ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Gears Of War 2 for 2008 ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/654461-gears-of-war-2-for-2008-a.html)

StickyMicky 18 December 2007 10:34 AM

Gears Of War 2 for 2008 ?

Feature: The secret Xbox 360 games - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

xmas 2008 possible!

Iain Young 18 December 2007 10:41 AM

Hope it's better than the first one....

StickyMicky 18 December 2007 10:52 AM

lol

bob269 18 December 2007 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 7492298)
Hope it's better than the first one....

And longer....

A'K 18 December 2007 11:53 AM

oh cool :) been thinking when Gear of war 2 would land, can wait for it :)

still loving GOW 1 multiplayer though :)

Bravo2zero_sps 18 December 2007 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 7492324)
And longer....

I got mine last Christmas and still on Act 1, I don't want it any longer thanks!

StickyMicky 18 December 2007 12:14 PM

:lol:

StickyMicky 18 December 2007 12:35 PM

pre order now :eek:

Amazon.com: Gears of War 2: Video Games

Bravo2zero_sps 18 December 2007 12:37 PM

Micky you about tomorrow night at all? As far as I know the Mrs is away tomorrow night which means I will be playing 360 all night and could really do with some help on GOW if you are up for some co-op play?

messiah 18 December 2007 01:00 PM

It was leaked shortly after the first came out that it was intended to be a trilogy.

Another hoping for it to be longer - and for them to spend more than 10 minutes on the MP side...

StickyMicky 18 December 2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 7492576)
Micky you about tomorrow night at all? As far as I know the Mrs is away tomorrow night which means I will be playing 360 all night and could really do with some help on GOW if you are up for some co-op play?

chances are, i will be on, i do think i have a "special dinner" to eat with the "ball and chain" later on, but should be free in the early evening, send me an invite if i`m on :)

wah 18 December 2007 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 7492576)

I should also be on mate I have added you to my friends list !!!

Si

Bravo2zero_sps 18 December 2007 02:13 PM

Cheers fellas :D I think I may have to visit the supermarket on the way home for pizza and beer and then sit and veg in front of the telly with the 360 all night - which I haven't done since I got my first one over a year ago :cool:

AllanB 19 December 2007 07:50 AM

I can find out for sure as my mate heads up the Xbox division and Gears was one of his games after being poached from Eidos after tomb raider.

Personally I think its the best online game I've ever played by far with only Call Of Duty giving it a run.

If you ever fancy a game of gears let me know.

AllanB

StickyMicky 19 December 2007 12:30 PM

add me tyo xbl

Sticky Owens

i to think its one of the best games i have ever played, its pretty glitchy and buggy at times, and i dont think i`m anything better then "average" in multiplayer, but i do love it sooooo much

took me a long time to get into the multiplayer side as i found i was getting wasted A.S.A.P lol

Bravo2zero_sps 19 December 2007 01:07 PM

OK well i'm going to be on tonight for some GOW if anyone wants to help me out although been reading a walk through which makes it seem very easy lol

Just want to get past that monster thing at the end of Act 1 and then i'll be happy and up for some online battles :D

StickyMicky 19 December 2007 02:02 PM

what time you getting on ?

Bravo2zero_sps 19 December 2007 02:19 PM

Get home about 6ish after i've been to the supermarket for pizza, beer and munchies for the night :D so have that and be on for about 7.

wah 19 December 2007 04:59 PM

I'll be on around 20:30 21:00ish ;)

Si

StickyMicky 19 December 2007 05:54 PM

god dam, "she who thinks she must be obeyed" is cooking the food now and it should be ready for around 7pm, looks like i`m sitting this one out :(

normal service should be resumed tomorrow :lol:

Bravo2zero_sps 19 December 2007 08:06 PM

Woo hoo I got that monster thing on my own lol :luxhello:

Bravo2zero_sps 19 December 2007 11:37 PM

Thanks for your help Micky, more than doubled what I had managed in the last year :lol1:

Wah sorry didn't get a game with you, started a game with Micky just as you messaged me. Will have to try multiplayer game one night. I tried on my own and all the games I went into I got wasted immediately.

StickyMicky 20 December 2007 07:05 AM

helping you was FAR easier then helping "doggy" from this BBS :lol:

multiplayer is a different kettle of fish compleatly.

took me months to get into the swing of it to be honest, i have still not got all the MP acheivements (only got around 3000/4000 ranked kills)

Bravo2zero_sps 20 December 2007 09:28 AM

lol I think I managed 2 kills in about 10 games last night. Do the ranked matches put you in games with other players on similar rank as yourself? I didn't do ranked matches as thought i'd get wasted even quicker than I was on the other games.

StickyMicky 20 December 2007 09:45 AM

they are supposed to, but i think the whole "trueskill" ranking system is a load of crap

i have been in countless games with somebody with a sub 100 gamerscore, so its obviously flawed, and usually ends up with the new person getting wasted and then quitting :lol:

best bet is to do some player matches against the wife or something like that and get used to it.

i spent months playing player matches, before i worked out why i was not getting the achievements (ranked only for most of them lol)

Bravo2zero_sps 20 December 2007 09:55 AM

I'd much prefer playing the online games in a team where you used the headset to communicate with other team members and have some sort of strategy or at least cover each other. Last night the opposing team was obviously doing this and looked like a clan and the team I was in was just a free for all with no team play at all.

Can you set up private team games? Could be good with just SN players?

PeteBrant 20 December 2007 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 7496896)
Can you set up private team games?

Of course, you just set the lobby to friends only.

StickyMicky 20 December 2007 11:12 AM

i`m up for some SN tactical games :D

yeah the games when people use headsets properly can be awesome, usually play gridlock warzone and my G/F thinks i`m a geek when i start shouting

"2 PEOPLE AT SNIPE, WHOEVERS AT BOOM WATCH YOUR BACK" :lol:

Bravo2zero_sps 20 December 2007 12:03 PM

lol :D need to get a game sorted then!

messiah 20 December 2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 7497116)
i`m up for some SN tactical games :D

yeah the games when people use headsets properly can be awesome, usually play gridlock warzone and my G/F thinks i`m a geek when i start shouting

"2 PEOPLE AT SNIPE, WHOEVERS AT BOOM WATCH YOUR BACK" :lol:

The worst is when you're the only one left...

"hello? hello? anyone else still alive? Please?...f***!" :D