ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   My car got rear ended - now what do I do? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/656270-my-car-got-rear-ended-now-what-do-i-do.html)

d_dublya 29 December 2007 12:38 PM

My car got rear ended - now what do I do?

What is the procedure - solicitor, my insurance, her insurance?
Who will do this work - do I bring it back to Donnelly's?

petedotuk 29 December 2007 01:33 PM

Were the police involved?
Did you get their details?

Phone your insurance, give other parties details and police details(if involved)
Wait......

& wait........

You will have to pay your excess first then you will get it reinbursed when your insurance company gets paid.

Thats the way it worked for me last time

c0lin 29 December 2007 01:50 PM

with mine 2wks ago, the other fellas insurance contacted me and arranged for my car to be left to their approved garages and lent me a courtesy car. i told my insurance company so they were aware but it has nothing to do with your own company....the other persons insurance takes care of it if they admit liability

scubbay 29 December 2007 03:50 PM

Crash services will take care of Everything..
Assesor/hire car/personal injuries/legal advice etc etc well recommended

fifty 29 December 2007 08:13 PM

sorry to hear that mate hope you get it sorted and as long as your ok too

bushiwarrior 30 December 2007 12:06 AM

these people deal with all the claims you should let them know MIS Claims

d_dublya 30 December 2007 10:20 AM

Do I really let their insurance company suggest a body shop?
Does it not have to be Subaru approved?

petedotuk 30 December 2007 11:51 AM

When some1 hit my bm I insisted on it going to Bavarian(Issac agnew) it took a bit of persuasion but i got repaired there.

bushiwarrior 30 December 2007 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by d_dublya (Post 7516525)

insurance companies have approved body shops but as said with a little nudge you may be able to suggest one.

OLLIeRB5 30 December 2007 02:45 PM

my nan is with hughes.. they recommended a bodyshop and we said no, and told them where we wanted to go, they just said ok get a quote.

c0lin 31 December 2007 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by d_dublya (Post 7516525)

no you can take it elsewhere but it takes longer to get the car back on the road! They told me i could take it to likes of a subaru dealer but id have to go geta quote and tell them what the quote was first before carrying out the work....

davey21wagon 31 December 2007 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by c0lin (Post 7519578)
no you can take it elsewhere but it takes longer to get the car back on the road! They told me i could take it to likes of a subaru dealer but id have to go geta quote and tell them what the quote was first before carrying out the work....

just suit urself cause it not ur fault, make sure if u get any letters through the door they aren t meant for the solictor like happened to me and i kept binning them :lol1: if will hold the whole thing up a good bit..... lol

wrights did a good job of fixing my first car.