ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   My new MY08 (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/653507-my-new-my08.html)

Scooby Roo 13 December 2007 03:24 AM

My new MY08

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8/IMG_0646.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8/IMG_0651.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8/IMG_0653.jpg

Contraversal I know but I quite like the look.

My last was a classic so I'm hard to please :D

Comments.

Oh and it's an Aussi Rego hence the small number plate.

Roo

wraggy78 13 December 2007 06:47 AM

The only thing on this car that I even start to like is the scoop..
From the side it lloks like a bmw....
Let us know mate
does it still have the distinctive sound???
what does it go like???
If you could mix it up what parts of the classic would you put on it???
cheers for posting this up.
carl

VTR Bondy 13 December 2007 06:56 AM

It kindo looks like a mustang from the front with that scoop. U picked the best colour :D

chocolate_o_brian 13 December 2007 07:16 AM

sorry fella, unless you change everything about it.... its gash:razz:

sorry:)

Stevesbluewrx 13 December 2007 09:08 AM

I like it mate. Enjoy the new car.

Steve

EOEUMC 13 December 2007 09:22 AM

I think it looks like a cross between a Seat and the Lexus people carrier from the side! Nice car, needs different wheels and something else along the sides. Looks a bit boring imo :thumb:

EddScott 13 December 2007 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Roo (Post 7481215)

Thats probably the best pic I've seen of the WRX yet. Personally I quite like it although I'd rather the blistered arches of the STI.

mtaz 13 December 2007 09:50 AM

IMHO boring :sleep:
looks like a x between seat n bmw 1 series...

like da scoop tho...:D
whats it like on pulling? let us know mate.

Scooby Roo 13 December 2007 09:59 AM

Cheers. I can relate to some of the comments as I was a classic owner in the UK.

As far as changing things I'd say the suspension as it's a bit boaty. There's a fair amount of body roll but it handles better than the classic.

Seats have been built for the Americans, my skinny butt slides around quite alot.

As far as noise, starting it sounds exactly like the classic, in the cabin it's a bit muted but you do get a nice turbo whine the higher up the counter you crawl.

I don't think I'll be modding it just yet [can't afford it after just moving to Aus] but I will bankrupt myself in time.

The UK model doesn't come with the mesh grille at the front [it's an option :cuckoo:] it looks a lot better with the mesh.

Oh and the driving position with reach and rake it's awsome :)

I did test drive the Focus ST [or XR5 turbo over here] torque steered me way round the streets :eek2: otherwise a nice car. Steering a bit heavy though.

Will up date once I've had a good blat [cops over here are mad keen to nick anyone even slightly over the speed limit].

Roo :)

Scooby Roo 13 December 2007 10:01 AM

Oh and performance wise...................muted again.

It's certainly not in ya face like the classic. But its quick [5.9 I think]. It gathers pace like mad and mid range is cracking compared to older models.

I like :D

wwp8 13 December 2007 11:49 AM

not my scene. it reminds me too much of the 1 series.

anyway congrats on a new car!

V4JDMSTi 13 December 2007 12:11 PM

looks better in those pics than in the press release pics. quite like it now i seen those. still not a fan of the rear lights though.

scoobchrissy 13 December 2007 04:54 PM

Sorry but it look's f^^king sh^te :cry:

Steve_PPP 13 December 2007 07:22 PM

nah, it just looks too average to me. i could walk past that in a car park without noticing it :(

j3nks 13 December 2007 07:25 PM

looks like a daewoo!!!!!

ilogikal1 13 December 2007 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 7481259)
sorry fella, unless you change everything about it.... its gash:razz:

sorry:)

That's a bit harsh Andy.... the badges look ok:D

Mikkel 13 December 2007 07:49 PM

Not my cup of tea. Has no soul.

The STI with a rear light replacement (as it looks like a council house at Christmas as standard) may start to float by boat eventually as it is growing on me slowly but surely.

TurboAndy 13 December 2007 08:53 PM

Looks like a mazda 3.

Sorry m8

bioforger 13 December 2007 08:57 PM

:nono:

Should of waited for the STi, that's still pants to look at though.

Condolescences SRoo

Markus 13 December 2007 09:03 PM

The looks of the MY08 have grown on me, looks far better than early official pictures suggested. I must say that from the pictures I do like it. I've only seen a MY08 saloon in the metal and it didn't look too bad, but I think I'd prefer the hatch.

It's certainly moved the game on a whole lot from the classic shape and even a slight advance from the bug, blob, and hawk eye cars. It's obviously not going to be to everyone's taste and I doubt the die hard classic lovers will like it one bit, but then they don't like anything that isn't a classic so that's not too surprising :D

I am tempted by one, but I think I'll wait and see what the new STi is like before making a final decision.

pauld37 13 December 2007 09:06 PM

:thumb: I like it, enjoy

Fred Fredburger 13 December 2007 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 7482875)
nah, it just looks too average to me. i could walk past that in a car park without noticing it :(

probably would have said the same about the Mk1 Impreza....wasn't that what it was all about way back when?

bioforger 13 December 2007 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 7483132)
It's certainly moved the game on a whole lot from the classic shape and even a slight advance from the bug, blob, and hawk eye cars. It's obviously not going to be to everyone's taste and I doubt the die hard classic lovers will like it one bit, but then they don't like anything that isn't a classic so that's not too surprising :D

Not at all, I'm on my 2nd classic and I like the hawkeyes alot, and if had to I would def get one of those next. 08/fugeye is complete poop though.

Fred Fredburger 13 December 2007 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 7483183)
I'm on my 2nd classic

...but still live on the same Council Estate:lol1:

Andy Murdoch 13 December 2007 09:49 PM

Bugeye, Blobeye, Hawkeye:- Turnablindeye?

Subaru have lost it.

bioforger 13 December 2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Fredburger (Post 7483212)
...but still live on the same Council Estate:lol1:

:cuckoo: jog on you joker :hjtwofing I've never lived in a council estate, not that there's anything wrong with that anyway.

F1 CJE UK 14 December 2007 12:21 AM

my mum just got that with a BMW badge.......

monkeydj 14 December 2007 08:22 AM

I think the change in design is partly about making a more competative Rally car, the saloon style of the impreza's does not cut it anymore against the Ford's and the Citroen's. I would not have one at the moment, but then I said that about the Ford Focus when it came out, and 18 months down the line I was buzzing around in one. I am sure the car will evolve, just as the old model Impreza did, but not for me just yet!! :nono:

Jamo 14 December 2007 08:26 AM

looks like a bmw 1 series if you squint. not my cup of tea, but heh ho. I might change my mind when I see one thats had a few choice mods. a wheel change will make a world of difference, you got the best colour though :thumb:

Jamo 14 December 2007 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by scoobchrissy (Post 7482531)
Sorry but it look's f^^king sh^te :cry:

Dont hold back chrissy, tell him what you really think :D :lol1:

Happy christmas mate not seen you for ages! hows the leg?