ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PS3 60gb (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/653930-ps3-60gb.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 15 December 2007 10:19 AM

PS3 60gb

Just found one and reserved it for £379. Comes with 3 games. Now i've reserved it only whilst I find out if its worth it at that price. Is that the going shop price?

As I understand it the 40gb can be had for £279 now so £100 less but doesn't have backward compatability or some of the hardware of the 60gb. The 80gb is coming out but is only going to have software based backward compatability and only support half the PS2 games that the 60gb plays through hardware compatability and probably be more expensive.

Now the alternative is if I don't buy it for me I stick it on ebay and be a profiteering b4stard as they seem to have been going for a big mark up in price.

To be honest I only really want one for GT5 when it comes out (if ever :rolleyes: ) and watching blueray films on so I should probably hold off for further price drops.

Funkii Munkii 15 December 2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 7486135)
Just found one and reserved it for £379. Comes with 3 games. Now i've reserved it only whilst I find out if its worth it at that price. Is that the going shop price?

As I understand it the 40gb can be had for £279 now so £100 less but doesn't have backward compatability or some of the hardware of the 60gb. The 80gb is coming out but is only going to have software based backward compatability and only support half the PS2 games that the 60gb plays through hardware compatability and probably be more expensive.

Now the alternative is if I don't buy it for me I stick it on ebay and be a profiteering b4stard as they seem to have been going for a big mark up in price.

To be honest I only really want one for GT5 when it comes out (if ever :rolleyes: ) and watching blueray films on so I should probably hold off for further price drops.

I have seen stock reappearing all over the place this week for the 60gb, 10 days ago there were 2 pages of 60gb's on e-bay, all going for £400+, today there are 9 pages, I think the arse is about to fall out of the e-bay market, probably be worth waiting 2 weeks and see what's on e-bay, you'll probably get one for £250, alternatively go for the 2 game package for £349, I mean who really wants WWF Smackdown :cuckoo:

A lot of guys on AV forums are buying the £279 40gb and flogging their 60gb on e-bay lol.

Bravo2zero_sps 15 December 2007 10:43 AM

Thanks, just needed a sensible answer to stop me making an impulse purchase ;) I know really I need to wait for Sony to pull their fingers out their ar$e and release GT5 before I go anywhere near a PS3.

RB5-Black 15 December 2007 11:39 AM

wait until it has some games !!!

I'll buy one when the price drops to £99.99 and you get GT5 free ;)

ScooByer Trade 15 December 2007 12:44 PM

Bravo the GT5 Prologue demo, will be downloadable in March next year so will be waiting a long time for that. Alternativly get a Japanese or U.S account ( the accounts are free you only pay for some specific downloads )

Bravo2zero_sps 15 December 2007 02:14 PM

Cheers for the replies. lol Craig that had been exactly my feelings up until this whole 60gb fiasco kicked off with Sony changing the hardware specs etc. Will hold off and wait as GT5 will be the one game I will want, just the same as what happened with PS1 and PS2 for me and getting them purely for the GT games.

Awesomepossum 15 December 2007 04:57 PM

Killzone 2 is looking rather special

Unchartered is also another great game

GT5 will be the cherry on top and show MS what Forza 2 should have been like

Bravo2zero_sps 15 December 2007 05:16 PM

Yeah but Forza 3 will be out by then :D