ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   CoD 4 (PC) Clan (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/654640-cod-4-pc-clan.html)

BlkKnight 19 December 2007 11:35 AM

CoD 4 (PC) Clan

Ages a go we used to run a successful 1942 clan.

We are now starting up a casual CoD4 clan if anyone's interested:

LANSE CoD 4 "clan"

fitzscoob 19 December 2007 12:50 PM

How does the game compare with Battlefield 1942 and CS source etc?

my pc is still boxed up at the moment :( waiting for new flat to sort itself out so that I can unpack the bugger again.

BlkKnight 19 December 2007 01:50 PM

It's a lot more stealthy / sneaky than CS:S. Plenty of "where the f*ck did that come from" moments.

Quite a steep learning curve RE Maps & player positioning.

Similar gameplay to 1942 but without the tanks & planes.

Excellent Unlock able weapons & perks (like 2142 but without the painful slow progress) which lead to a high level of player customisation.

Brilliant graphics.

Runs OK on lower spec machines.

fitzscoob 20 December 2007 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 7495042)
It's a lot more stealthy / sneaky than CS:S. Plenty of "where the f*ck did that come from" moments.

Excellent Unlock able weapons & perks (like 2142 but without the painful slow progress) which lead to a high level of player customisation.

Brilliant graphics.

Thanks for that, only a few minor things to sort out now like, somewhere to live, a tv to run the pc through, oh and buying a sofa or two! By the time all thats sorted it will be time for CoD 9 :(

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, but if I am honest, there was never anything as good as the first online game for me. C&C Red Alert, running through dos mode on dialup!

Hours of fun!

P1Fanatic 21 December 2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 7495042)

Brilliant graphics.

2142 slow - what do you mean. Ive racked up 225hrs in the last couple of months and I havent made Brig Gen yet lol :) A lot of it is down to me not sticking to the objectives for a badge/ribbon etc and trying to kill as many peeps as poss.

Am loving the gunships in Titan mode at the mo though.

Personally I want to get Brig Gen then complete Crysis which Santa is bringing. If I get CoD4 now I wont complete any of them flicking between them all.

Simon

dwsmokey 21 December 2007 08:27 PM

I am game on a COD 4 clan for sure, let me know xfire dwsmokey

scoobyverysoon 21 December 2007 10:51 PM

COD4 is just far to easy to rank up - most people get rank 55 within 1 day of playing

It also messes you up as my BF2142 is suffering because of it - the playing style is so diffrent :brickwall