ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Best Horror Films (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/658357-best-horror-films.html)

Lee247 07 January 2008 11:58 PM

Best Horror Films

I have just really enjoyed "Dawn of the Dead" again :rolleyes:

What are your personal favourites, I could do with some more to enjoy, but there is a load of pap out there. Preferences is the way to go.

I love the Saw series and Alien vs Predator 2 looks good, any others worth a glance :)

Turbohot 08 January 2008 12:10 AM

I don't watch horror any more. With passing years, my heart has gone weaker. I bought Black Christmas DVD for my daughter this Christmas. I had to sit and watch it with kids as our film watching seasonal family session. Although it was pretty cr@p, I was nearly sh!tting myself, thinking that the weirdo is gonna get me in my loft bedroom! :cry: So, I had to doss in our living room with the hall light on that night :(
However, I think Jurassic Park was quite horrifying when the nasty dinosaur comes up on the glass panel. I did put my sleeves up for that! :cool:

Lee247 08 January 2008 12:11 AM

Swati :luxhello:

FriarTook 08 January 2008 12:13 AM

Bambi did it for me .... the way his Mummy was killed in cold blood just left me cold .... no Horror Movie quite had the same effect although I was well into my 20's when I went to see it with Mummy and Daddy :D

Turbohot 08 January 2008 12:15 AM

Lesley :luxhello: You brave girl; watching horror phillums! :notworthy: :D

Lee247 08 January 2008 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by FriarTook (Post 7540123)
Bambi did it for me .... the way his Mummy was killed in cold blood just left me cold .... no Horror Movie quite had the same effect although I was well into my 20's when I went to see it with Mummy and Daddy :D

Shut your face :lol1:

I want some blood and guts to watch

Turbohot 08 January 2008 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by FriarTook (Post 7540123)

HAHAHA! :lol1:

New_scooby_04 08 January 2008 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 7540082)
I have just really enjoyed "Dawn of the Dead" again :rolleyes:

What are your personal favourites, I could do with some more to enjoy, but there is a load of pap out there. Preferences is the way to go.

I love the Saw series and Alien vs Predator 2 looks good, any others worth a glance :)

Here's one.....if you have the balls......er, metaphorically speaking! ;) :D

p u l s e

Only the japanese one though; the USA re-make was poor by comparison.

OzzyWRX 08 January 2008 03:34 AM

Arachophobia was the scariest film I've ever seen.:eek:

kbsub 08 January 2008 06:02 AM

The Descent was the scariest I've seen in recent time's , Have it on Blu Ray and the sound track is awesome :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 08 January 2008 07:50 AM

the hostel films were bloody ace i thought. simple storyline, but the way it developed with everyone was excellent.

saw series is my favourtie by far. some serious brain power went into those contraptions.:eek:

corradoboy 08 January 2008 09:13 AM

I'm with kbsub, The Descent is a superb film. I hope Neil Marshall revisits the story one day, but as he only seems to put one film out every 3 years or so it may be some time.

davyboy 08 January 2008 09:17 AM

28 weeks later sh1t me up a few times and had me looking away from the screen.

Paddi70 08 January 2008 09:23 AM

J horror movies are pretty damn good. They work well on keeping you waiting for something to happen, then OOps. think I weed myself kind of thing happen.

DCI Gene Hunt 08 January 2008 09:42 AM

I still like the original Omen and Jaws is always scary to me http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ies/Sharky.gif

D1CCY 08 January 2008 11:25 AM

John Carpenter's "The Thing" does it for me, terrific suspense.

shep ppp 08 January 2008 11:38 AM

The original alien film 1979 top film :thumb:

spireite 08 January 2008 11:44 AM

watership down scared the fcuk out of me .:)

myblackwrx 08 January 2008 11:56 AM

The Host
Ring (jap only)
Death Note
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (most memorable bit is the girl being slapped onto the meathook)
Any of the Vipco movies (just for their over the top style)

New_scooby_04 08 January 2008 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by spireite (Post 7540731)
watership down scared the fcuk out of me .:)

Hazel......you've been feeling tired lately, haven't you? :D

EddScott 08 January 2008 12:19 PM

The Thing is by far the best for its day and that its still gruesome by todays standards.

As much as I love the Aliens franchise, its sequels and spin offs have diluted the fear factor.

I particularly like the 28 days/weeks (and I believe months) trilogy. They don't rush the plot too much and you get a good feeling of immersion.

f1_fan 08 January 2008 10:11 PM

Recentish viewings:

OK here goes:

Good

28 Weeks Later
Broken
The Descent
Hard Candy
Hostel
The Hole
Near Dark
Saw 1 -3
The Grudge
The Ring
Audition
Wolf Creek
Severance
The Devil's Rejects

Average

Captivity
Final Destination 1-3
The Hamiltons
The Hills Have Eyes
Jeepers Creepers
2001 Maniacs
Them
The Grudge 2
The House Of 1000 Corpses

Bad

Black Christmas
Gone
The Hills Have Eyes 2
Jeepers Creepers 2
Urban Legends 1- 3
The House On The Hill
Dead Silence
Pulse

Very Bad :D

Hostel 2

Lisawrx 08 January 2008 10:54 PM

I can't remember watching a horror anytime recently, that has frightened me. I don't like gore, not because it frightens me, but I just prefer a film with more story/suspense than blood and guts. Any suggestions welcome. :)

Lee247 08 January 2008 11:01 PM

Christ, I forgot I asked this. Thanks for the suggestions folks :thumb:

Lee247 08 January 2008 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 7540407)
28 weeks later sh1t me up a few times and had me looking away from the screen.

Was it as good as the scene in 28 Days, in the tunnel with a flat tyre. That had me climbing the walls, telling them to hurry up :lol1:

hamyam 08 January 2008 11:03 PM

last house on the left

Lee247 08 January 2008 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by D1CCY (Post 7540682)

That has to be one of the vilest films ever. :shudder: Not like me, except for the Rack scene in Saw 111, to actually turn away at some points. But I did. I think the (dare I mention the creature) dog changing was truly horrible.

ronjeramy 08 January 2008 11:11 PM

if you want a fooked up film, try and stomach the full uncut version of cannibal holocaust, the remake of Halloween is quite good also for a mainstream film. PM me if you fancy anything in particular, i have a collection ;)
August underground, its pretty fooked up if you can stomach it also? but i wouldn't recommend it!

Lee247 08 January 2008 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 7543277)
if you want a fooked up film, try and stomach the full uncut version of cannibal holocaust, the remake of Halloween is quite good also for a mainstream film. PM me if you fancy anything in particular, i have a collection ;)
August underground, its pretty fooked up if you can stomach it also? but i wouldn't recommend it!

I'd give the Cannibal one a miss, thanks :D

Oh btw, What did the Cannibal do after he dumped his Girlfriend???

Wiped his butt :D

Gear Head 09 January 2008 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by D1CCY (Post 7540682)

Another vote for 'The Thing'. Watched it last night would you believe. And did I get any sleep?.........