ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   wrong bugeye seats? help please (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/654915-wrong-bugeye-seats-help-please.html)

neill70 20 December 2007 07:27 PM

wrong bugeye seats? help please

hi, i am due to pick up a 2002 bugeye wrx on saturday and have been looking at others and noticed the seats in the car i am getting look like they are from the gx sport version as they look fairly normal and have a headrest, all the rest i have seen have one piece seats, can anyone confirm what front seats the wrx should have please.
many thanks
neill.

ianc61 20 December 2007 08:25 PM

I have an 01 WRX and it to has the seats like you with headrests and air bags in the sides. They came standard on the early bugeye's I am lead to believe and the one piece seats were an option. Do not rule them out them out though, they are quite comfy.

powerwrx 20 December 2007 08:33 PM

i have a 2001 bugeye too, i believe th uk version which mine is has the standard type bucket seat with the head rests, it the jdm version which has the all in one type

TimWRX01 21 December 2007 08:57 AM

That's correct. The standard ones were the airbag equipped ones with a headrest. The proper bucket seats were an additional option.

cookstar 21 December 2007 09:08 AM

I have a UK bugeye with the bucket type, the only disadvantage is that these are not equiped with airbags like yours. There are plenty of sets going as many WRX owners have upgraded to STI interiors, therefore leaving theirs spare :)

JonMc 21 December 2007 10:06 AM

Also, the seats with headrests are slightly more comfortable for larger people, they are a bit wider. I would happily swap my airbagged ones for bucket versions if anyone is interested. Although I might be glad of the extra width after Christmas.

cookstar 21 December 2007 10:07 AM

Not sure, there may be a simple fix for it but when you do swop them over your airbag light remains lit

JonMc 21 December 2007 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7499637)
Not sure, there may be a simple fix for it but when you do swop them over your airbag light remains lit

In my old cavalier, when you took off the airbag steering wheel, you had to unplug the airbag control unit and put a piece off plastic in one the pins to make it open circuit. I ended up using a bit of a 'Chinese takeaway carton'.

Sure there'll be something similar for these cars. Just need to examine the wiring diagram

neill70 21 December 2007 05:41 PM

thanks for the replies, i just thought the previous owner may have swapped the seats, i think i would like to get some of the bucket type though especially if they have more side support.

JonMc 21 December 2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by neill70 (Post 7500966)
thanks for the replies, i just thought the previous owner may have swapped the seats, i think i would like to get some of the bucket type though especially if they have more side support.

My sister's boyfriend has them in his, they are much more supportive and I find them more comfy.

Steve_PPP 26 December 2007 10:54 PM

I've got the bucket seats in my UK bugeye - would definately recommend them for the twisties :norty:

I had a day a few weeks back when i was in the seat for about 8 hours - i expected them to give me back/butt ache after a while but was very impressed.