ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Where can I buy an Autoglym Squeegy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/65654-where-can-i-buy-an-autoglym-squeegy.html)

Nigel H 17 January 2002 08:39 AM

Autoglym do this big squeegy which can be used to quickly remove water from the car before applying the chamois.

I use an old wiper blade at the mo, but I saw a valeter using one the other week and this looks the bizzo.

Halfords don't sell them, anybody know where I can find one?

(Details of it are on Autoglym very flash, but very slow website www.autoglym.co.uk. This also puports to give details of stockists, but the site didn't work for this link)

TA

Nigel

GaryC 17 January 2002 08:46 AM

Californian Water Blade - see Mark Underwood... a.k.a. Wizard of Wax

JoeyDeacon 17 January 2002 10:03 AM

Not being funny but isn't the Autoglym one half the price of the wax wizard one??

Doogsy 17 January 2002 11:09 AM

Costco do one :)
Needless to say price is good
Haven't been in for a while so don't know if they still stock it

tezza 17 January 2002 11:13 AM

Reason you can not get one from Halfords is because they pulled them due to a copyright/patent issue, so they said. If you try some smaller car shops you should still get them, as they either 1/ did not return them 2/ Got them somewhere else 3/ Told them to get lost.

Sometimes trivial information does help!!

Terry

Scoobychick 17 January 2002 11:17 AM

I found them for sale on this uk site £17.95 + VAT http://www.cas-am.co.uk/parts.htm :)

Sal.

JoeyDeacon 17 January 2002 11:22 AM

I was tempted to get one a while ago but was worried about it causing scratches. Can somebody explain to me how this thing doesn't scratch the paintwork?

GaryC 17 January 2002 04:20 PM

Its made of a neoprene resin(sp?) - can't scratch.

They are brilliant, so time saving.

And I am pretty sure the WoW one was cheaper than the Autoglym when I got mine!! ;)

fast bloke 17 January 2002 04:40 PM

what about neoprene and a bit of grit? - Suppose they same theory can be applied to a chamois

Nigel H 17 January 2002 05:13 PM

Tezza,

They're still listed on the Autoglym website as a product they sell. Were Halfords worried, or was it Autoglym?

18 quid does seem a bit steep, so I'll see if I can get one elsewhere (WoW now off line so not sure where to go). If not then I'd pay 18 quid 'cos it looks worth the cash to me.

Big Lee 17 January 2002 05:39 PM

I got mine for a tenner :D
As long as the car has been washed first, as opposed to wiping rainwater off, & you give the blade a quick wipe with a cloth after every squeege(?) theres less chance of grit getting on it as a chammy. Especially if you`re clumsy like me & drop the bloody thing onto the drive every 5th wipe :rolleyes:

albob 17 January 2002 08:02 PM

nigel,
12 quid on this site
www.speeding.co.uk
chrs alan

Cola 1 17 January 2002 08:25 PM

Carnosseir do them. There's one in Beford methinks, but they're all over. :)

tezza 17 January 2002 09:01 PM

Nigel H

Halford said Autogym having prob due to mentioned copyright issue. Halfords will stock again when allowed as they stock all other product range.

Just relaying what I was told by Halfords manager.

£18?? got mine local car place £12

Terry

logiclee 17 January 2002 09:11 PM

Any Autoglym stockist should be able to get them.

Make sure after every stroke you wipe the blade, I have scratched the car using one of these. Could have done it with grit on the leather as well I suppose.

My mind is not 100% made up on these yet!!

Lee

bob gray 18 January 2002 04:01 PM

got mine at autosport best £10 ive ever spent.....brilliant

phill .m. 18 January 2002 04:58 PM

Tupperware do a great wiper for about 10 squid. They say it's for cleaning the shower, but what would they know? :D

Doogsy 18 January 2002 11:38 PM

Sure it was well under a tenner at Costco
Doug

Boost II 19 January 2002 10:56 AM

I also got the Autoglym version from www.speeding.co.uk. £12 inc. delivery and it came v. quickly.

They also sell a Scooby greeting card which you can record a voice message on to when its opened :)

[Edited by Boost II - 1/19/2002 10:57:54 AM]

RB170 21 January 2002 02:16 PM

I bought from from Car Spares in Cheshunt on Friday for £11. If you want me to get you one, let me know he had 8 left.

Mike