ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   Upgrading brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/658343-upgrading-brakes.html)

wrchammy 07 January 2008 10:52 PM

Upgrading brakes

hi guys just wondering if any of us could help me, was thinking about upgrading the brakes on my 1997, 2000 awd scooby, does any one now any good brakes systems to go for and where i could get some, not wanting to spend alot of money but thinking i probley will have to thanks hammy

71/200 07 January 2008 11:01 PM

Have a look at the Group buy section for the K-sports.

OLLIeRB5 07 January 2008 11:06 PM

i`ve ap racing 6 pots on mine and i always near put myself thru the window with em.

only thing is then do need a wee touch of warmth otherwise its parachute deployment time to stop.

wrchammy 07 January 2008 11:08 PM

if you dont mind me askin ollie were they deer and where can these be bought thanks hammy

OLLIeRB5 07 January 2008 11:21 PM

mine came on the car when i bought it.

but there was a reciept for £1300 from godspeed brakes for the full 335mm conversion.

yes.. i near **** the bed when i seen that reciept :P

bushiwarrior 08 January 2008 12:02 AM

K-sports:thumb:

mr.sheen 08 January 2008 01:17 AM

new age sti brembo calipers and discs will bolt straight onto your car. the only problem being you limited to certain wheels which will have clearance for them. ive got them on my 98 impreza and the brakes are unbelievable.:thumb:

71/200 08 January 2008 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mr.sheen (Post 7540215)
new age sti brembo calipers and discs will bolt straight onto your car. the only problem being you limited to certain wheels which will have clearance for them. ive got them on my 98 impreza and the brakes are unbelievable.:thumb:

Not 100% fact there mate, some of the newer STI,s have a different PCD so the calipers will fit but not the discs! He will need a PCD of 5X100 for his model year not 5x114.

davey21wagon 09 January 2008 01:33 AM

i think the brembo s fit behind the wheels u have on the car mate i can find out if u want they ll look the dog s swingers to...........:norty:

mr.sheen 09 January 2008 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 71/200 (Post 7540676)
Not 100% fact there mate, some of the newer STI,s have a different PCD so the calipers will fit but not the discs! He will need a PCD of 5X100 for his model year not 5x114.

cheers matey :thumb: completely slipped me, forgot about the later ones having 5x114.3, could have caused problems there :)

RB5 Boyo 09 January 2008 11:13 PM

Hi there, im going for the godspeed 335mm kit in a few months. It can be got from this fella below:

Godspeed Motorsport Home Page

He sold me a set of recon'd 4 pot calipers a while back which were brilliant value for money, and the 335 kit he offers uses these 4 pot calipers with spacers/bigger discs and bells etc, so no point in upgrading the calipers if i dont have to. :norty: :norty:

Heard a lot of good reports about this kit, if ur not wanting a mad track setup i think they would suit u well....only thing is u will need a set of 4 pot calipers as well!!:confused:

scubbay 10 January 2008 10:38 AM

I have a new 4 pot kit with Red stuff pads and drilled/grooved discs if your interested. I will have a set of AP 6 pots very soon for sale also

71/200 11 January 2008 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by RB5 Boyo (Post 7546438)
Hi there, im going for the godspeed 335mm kit in a few months. It can be got from this fella below:

Godspeed Motorsport Home Page

He sold me a set of recon'd 4 pot calipers a while back which were brilliant value for money, and the 335 kit he offers uses these 4 pot calipers with spacers/bigger discs and bells etc, so no point in upgrading the calipers if i dont have to. :norty: :norty:

Heard a lot of good reports about this kit, if ur not wanting a mad track setup i think they would suit u well....only thing is u will need a set of 4 pot calipers as well!!:confused:

Ive been doing a bit of research into brakes, looked at depth into the godspeed kit, after a few chats with people that had them they seem a good kit but they all said they take a long time to Warm up! They have now gone over to the Ksport 8pot 330mm kit which is slightly more expensive by around 200quid but look what you get! One guy has claimed that they work better than his AP set up he had on a previous car. But each to their own product just a thought to look at!