ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   LG 42LT75 LCD TV (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/657512-lg-42lt75-lcd-tv.html)

TURBOTRONICS 04 January 2008 11:27 AM

LG 42LT75 LCD TV

I was just wondering if any one has recently bought one and what do you think of it
I bought 1 about 2 weeks ago and had to take it back after a week with a fault on it
The shop changed it for a new one and the same problem happened again with the second one 24 hours later

jaytc2003 04 January 2008 11:49 AM

pslewis has issues with an lg dont know the model though. His was a dead pixel

TURBOTRONICS 04 January 2008 11:57 AM

The tv is the one with a 160g hard drive and twin tuners so you can record one channel and still watch sumert ells but if you record a bbc channel then all the other channels suddenly had low signal but if you stopped recording they would cone back on

Graz 04 January 2008 01:10 PM

LG stuff is generally of low quality as it's all built in the cheapest sweat shops they can find. Save up a bit more and go for something decent.

I also vaguely remember hearing that another member on here called PSLewis had an issue with a stuck or dead pixel. Don't know what happened about that though :wonder:

:lol1:

chocolate_o_brian 04 January 2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Graz (Post 7530444)
LG stuff is generally of low quality as it's all built in the cheapest sweat shops they can find. Save up a bit more and go for something decent.

I also vaguely remember hearing that another member on here called PSLewis had an issue with a stuck or dead pixel. Don't know what happened about that though :wonder:

:lol1:

oh great, i heard samsung and lg use the same screens for lcd tvs.

i guess i should have listened to everything down the pub, i guess i should believe everything i read in the papers, and i guess i should believe everything i read and hear on scoobynet:lol1: :Whatever_

TURBOTRONICS 04 January 2008 01:29 PM

Well after the second one went I took it back to currys who where very helpful
I decided not to take a third LG TV home so they knocked a further £100 of a 46 inch sharp tv that was already £200 less in the sale model number LC46X20E which I am very happy with

chocolate_o_brian 04 January 2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by TURBOTRONICS (Post 7530484)
Well after the second one went I took it back to currys who where very helpful
I decided not to take a third LG TV home so they knocked a further £100 of a 46 inch sharp tv that was already £200 less in the sale model number LC46X20E which I am very happy with

ah, not just me then who was actually happy with their service:wonder:

when i went through on boxing day looking for a deal, i managed to get £100 off the tv (£500 instead of £600 - samsung 23" lcd), a tv stand for £100 instead of just over £200, and another £30 off a surround sound system. oh and the obligatory free hdmi scart leads:lol1:

was pretty happy.

[Davey] 04 January 2008 01:38 PM

I think they should have kept their old name 'Lucky Goldstar' :D

TURBOTRONICS 04 January 2008 01:42 PM

I think a lot of it is down to the store and the staff this was the wigan one by the way
But when I rang the currys help line they where less than helpful they even told me that I couldn’t record one channel and watch another one when I had been doing for a week think twits

TURBOTRONICS 04 January 2008 01:42 PM

I think a lot of it is down to the store and the staff this was the wigan one by the way
But when I rang the currys help line they where less than helpful they even told me that I couldn’t record one channel and watch another one when I had been doing for a week think twits

Dracoro 04 January 2008 02:21 PM

Careful when comparing other makes. LG make the screen for most other manufacturers.

chocolate_o_brian 04 January 2008 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dracoro (Post 7530581)
Careful when comparing other makes. LG make the screen for most other manufacturers.

ah fair enough, wasnt aware of that davey:thumb:

[Davey] 04 January 2008 02:41 PM

I was under the impression Samsung are one of the only Plasma screen producers?

ChefDude 04 January 2008 03:08 PM

my LG lcd tv is faultless and a great picture :)

chocolate_o_brian 04 January 2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by [Davey] (Post 7530619)
I was under the impression Samsung are one of the only Plasma screen producers?

erm... hope not:lol1:

this is what ive got b.t.w.

http://www.currys.co.uk/images/538556_01_huge.jpg

Dracoro 04 January 2008 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 7530589)
ah fair enough, wasnt aware of that davey:thumb:

davey?????

T5OLF 04 January 2008 07:06 PM

The top five LCD panel manufacturers in order are S-LCD Samsung/Sony (joint project), LG Philips, AUO, CMO and Sharp. There's a lot of sharing of panels in between apart from Sharp who only use their own panels and some under license from AUO and CMO. Buy any other make of LCD TV and you can be pretty sure that most of the time the panel comes from one of these five.