ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   new sti v old sti v new evo v old evo (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/658075-new-sti-v-old-sti-v-new-evo-v-old-evo.html)

bushiwarrior 06 January 2008 09:12 PM

new sti v old sti v new evo v old evo

very interesting viewing thoughts plz.

YouTube - New&Old Imp&EVO Battle at TSUKUBA

geoffo 06 January 2008 09:52 PM

i have to agree with whats said on the vid :lol1:

being serious tho - talking to mates in the car trade and they all say the same thing - the new scoobs gonna rock fullstop.

love it or hate it - its the subaru thats the quicker car and i think the evo looks like a vr4...

mitsi men are loyal to whats thought to be of a better breed but if the truth be told the scoob (often the cheaper) will always come to the top time after time.

subaru.

ps -watch the use of the handbrake in a few corners - D1 nutters!

petedotuk 07 January 2008 07:11 AM

cant believe hpw far the old sti pulls in front on the straights.

that evo x sucks:razz:

mr.sheen 07 January 2008 08:56 AM

good result for subaru :) im a big fan of the new car nomatter what people say about it and think it will be a big success. but we,ll see what result it will get on top gear around their track as i think they are biased towards the evo. its funny every time the impreza and evo are put up together on top gear the evo always wins :wonder: although im also a massive fan of top gear :thumb:

petedotuk 07 January 2008 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mr.sheen (Post 7537419)
good result for subaru :) im a big fan of the new car nomatter what people say about it and think it will be a big success. but we,ll see what result it will get on top gear around their track as i think they are biased towards the evo. its funny every time the impreza and evo are put up together on top gear the evo always wins :wonder: although im also a massive fan of top gear :thumb:

Luv top gear and most car shows in general but I have noticed that everytime the put the Impreza against the Evo it always a standard STI against a 300 r 320 so of course the Evo will win.

The programme Auto trader on discovery even tried to compare a WRX against a 320! where is the justice

burt2000 08 January 2008 10:13 AM

true its never a fair comparison, it should be a 276bhp gsr against the sti, put an RB320 against and FQ320 if they are gonna be fair....

either way that new sti is very impressive on that track and smokes everything lol, would love a test drive in one, havent seen any here yet though.

petedotuk 08 January 2008 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by burt2000 (Post 7540512)
either way that new sti is very impressive on that track and smokes everything lol, would love a test drive in one, havent seen any here yet though.

they will be available for a hammerin(test drive) at the start of march from any good subaru dealer(not available in belfast then)