ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How can anyone ever chose the Impreza over the Evo again?!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/652812-how-can-anyone-ever-chose-the-impreza-over-the-evo-again.html)

rob4620 09 December 2007 09:23 PM

How can anyone ever chose the Impreza over the Evo again?!?

How could anyone ever chose the impreza over the evo again?

http://i19.tinypic.com/6p89i83.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/89lnecw.jpg

The fight just became very 1 sided in my opinion.

Rob.

p1prodrive 09 December 2007 09:36 PM

it will grow on people no doubt, give it time...lol

jiffthejiffmanjaffa 09 December 2007 09:38 PM

Don't get me wrong I am a scooby man. BUT, the new scooby looks like the Focus RS, the EVO looks much better.

Classics or Hawkeyes are the best Imprezas.

andy whitlock 09 December 2007 09:44 PM

:cry: ow god what have they done JUST LOOK AT IT !!!!

JP4 09 December 2007 09:48 PM

Since Ford brought out the Ford Focus RS hasn't it been very successful for them in the world rally? Don't get me wrong, I would still retain my saloon version but am wondering :wonder: if Subaru are following in the footsteps of Ford as well as to market the car towards a bigger market of would be owners?

jiffthejiffmanjaffa 09 December 2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by JP4 (Post 7472298)
Since Ford brought out the Ford Focus RS hasn't it been very successful for them in the world rally? Don't get me wrong, I would still retain my saloon version but am wondering :wonder: if Subaru are following in the footsteps of Ford as well as to market the car towards a bigger market of would be owners?

Are you saying you like it??

JP4 09 December 2007 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by jiffthejiffmanjaffa (Post 7472300)
Are you saying you like it??

Nope hence why I said I would still retain my saloon version. To be honest, at times I wish I still had my classis Type R :thumb: Subaru's thinking for a hatch version similar to the Focus RS must be for a reason huh?

Dark Blue Mark 09 December 2007 09:57 PM

Who ever bought an Evo / Impreza for its looks?!

shawn r 09 December 2007 10:33 PM

i agree, but you have to say the evo is the better looking of the 2, althought the sti is a lot better than the wrx

bighead 10 December 2007 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark (Post 7472314)
Who ever bought an Evo / Impreza for its looks?!

I did :).....hello Mark:thumb:

Daishi00 10 December 2007 04:29 AM

Supposedly the STi is almost a second quicker around Tsubuka (god I can't spell that track for ****), so technically it's the faster of the two BUT god it's an ugly vehicle. Mazda Speed 3 is what it looks like to me here in the States. Two of my friends wives said the same thing and they couldn't care less about cars.

It'll sell in the States as the majority of American's have crappy as tastes...everything must be bland LOL.

The rookie 10 December 2007 08:19 AM

For those with short memeories, can I remind you about haow badly recieved the bug eye was when it first came out, bigger, heavier and slower, not as good looking etc etc - all sound very familiar?

The Impreza isn't a bad looking car, its just a very bland looking car! If it does the biz on the road, much will be forgiven I think, and as for the time around Tsubuka, pretty irrelevant as very few evo's will be sold with just 276bhp.......

Simon

Paul3446 10 December 2007 09:10 AM

Yes, and look how quick they removed the bugeye from production, we can only hope the same happens with the new shape car! :(

fivetide 10 December 2007 09:29 AM

That was my thought - Mazda 3. Not to say it is bad looking, it isn't really it just looks like too many other cars out there and doesn't have a distinctive Subaru look which was part of the appeal of the previous cars.

All the WRC cars now are hatches, Ford, Citroen and Skoda. Was going that way when the 206 was winning. WRC needs more manufacturers though. Stobart Ford doesn't count and it is getting a bit daft. Subaru might be better off entering the touring car comps, that's a bit of a diversion there though sorry.

5t.

EddScott 10 December 2007 11:20 AM

Its cheaper than the EVO and in the recent test posted on here and other forums the STI is quicker.

Ha!

tmo 10 December 2007 11:33 AM

think the new scoob is a real
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/videona...dinner_300.jpg

they seem to have lost the plot again !

p1prodrive 10 December 2007 12:11 PM

yes would agree that it is not very kind to the eye unlike the Evo:norty:

but i personaly think that the main reason thay have gone the focus/c4 look is to be competitive in the WRC.

matt

Steve169 10 December 2007 12:13 PM

Its not even a contest, the Evo everytime. Subaru should have released that awful focus/proton lovechild as a new model if they wanted to try and get into that area of the market.

Its not even just an awful car compared to the old version, its an awful car compared to pretty much everything.

The rookie 10 December 2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by p1prodrive (Post 7473202)
but i personaly think that the main reason thay have gone the focus/c4 look is to be competitive in the WRC.

You really think they styled the car just to have a faster car in the WRC (questionable anyway), when the only point of entering the WRC is to sell cars - I don't think so!

Why o why o why can't we have the 4 door they have in the US, its much 'less worse' looking!

Simon

JP4 10 December 2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by The rookie (Post 7473216)
You really think they styled the car just to have a faster car in the WRC (questionable anyway), when the only point of entering the WRC is to sell cars - I don't think so!

Simon

I think p1Prodrive has a point. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you look at the past few years, Subaru is the only manufacturer bar Mitsubushi which has kept the "saloon" form in the WRC (infact is it not true that Mitsubusi do not even compete anymore), whereas the others have gone towards the "hatch" shape.

In addition, I am sure Subaru are also gearing towards making their cars for a wider would be owners as well as making them more economical and environmentally-friendly cars - the new shape seem to be a lot more economical :thumb:

GazTheHat 10 December 2007 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 7473102)
Its cheaper than the EVO and in the recent test posted on here and other forums the STI is quicker.

Ha!

Exactly. The STi is quicker than the new Evo and people are still not happy, without seeing it in the flesh or even giving it a drive. :Whatever_

tmo 10 December 2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7473499)
Exactly. The STi is quicker than the new Evo and people are still not happy, without seeing it in the flesh or even giving it a drive. :Whatever_

They say the camera never lies, and I believe I have seen enough still shots and videos to make my mind up, its ugly !,
Doesn’t matter if it goes like sh!t off a shovel, its still ugly.

GazTheHat 10 December 2007 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by tmo (Post 7473782)
They say the camera never lies, and I believe I have seen enough still shots and videos to make my mind up, its ugly !,
Doesn’t matter if it goes like sh!t off a shovel, its still ugly.

Own a classic by any chance?

tmo 10 December 2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7473794)
Own a classic by any chance?

:)

lol, and your point is ?

GazTheHat 10 December 2007 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by tmo (Post 7473814)
:)

lol, and your point is ?

Dunno, it just seems the classic owners are the ones shouting it's ugly, whereas newage owners are not, because there's are already not as pretty as the old ones.

There, i said it. :)

Function before fashion though :thumb:

tmo 10 December 2007 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7473880)
Dunno, it just seems the classic owners are the ones shouting it's ugly, whereas newage owners are not, because there's are already not as pretty as the old ones.

:thumb:

pete higham 10 December 2007 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7473880)

nope, it is feckin ugly :thumb:

and i own a bug :lol1:

GazTheHat 10 December 2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by pete higham (Post 7474009)
nope, it is feckin ugly :thumb:

and i own a bug :lol1:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

:D

T5NYW 10 December 2007 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7473499)

I agree :D

Tony

dpb 10 December 2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by p1prodrive (Post 7472274)
it will grow on people no doubt, give it time...lol

Indeed they got the front doors and the wheels completley right, ill leave the rest :thumb: