ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Championship Gaming Series (Pro Gaming on Sky) (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/656051-championship-gaming-series-pro-gaming-on-sky.html)

P1Fanatic 28 December 2007 09:00 AM

Championship Gaming Series (Pro Gaming on Sky)

Anyone been watching this? Was mostly interested in CS:S and brought back some memories about playing CS back in the day. Used to play a lot of clan games both online and LAN around the country. I actually trialled for 4 Kings in CS (they qualified a part of UK team) and played a few matches but had to drop out due to working shifts at the time and not being able to commit to regular game time in London. Always makes you wonder "what if".....:)

Simon

DJ Dunk 28 December 2007 09:47 AM

Caught a bit of the CS:S part yesterday with Birmingham Salvo kicking yank ar$e. Really well put together tournament and great to watch on TV.

RB5-Black 28 December 2007 10:46 AM

I used to play PGR2 with Neo Jake :)

got the fright of my life when I seen him on TV

+Doc+ 28 December 2007 10:47 AM

Watched it the other night, was suprised to see ReDeYe making the big time in shoutcasting, although he was a talented SC`er. Had a few arguments in the past with him when arranging SC for good ol` UT.

redxiii 29 December 2007 12:41 AM

'Paddaman' (sp) is a c*ck. :)
great tv.

P1Fanatic 29 December 2007 11:44 AM

I thought he was quite funny - nice to have a character rather than the usual "geeky" perception people have of gamers.

Simon

P1Fanatic 30 December 2007 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 7512538)
Caught a bit of the CS:S part yesterday with Birmingham Salvo kicking yank ar$e. Really well put together tournament and great to watch on TV.

Only saw Salvo vs Chimera at CS:S today and wow what an arse wooping. Esp for a clan only getting together a month or so before the UK qualifiers started. Shame the rest of salvo wasnt up to scratch.

Simon

turbomatt 30 December 2007 11:56 PM

Used to be in the cs clan (SA) Snipers alley, we were no1 spot on clanbase for a while and played (nip) once in a league game but got thrashed :)

P1Fanatic 31 December 2007 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by turbomatt (Post 7518485)
Used to be in the cs clan (SA) Snipers alley, we were no1 spot on clanbase for a while and played (nip) once in a league game but got thrashed :)

OMG - who were you? I did too briefly before they folded and then most of us merged and re-formed UKLA. Im trying to remember everyone now: Scrappy, DaveAngell, Jobbie, Verp, Junks, Pathfinder (who famously wrote off his scooby big time and the pics were on here).

I was Shockwave back in the day btw :) - was never the same after Source came out tho.

Simon