ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   super unleaded in Derry/londonderry? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/655473-super-unleaded-in-derry-londonderry.html)

markymark34 24 December 2007 10:32 AM

super unleaded in Derry/londonderry?

I did i search on google for this and scoobynet came up second in the list! unfortunately it was a post from 2002.

Im having to travel to donegal on boxing day and would like to fill up with decent fuel before going over the border. anyone tell me where?

Thanks Mark

ps happy christmas!

OrangeRA 24 December 2007 10:35 AM

Most stations in Coleraine have Super, you have a choice of BP or Texaco

markymark34 24 December 2007 11:04 AM

thats great cheers

did a search on Free UK fuel prices. 9,761 petrol stations covered - PetrolPrices.com and it found a place in england!

Mark

petedotuk 24 December 2007 11:29 AM

Where abouts in l/derry r u m8? If ur near Muff Im near sure the two stations just as u drive in sell super. If i remember right one is BP and the other Texaco.

should b cheaper 2 if u pay in euros

big-kev 24 December 2007 12:48 PM

M8 if you head to Bridgend and go straight thru the roundabout and head towards Letterkenny , there is a pertol station about 5k up that road on the right , it sells super (inlaws live in buncranna and thats where i get my juice )
Have a good weekend and a merry christmas
Big-kev

big-kev 24 December 2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by petedotuk (Post 7506630)
Where abouts in l/derry r u m8? If ur near Muff Im near sure the two stations just as u drive in sell super. If i remember right one is BP and the other Texaco.

should b cheaper 2 if u pay in euros

they do,nt sell SUL there:cry:

wills 78 24 December 2007 01:13 PM

super supa lol..

:) if its any use to you at all, find urself a sainsbury garage round about i was filling up yesterday with supa for 101 pence acroos rd fea the new ikea outlet jst recently opened up in belfast merry crimbo lads...

bekee 24 December 2007 02:03 PM

if ur goin thru derry theres a good petrol station just accross the border......a big one on the left........might be texaco, not sure..........its up a wee bit of a hill.......good station

Dee NI 24 December 2007 04:50 PM

Coming from Belfast without detouring you have the filing station at the bottom of the Glenshane ( Texaco I think) coming out of Dungiven 500yards on right you have another. Both sell super.

Any of the Derry Donegal stations are no more than 5 minutes out of Derry and it seems some of them sell super. The one out the Buncrana road towards Letterkenny a few miles out (Calaghans) is always a good price compared with the ones closer to the town.
If you get one over the border that sells super please post because it will be cheaper than normal stuff here. Prices here are getting scandalous.

Damien

markymark34 24 December 2007 05:49 PM

thanks to everyone for quick answers! i should have said in my first post om driving from belfast.
I think i know the one going towards letterkenny ill get my SUL there on boxing day.

thanks

Mark

OrangeRA 24 December 2007 07:33 PM

Stay well away from Supermarket fuel and Super from across the border.

Seen too many issues caused by it.

petedotuk 24 December 2007 11:01 PM

switched from sainsburys 2 bp ultimate and the difference is unbeliveable, Lots of pops and bangs when i give it some, the odd flame shootin out the pipe also:thumb:

bekee 25 December 2007 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by petedotuk (Post 7508017)
switched from sainsburys 2 bp ultimate and the difference is unbeliveable, Lots of pops and bangs when i give it some, the odd flame shootin out the pipe also:thumb:

is it bcos its a richer mixture it does that???:wonder: do u think supermarket fuel is watered down like mcdonalds coke???:lol1:

petedotuk 25 December 2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by bekee (Post 7508275)
is it bcos its a richer mixture it does that???:wonder: do u think supermarket fuel is watered down like mcdonalds coke???:lol1:

not too sure to b honest:confused: But i do think BP use additives in their fuel also, r is it esso?:confused: