ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   PPF7 Wheel Colour (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/654696-ppf7-wheel-colour.html)

Blart 19 December 2007 04:47 PM

PPF7 Wheel Colour

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

The Prodrive website only lists the PPF7s as available in Gold or Bright Flitter.

I don't think the ones on my car are either.

The picture shows what colour they are, can anyone offer any idea of a colour name or paint code?

Attachment 61188

Cheers
Steve

Chelspeed 19 December 2007 05:27 PM

These look like WR1 wheels. The WR1 came with PFF7's in a unique colour which is darker than the bright flitter and has been called pewter or anthracite. Threadhere and here re colour code.

Allan 19 December 2007 08:06 PM

I would say they look more like Bright Flitter. The Wr1 wheels I have seen are are a lighter shade (more Silver looking)

Bright Flitter
http://www.555subaru.co.uk/DSC_1753-1.jpg

MikeWood 20 December 2007 08:49 AM

Steve

We only sell them in the UK in Gold & Bright flitter but they have been made for other markets in Anthracite as well. The reason we only did one colour 9other than the WR1 special spec) was to avert exactly this issue where you're not sure which shade of grey they are!!

Some anthracite wheels have appeared in the UK via dubious sources though so you may have some of these. We don't have a paint code though as the paint system used isn't recreatable outside the factory.

Mike

Tone Loc 20 December 2007 08:53 AM

Is there a paint code for the gold ones Mike or is this the same situation as the bright flitter? My BF ones need a refurb but i want an exact match, be it BF or gold.

Cheers,

Tony.

MikeWood 20 December 2007 10:05 AM

There's no usable paint code for any of the wheels unfortunately. The numbers are specific to the coating system used at the factory and aren't replicatable without the whole process being in place. :(

Mike

ukdave 20 December 2007 10:47 AM

Tried one of my pff7 replicas Grey/anthracite just to see if i liked them grey rather than gold on dbm however car really looked dull with darker wheels so i werent a fan so sprayed it bk gold again-pretty sure though i will check in a bit (if ive still got the aerosol)this were storm grey not sure of car manufacturer type though will confirm later-bear in mind these arent laquered so will go a touch darker after.

f720b1ad.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

d59c8136.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ukdave 20 December 2007 10:58 AM

Right that were a Holts aerosol, Got ARG storm grey 2 stage on it (ARG im assuming is Austin Rover Group) Holts code LBM 148.

Hope that helps should anyone want that colour.

Were gonna do it later but curiosity got the better of me :wonder:

Tone Loc 20 December 2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by MikeWood (Post 7496939)
There's no usable paint code for any of the wheels unfortunately. The numbers are specific to the coating system used at the factory and aren't replicatable without the whole process being in place. :(

Mike

Cheers Mike, guess i'll have to go with the best match i can get :(

Dave, they have come out really well. Never thought or spraying wheels myself... was it difficult to get a good finish. I presume it's all in the prep work.

Tony.

ukdave 23 December 2007 06:42 PM

Not as hard as ya may think,just mist it on to cover the base then on the 2nd coat just put it on more liberally, generally ya just gotta be fast with the can if you dont it`l puddle and run though the more ya can get on keeping it wet without it running the better finish you get-i always spray left to right and with wheels generally do them leaning up against something as the cans spray better in the upright position, though obviously theres parts of the wheel when its not always possible and make sure you start and finish spraying off of the wheel as they sometimes spit.

Didnt try and make a good job to be honest it were just to see if i liked em grey-i could have made alot better job than that turned out and spent longer on it/finished with laquer etc.