ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Meredydd Hughes banned. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/651942-meredydd-hughes-banned.html)

speedking 05 December 2007 01:24 PM

Meredydd Hughes banned.

Police chief banned. Pity really, I hoped his defence would set a precedent. He didn't offer one :eek:

Shark Man 05 December 2007 02:00 PM

He broke the law, and the law won....even if he was the law :wonder:

Unlike that copper in Telford :rolleyes:

alcazar 05 December 2007 04:34 PM

So he's banned? So what? he has a police car, paid for insurance and a police driver whenever he wants one. What's a ban gonna do to HIM?

Alcazar

Luminous 05 December 2007 04:56 PM

one rule for them (even if they try to make it look otherwise) with different rules for us... :(

He should lose his job, the rest of us would if we lost our licenses.

farmer1 05 December 2007 06:34 PM

Am I the only one who thinks he was done rather harshly purely because he is a copper? I think that 3-6 points as is the norm should have done.

ilogikal1 05 December 2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by farmer1 (Post 7462755)
Am I the only one who thinks he was done rather harshly purely because he is a copper? I think that 3-6 points as is the norm should have done.

He already had 6 points for previous speeding offences, IIRC.

Luminous 05 December 2007 06:52 PM

Yeah, it was his second offence. This time he was doing 90mph in a 60mpg single carriageway. He had it coming...

And he won't quit his job either.

ilogikal1 05 December 2007 06:59 PM

He shouldn't be given the chance to quit his job.... speeding kills remember, so he should be locked up:lol1:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...lson_ha_ha.jpg

David Lock 05 December 2007 07:30 PM

The worrying thing is that he was stupid enough to take the chance in the first place......

Perhaps he was too pi$$ed to notice :D

Anyway what do you expect from a chap with a girlie name :rolleyes:

dpb 05 December 2007 07:31 PM

41 days - wot a joke

Luminous 05 December 2007 07:58 PM

If only I lived in South Yorkshire. Every press conference he was at I would be there asking the question if a "convicted potential murderer (speed kills) is suitable to be in his position".

TomCat 05 December 2007 09:28 PM

The A5 near Chirk is a seriously scary bit of road. Its single cariageway but wide enough for 3 cars. When its busy you get a line of cars going each way at about 60, with people taking their lives in their hands going up the middle at 80+.

I don't think a 42 day ban, apparently with no points going on his licence is sufficient deterent.

MattW 05 December 2007 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by TomCat (Post 7463257)
The A5 near Chirk is a seriously scary bit of road. Its single cariageway but wide enough for 3 cars. When its busy you get a line of cars going each way at about 60, with people taking their lives in their hands going up the middle at 80+.

I don't think a 42 day ban, apparently with no points going on his licence is sufficient deterent.

Stupid bit of road I agree, nice crest at the top of the dual (one side) carriageway leading into a wide road. Several laybys as well to add to the hazard. Then 3 miles were overtaking is virtually impossible before you hit dual at Ruabon.

Mind you I used to live on the old A5 before the bypass was built and remember all those caravans in the summer!!

Diesel 05 December 2007 11:17 PM

What an absolute hypocrite; its clear he doesnt believe what he spouts and this completely underlines the BS spoken about speed by those who claim to know best.

I also seriously question his judgement to do 90 on that road - probably an indicated 100mph on the speedo. Most people get done for stuff more like an irrrelevant 56 in a 50 at midnight; this driving God is hammering down very tricky busy roads.

How can the force and the public take such a two faced hypocrite seriously in anything now?

D

NotoriousREV 06 December 2007 08:08 AM

I notice he was driving a Y reg Audi. I kind of expected a police chief to have a better car than that.

And the A5 is scary when there's idiots driving at you head on at 80mph+

Reality 06 December 2007 08:13 AM

Did any of you see his video where he slags off "petrol heads" for believing they can do what they want on the roads.

Yet another example of the rot in the police force.

Here's the VID - what a tosser

David Lock 06 December 2007 09:45 AM

I use my own scientific and accurate way of judging people.

"Would I like to have a pint or two with this guy?"

NO WAY.

=======

DCI Gene Hunt - "YES" :D

dl

Scoobychick 06 December 2007 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 7463990)
I use my own scientific and accurate way of judging people.

NO WAY.

=======

DCI Gene Hunt - "YES" :D

dl

That is a truly outstanding method of judgment and one that I shall endeavour to apply to all those I meet (and those I don't) from now on :notworthy :thumb: :D

David Lock 06 December 2007 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by scoobychick (Post 7464058)
That is a truly outstanding method of judgment and one that I shall endeavour to apply to all those I meet (and those I don't) from now on :notworthy :thumb: :D

Well you won't go far wrong :D

Never had you down as a pint of beer type though...........

dl :)

Leslie 06 December 2007 12:19 PM

Bearing in mind his position and the hypocrisy that he demonstrated, I think he should have been really hammered with the sentence, both a big fine and a long ban.

He will of course be chauffered around at our expense during his ban of course!

Les:(

Reality 06 December 2007 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 7463990)

I prefer to use "Would I piss on this prick if he was on fire"

Definately a NO for this nobber.