and why do you find it offensive?

johnny_sti 13 January 2008 12:38 PM

i watched it twice when it first came out quite a few months back, it was a good film, it was a tribute to those who lost their lives n was dedicated to their family..

bugeyeandy 13 January 2008 01:55 PM

Arizona - it doesn't pay to forget what has gone before :(

I saw the film a while ago and thought it was well made and sensitive to the people involved. The best documentary of events on that terrible day was this one in my opinion.

9/11

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

bibo_boy 14 January 2008 07:30 AM

I totally agree... it was a fitting tribute to the families and all the emergency services.... I also think this was made with the support of a lot of the people effected.....

I actually thought it was actually a modest film and didn't glorify or promote the U.S. as the saviours of the world..... (well it was a Stone film)

A great film.

SirFozzalot 14 January 2008 10:13 AM

I enjoyed it. Very moving.

Still seems very odd looking at pictures of the NY skyline with the absence of the twin towers. :(

I personally think that to try and forget about 9/11 like it didn't happen is more of an insult to those that lost their lives on that tragic day.