ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Nintendo DS "modding" cartridge (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/653711-nintendo-ds-modding-cartridge.html)

Mr.Manchester 13 December 2007 11:45 PM

Nintendo DS "modding" cartridge

Ive seen these but whats the deal with them?

We sold my girlfriends DS ages ago but now she fancies another! but i dont want to have to buy all the games again, so whats the deal with these cartridges that contain a memory card?

Mogsi 14 December 2007 08:22 AM

Been discussed a fair bit over the last few weeks, have a search for R4DS or CycloDS..

Although they are rare as rocking horse sh1t at the moment, I'm still waiting for my R4DS that was ordered in November :wonder:

RagingKileak 14 December 2007 11:44 AM

M3 Simply is also an option, its a bit erm, simpler... but they work, cost little and can be had!!!

With some they have software built in, you literally put some roms onto your MicroSD card, plug it into your cartridge and then put it in the DS.

With the M3 you have to have a few files on the root of your MicroSD card but its not a big deal.

Saving in games creates .sav files which you can then back up to move games on/off your memory card.

Typically games are 12mb - 128mb in size, so on a 1gb card you will get avg of 30 games of mixed size.

Regards
Matt

ChefDude 14 December 2007 01:34 PM

Hehe, i have 2 x R4DSv2 in my desk :)

and... 2 more 'dispatched'

yay :D

Geezer 14 December 2007 02:16 PM

R4DS took a week to come, loaded some games up to it last night, works a treat.

I currently have 5 DVDs full of ROMs!!!! My little lad should be kept busy for a while :thumb:

Geezer

ChefDude 14 December 2007 02:38 PM

5! i only have 11gigs worth :(

where did you get the rest?

HPLovecraft 14 December 2007 03:05 PM

Try

[[~~Frozen-Roms~~]] - Roms to DS, NDS, GBA, GB, SNES - News

if u avent already

Geezer 14 December 2007 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by ChefDude (Post 7484399)
5! i only have 11gigs worth :(

where did you get the rest?

One of my esteemed colleagues got them for me, don't knw where he got them from though

Geezer

blubs 15 December 2007 05:34 PM

I'm still waiting for my R4s ordered 28th November. Just got an update today to say very unlikely they will be here before Xmas now.

From whats been said in the mail, there are very few left at all in general circulation.

Does not stop them whipping the money from your account though. It's a purchase of some full games for now, to avoid disappointed kids on Xmas day!

And disappointed Dad!

Mr.Manchester 17 December 2007 02:06 PM

Just ordered one of these from the states.....

DealExtreme: $26.90 TopToy DSTT Card for NDS and NDS Lite with Rumble Pack for NDS Lite (Supports SDHC)

Havnt a clue how to use it but for £13.70 delivered its worth a go, the youtube videos seem simple enough!

DJ Dunk 17 December 2007 02:27 PM

Saw those on HUKD too, looks to do the job nicely.

Mogsi 17 December 2007 02:34 PM

Nice price, funnily enough clickshop.com are offering these for those who still haven't received the R4DS card, £26.99 over here....

http://www.clickshop.com/productinfo.php?pid=627

Mr.Manchester 17 December 2007 02:47 PM

So lads, i take it i can download any games from the "frozen roms" website? it doesnt matter if its in English, USA or Jap?

EDIT: Forget that, frozen roms is the worst ever, you click on a file, its then says the link is at the bottom of the page but theres never any links!

Any other sites to use?

DJ Dunk 17 December 2007 02:58 PM

Yep, the DS is region free. The only problems may be with Wi-Fi enabled games which may have region specific options or Chinese games. I've played, UK, US and Jap games on mine :)

Mr.Manchester 17 December 2007 03:50 PM

Is it just a case of 'drag and drop' putting the games on the card?

Also the one ive bought for the price does it come with a micro SD? doubt it for that price?

DJ Dunk 17 December 2007 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester (Post 7490495)
Is it just a case of 'drag and drop' putting the games on the card?

Yes.

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester (Post 7490495)
Also the one ive bought for the price does it come with a micro SD? doubt it for that price?

Highly unlikely :D Looks like it supports SDHC cards, so under £20 for 4GB :)

Mr.Manchester 17 December 2007 04:05 PM

I was gonna order a MicroSD from play.com for £10

DJ Dunk 17 December 2007 04:20 PM

The smaller 2Gb I guess. Will hold around 60 games.

Mr.Manchester 17 December 2007 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 7490570)
The smaller 2Gb I guess. Will hold around 60 games.

That should be fine :D

just ordered this.....

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...B/Product.html

DJ Dunk 17 December 2007 04:41 PM

Same as mine, that'll do nicely :)

Mr.Manchester 18 December 2007 09:15 PM

Woohoo, just got the last white DS from amazon, should be here on Friday :D

No doubt il be back here soon asking how to get the games on! lol