ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Burnout Paradise demo on PS3/XBL (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/653698-burnout-paradise-demo-on-ps3-xbl.html)

Edcase 13 December 2007 09:56 PM

Burnout Paradise demo on PS3/XBL

Available now. Looks gorgeous, plays like test drive unlimited on cocaine.b :)

spectrum48k 13 December 2007 10:09 PM

Is Alex Ward one of your clients by any chance ?

I so hope they're working on a sequel to BLACK - one of my all time faves on PS2

Edcase 13 December 2007 10:13 PM

Have a look at the demo and see if you can guess the answer to your first question ;)

spectrum48k 14 December 2007 12:32 AM

What, so it's choc full of irritating *but necessary* advertising ? ;)

Whatever next ? Max Headroom style "blip-verts" ?

Bravo2zero_sps 14 December 2007 12:40 AM

Never liked Burn Out games but this one is top eye candy and the crash modelling and replays is amazing. Just wasted an hour or so smashing round the place. Tried to go online with it as I saw Messiah had an open game but it asked for the Crackdown game disc and couldn't be ar$ed with that.

StickyMicky 14 December 2007 08:08 AM

downloaded it, but forgot all about it, will give it a test tonight

Edcase 14 December 2007 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by spectrum48k (Post 7483511)
What, so it's choc full of irritating *but necessary* advertising ? ;)

Whatever next ? Max Headroom style "blip-verts" ?

Judge for yourself...personally I think it would look less realistic without 'em :thumb:

spectrum48k 14 December 2007 09:50 AM

criterion are wonderful

was sad to hear they were bought by EA, from the middleware point of view.

burnout isn't my cup of tea, but you have to still admire it

Edcase 14 December 2007 10:13 AM

I took on some of their staff from the middleware side when they got bought. I think the best thing is the way they totally reinvent the franchise each time when any other developer would just 'iterate'.

That takes balls, and talent.

bob269 14 December 2007 10:27 AM

Play have this for release end of Jan, is this correct or will it be a pre christmas release?

messiah 14 December 2007 10:30 AM

Only had a quick go with Paradise this morning - the full games looks very promising - I thought Revenge was a very good game considering the 360 hadn't been out too long, but this looks great.

B2Z - if you fancy some crackdwon let me know - I'm looking for a co-op partner to do all the missions - even if they are a gooner!! ;) :D

Edcase 14 December 2007 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 7483876)
Play have this for release end of Jan, is this correct or will it be a pre christmas release?

Definitely next year.

Edcase 14 December 2007 03:04 PM

Jan 25th I've just been told.

RB5-Black 14 December 2007 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7483888)
Only had a quick go with Paradise this morning - the full games looks very promising - I thought Revenge was a very good game considering the 360 hadn't been out too long, but this looks great.

B2Z - if you fancy some crackdwon let me know - I'm looking for a co-op partner to do all the missions - even if they are a gooner!! ;) :D

I still need to do the co-op on crackdown :thumb:

will be on a little bit over chrimbo :Whatever_

Bravo2zero_sps 14 December 2007 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7483888)

Definately up for that however I am extremely cr4p (you've seen my driving on Forza 2 :lol1: ) and you only have to see my paltry game score to see I don't achieve much in games :brickwall

If you don't mind that then let me know :thumb:

messiah 14 December 2007 07:21 PM

Well I'm going for all the missions in co-op (is this just killing the gangsters?) so I'm not killing any whilst in solo (been there done that) and just trying to get my stats up / collecting orbs - only doing some killing in a co-op game, but seeing as I'm only 4 / 5 in then I dont mind starting again if it helps someone else get it at the same time - getting the stats up means you can make a direct route to the boss and slaughter him quickly...

Should be on later tonight - I'll send you an invite if you're on, reckon 2 people could kill all 21 in under an hour...

bob269 14 December 2007 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7485205)
Well I'm going for all the missions in co-op (is this just killing the gangsters?) so I'm not killing any whilst in solo (been there done that) and just trying to get my stats up / collecting orbs - only doing some killing in a co-op game, but seeing as I'm only 4 / 5 in then I dont mind starting again if it helps someone else get it at the same time - getting the stats up means you can make a direct route to the boss and slaughter him quickly...

Should be on later tonight - I'll send you an invite if you're on, reckon 2 people could kill all 21 in under an hour...

You can complete the game very quickly, just head straight for the gang bosses and kill them ignoring all the minions ;)

If you're going for achievements then also go for the drive thru hoops while in coop, simply pick up your friends car (provided you're stats are high enough) and throw it thru the hoops

As for burnout, seems good altho i think the free roaming to locate races could get tedious, this is what killed the nfs series imo.

StickyMicky 14 December 2007 11:25 PM

quite liked the burnout demo, i think i will trade in some games when its released

Prasius 15 December 2007 10:38 AM

I'm going to download that right now - I like smashing stuff up; plus it will make a change from the 5 hour CoD4 session I had last night! lol