ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   SMS to a landline number (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/655315-sms-to-a-landline-number.html)

StickyMicky 23 December 2007 10:58 AM

SMS to a landline number

first i have ever heard of this until today, i have the work phone set so you need to dial an outside line to make a call, nobody except me knows about this, and it stopped me getting stupid phone bills from staff ringing people when i was not about.

today i get a call, and pick up to hear a voice from bt saying i had a text message waiting, this confused me as i have never heard it before, but i dont usually work sundays as this new member of staff covers them.

i hung up

it rang back

i hung up

it rang back, ffs i had a listen and it gives me the option of texting the original number back (no idea how yet)

this is obviously the new staff members way of communicating with the outside world at my expense :lol1:

not anymore, switched the usless service off via BT`s automated phone service, "get some bloody credit on ya phone you pikey git" :lol1:

when did this stuff get enabled?

Simon 69 23 December 2007 11:12 AM

I received a text message sent to my house phone (by mistake as 'home' & 'mobile' were next to each other in sender phone book) at least three years ago. Dont you remember a couple of years ago when Tom Baker did the voice for this? Que lots of '...the Darleks are coming to get you' text messages.....

Lisawrx 23 December 2007 11:18 AM

I just got a text on the home phone the other day. Phone kept ringing back until I eventually listened to it, and after all that, I couldn't understand it anyway.

As Simon said,I too think it was probably mistakenly sent to the home phone rather than one of our mobiles.

hrness 23 December 2007 11:31 AM

this has been going for a year now bt started advertising it quite a while ago, think it did not really catch on as you could never understand the automated voice, and as the ad were not very succesfull at doing its job, people like your good self are none the wiser about it. hence it is little used, another rubbish idea from bt. who the f##k wants to listen to a head in a toilet bowl, and if they have my home phone just ring it, i dont give this to people unless i actually wish to speak to them.

gso 23 December 2007 01:27 PM

its great...try texting a load of swear words to your home phone... clever lady reads out all the words including the likes of c*nt :D

lol

PaulC72 23 December 2007 02:36 PM

yeah it is soo funny, earlier this year they had Tom Baker reading the message out ;)

RB5_245 23 December 2007 02:40 PM

I think this is brilliant, huge fun to be had :)

Sonic' 23 December 2007 11:04 PM

been going for at least 2 years :)

gpssti4 23 December 2007 11:24 PM

I use it sometime to wind mates up. Usually after a night out on the pop. Lots of fun to be had thinking of appropriate words to send them. Go on give it a go, you know you want to. :D

jowl 24 December 2007 11:10 AM

It's for the utterly immature childish people who want to send swear words/Darth vader phrases to friends and family after the pubs have shut.

I've had great fun sending all those messages :D

Abdabz 24 December 2007 11:56 AM

When the lads are round and the missus is pottering about in the east wing, we text the landline asking to be brought food, knowing she will answer :)
"This is downstairs, please fetch us pizza and chips, thankyou, hmmmmmm thankyou" etc :lol1: