ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Thanks Andy F. & others!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/652635-thanks-andy-f-and-others.html)

D-an-W 08 December 2007 10:23 PM

Thanks Andy F. & others!!!

Had my car ECUTEK mapped by Mr Andy F. on Friday morning and want to thank him for his hospitality and hard work. I would also like to thank Harvey, bartop, silverscoobydan, Mark @ Lateral Performance, Andy @ JP4mance.co.uk and Andy @ scoobyteknix.com for their help and advice (In no order & sorry it sounds a bit like an awards acceptance speech :Whatever_ ).

I am really pleased with the results and the feel of the car now is transformed...
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...p/RoadDyno.jpg

andythejock01wrx 08 December 2007 11:34 PM

Yup Dan, Andy F, "he da man" !

Actually your mods are v similar to mine. I have an 01 WRX with an Andy F Hybrid TD04, mapped by the great man himself. However I have a Prodrive BB and don't have ported headers.

How are you enjoying all that low down power mate ? :)

Andy Mc

stoneface 09 December 2007 12:11 AM

How do the afp td04's pull higher up in the revs compared to the std td04? When does it run out of puff?

andythejock01wrx 09 December 2007 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by stoneface (Post 7470441)
How do the afp td04's pull higher up in the revs compared to the std td04? When does it run out of puff?

Much better than a std TD04. Better punch midrange, much stronger up to the red line. It's a great "wee turbo". :)

D-an-W 09 December 2007 12:55 AM

The first time Andy pressed the Heated Rear Screen Switch during the mapping session was amazing :eek2:

andythejock01wrx 09 December 2007 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by D-an-W (Post 7470496)
The first time Andy pressed the Heated Rear Screen Switch during the mapping session was amazing :eek2:

:norty: ;)

RA Dunk 09 December 2007 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by stoneface (Post 7470441)

dosent andy port his ones?

Butty 09 December 2007 09:16 AM

Road dyno results are normally in wheel output.
Has Andy tweaked the file to display it in flywheel output, or is the result 370/380 hp? :eek:

nick

D-an-W 09 December 2007 09:20 AM

I wish :D

He does some math once he found out what I had on board and how much I weighed and the software calculates the flywheel output. From reading previous posts his results are pretty accurate.

seano 09 December 2007 05:50 PM

Hes the man:notworthy

scottstiukppp 09 December 2007 06:31 PM

Roll on 10am 27th dec.
Cant wait to see for myself the master at work:thumb:

alanjack 22 December 2007 11:36 PM

Keep your eyes on the road or you will crash!! If you have got a laptop look at that.;)

Bob Rawle 23 December 2007 01:05 AM

Those must be flywheel factoring, Andy's TD04 hybrid is good but not that good as to produce those figures as power at the wheels.

best regards

bob

Az Sti Type R 23 December 2007 06:38 AM

:wonder:

D-an-W 23 December 2007 07:53 AM

Yes of course Bob, I didn't spend enough money for that to be a whp figure :freak3:

@Az Sti Type R

The ECUTEK map I have has an "Economy / Sports" mode that is activated by the heated rear screen switch when on full throttle, sorry I was assuming people knew that...

Happy Christmas everybody :thumb:

MaDaSS 23 December 2007 09:52 AM

Economy mode? LOLz0rs, in a bloody Impreza?
Are you mad? Just fill her up and get on with it man! :)

D-an-W 23 December 2007 09:53 AM

I didn't invent it, it just happens like that (Blame ECUTEK!)...:brickwall

Flaps 23 December 2007 10:47 AM

Nice one! Those are the kind of mods I want to do to mine at some point.
What 0-62 time must you be pushing now? If PPP is 4.8 then 4.5 ish?
How much did it effect your insurance?

D-an-W 23 December 2007 11:04 AM

I only have two months left on this years policy so I will let you know the true figure once I renew. At least now though every mod is declared and covered on a like for like replacement basis which originally A-Plan wouldn't do (Even put it in writing for me).

andythejock01wrx 23 December 2007 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 7504594)
Nice one! Those are the kind of mods I want to do to mine at some point.
What 0-62 time must you be pushing now? If PPP is 4.8 then 4.5 ish?
How much did it effect your insurance?

For mine it's 4.6 according to letsTorqueBhp, although whether an inexperienced "launcher" such as myself could achieve that is another matter. Still, let's you compare to mag figures I guess.

My insurance wasn't too dear with all mods declared (though Keith Michaels Brokers), but they insisted on a £500 excess.

Flaps 23 December 2007 01:50 PM

Good stuff!
It's on the cards, just not some time too soon :(

andythejock01wrx 23 December 2007 01:57 PM

:cool:

Andy.F 23 December 2007 02:01 PM

Yes, just to confirm it is a calculated flywheel figure.

It has been shown that it aligns with Dastek rolling roads assuming they have a proper dedicated centrifugal cooling fan for TMIC cars.

Andy

JP4mance Tuning Parts 14 January 2008 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by D-an-W (Post 7470273)
Had my car ECUTEK mapped by Mr Andy F. on Friday morning and want to thank him for his hospitality and hard work. I would also like to thank Harvey, bartop, silverscoobydan, Mark @ Lateral Performance, Andy @ JP4mance.co.uk and Andy @ scoobyteknix.com for their help and advice (In no order & sorry it sounds a bit like an awards acceptance speech :Whatever_ ).

I am really pleased with the results and the feel of the car now is transformed...

:thumb: No probs & thanks for the mention! Excellent results and always good to see the hard work paid off. Send a few pics and spec through to marketing@jp4mance for the gallery and we'll pin it up for you :)

GazTheHat 14 January 2008 05:06 PM

I laughed out loud. :thumb:

I wish i could back and do it all again, map for the first time without knowing what to expect.

All parts fitted, limping it to the Andy's, so not knowing even the exhaust note. Then pressing the magic button. :cool: