ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Do you think my clutch is on its way out? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/657501-do-you-think-my-clutch-is-on-its-way-out.html)

ollyit 04 January 2008 10:40 AM

Do you think my clutch is on its way out?

Morning,

Having a gentle plod to work as normal, (9miles) after warming up and reading normal operating temp on the motorway way, 5th doing around 70ish mph at reading 3k on the rev counter, overtaking the revs jumped up to nearly 3800 instantly then dropped down to 3200 then climbing progressivly but no way near like it normally does, does this sound like all the tell tale signs of a clutch on its way out:wonder: , anything to do with the weather?, perhaps im just being stupid -

Car is 1999 Green Uk Turbo wagon, 102k - original clutch from what I can see in the history, pretty much standard apart from centre and rear exhast sections,

Thanks in advance guys,

ollyit 04 January 2008 04:23 PM

anyone else had this kind of thing?

roscop 04 January 2008 10:34 PM

sounds like the problem I had. It will slip in 4th & 5th at peak boost and will start to get worse.my clutch is getting replaced soon,it,s slipping 2nd-5th now

slipstream_uk 04 January 2008 11:19 PM

its your clutch mate, mines doing the same. started with 5th now all the gears. budget around £300 for a clutch kit from API Engines
while your doing the clutch consider doing the flywheel as well. I think its £50 skimmed or £150 lightened. Then around £200 to £300 to fit the bugger

weeebell 05 January 2008 10:21 PM

Yes its your clutch and chances are the flywheel will be cracked and need replacing too, especially if its the original.
I was £600 all in for a replacement clutch and skimmed flywheel 2 weeks after my car was remapped to 320bhp............then it also went after 7 weeks. Got another one fitted for nowt under guartantee and its been 5 weeks now.............. just a matter of time.:eek:

scoobyschef 05 January 2008 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by weeebell (Post 7534279)
Yes its your clutch and chances are the flywheel will be cracked and need replacing too, especially if its the original.
I was £600 all in for a replacement clutch and skimmed flywheel 2 weeks after my car was remapped to 320bhp............then it also went after 7 weeks. Got another one fitted for nowt under guartantee and its been 5 weeks now.............. just a matter of time.:eek:

what clutch did you get as im same position as you

jim

ollyit 06 January 2008 12:16 PM

some sound advice there guys thanks best get budgeting, I fully understand the concept of getting some uprated whilst the jobs being down, will I get something "uprated" from api for around £300?

ollyit 07 January 2008 11:32 AM

How bizarre it hasnt done it this morning?! - I'm going to treat it very carefully and see how she lasts :) gives me time to save for the inevitatble - thanks chaps

Big_Dan531 07 January 2008 01:10 PM

u can get a exeddy uprated clutch and lightened flywheel for 373 on just clutches on ebay