ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Here's one for the know it alls..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/657793-heres-one-for-the-know-it-alls.html)

RON 05 January 2008 05:07 PM

Here's one for the know it alls.....

Right, long ish story...
A friend bought a car, which has been modded, it's a my00 classic, but with a TDO5, it had equal length headers, and a full decat sytem, k&n ind kit... and the obligitory remap.....

The issue is this, the car didn't have the Subaru 'rumble'...

So the first step was to swap the equal length headers for no equal tubular ones, i think they are GT spec gen11.....

The car still didnt rumble as we thought it would, on thursday, they swapped the system for a 3inch with sportscat downpipe, which has improved things slightly, but there is still very little rumble, now this may sound crazy, but she loves the rumble, and cannot live without it....:cuckoo:

So my next plan is to refit cast headers, along with probably and H&S up-pipe.... as per whats on my car, which does rumble, can anyone come up with any other reasons why it's not rumbling, or ways to make it rumble, do you think it'll rumble with cast headers..??? cos the last thing i want to do is fit them, and it still not work...

Any ideas..??

Thanks.

HOOPS78 05 January 2008 05:39 PM

yup just put the std ones back on you will get that rumble back i had to do the same not right with out it :)

RON 05 January 2008 11:16 PM

Thanks... any other opinions.... not that i dis-believe you, i just wanna be sure..!!!

scoobyDAZZA 06 January 2008 11:11 PM

Ron

when i had my gt specs fitted the car did lose alot of the burble
that was with an H+S down-pipe and system

i have since changed the system to a blitz and now a revolution , it has come back a bit , more noticeable with the blitz tbh but it was just deafening

with the H+S system it was raspy :(

RON 06 January 2008 11:24 PM

Thanks Daz, i've now found a set of stanard headers and up-pipe, and i'm gonna fit the whole lot as is, so it costs very little, she's spent enough and got no-where at the moment..... i won;t charge her though........
Cheres mate...

Might see ya sometime mate!!!!

scoobyDAZZA 06 January 2008 11:58 PM

:)

get the oe ones ported and wrapped ;)

Welloilbeefhooked 07 January 2008 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyDAZZA (Post 7537219)
:)

get the oe ones ported and wrapped ;)

What he says!!

Jay m A 07 January 2008 09:38 AM

Ron, the OE cast ones are THE most unequal length ones you can get, hence the off beat burble. The aftermarket ones are still unequal - as in 2 of the pipes are shorter BUT they are not as unequal as the OE ones. So the aftermarket unequal still lose some of that sound. In fact it makes the car quieter IMO, which is the line I sold to the wife when getting my GruppeS :lol1:

The Rig 07 January 2008 12:35 PM

so, the standard headers and an aftermarket up pipe/decat still retain the rumble ?

jonny gav 07 January 2008 01:01 PM

the car may need a remap when you fit standard headers back on!

Jay m A 07 January 2008 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 7537844)
so, the standard headers and an aftermarket up pipe/decat still retain the rumble ?

Oh yes, decat just ups the volume!

New_scooby_04 07 January 2008 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 7537256)
What he says!!

3rd that! :)

scoobyDAZZA 07 January 2008 03:27 PM

i firstededed it ;)

RON 07 January 2008 04:42 PM

I've already investigated that option...

Thanks for the clarification guys...!!!