ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The REAL story behind joining, buying, running and selling ScoobyNet (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/651578-the-real-story-behind-joining-buying-running-and-selling-scoobynet.html)

ex-webby 03 December 2007 06:53 PM

The REAL story behind joining, buying, running and selling ScoobyNet

Dear All

Having come through an epic journey, and seen (quote from gostbusters) "sh1t that would turn you white!", I've suddenly realised, that I can now talk about a load of things I could never talk about before!

So, partly for the hell of it, I've started writing an eBook called :

It's Only a F*cking Forum!
The REAL story behind joining, buying, running and selling ScoobyNet

-

Some of the things that have gone on behind the scenes you just won't believe, and its proving a hell of a lot of fun writing it :D

All the scandals, all the dirt, but also all the great stuff, and a few personal confessions as well :)

And, as a sneaky peak, I've chopped out the first couple of pages for you.. let me know what you think :

------------------------------

It was 10:30 at night, and my mobile rang. I knew the number, and terrified, thought to myself "this could be the one". Out of breath, the caller spluttered "Hi Simon, I called you as soon as I got this".
"Go on mate".
"Look, I've got to be quick, but a while ago I left our surveilance centre a message to call me if anyone ran a police search on you, and they've just called me."
"eh? A search about what?"
"I dunno mate, but it can't be a good thing considering the circumstances."
"Well, quite. Can you find out who?"
"I have done. Its him... and there's something else." he said, nervously. "it looks like he's put a contract out on you."
"You're f*cking kidding me!? This is getting way out of hand, my f*cking wife's in the house! Hold on". I walked out of my office and leant over the stairwell, "Emma! Just check the door's locked sweetheart, I'll be down in a minute."
I walked back into my office and closed the door quietly behind me. "Right, I want this f*cking sorted, and I mean right now. Its only a f*cking forum for God's sake".
Frustrated with me, he said "Yeah, I KNOW Simon, but like I've been saying, that's who you're dealing with. He's a psycho!".
"OK, here's the deal. I want as much dirt on the b*stard as possible, and I want it in my hands for tomorrow night. I'll deal with it from there."
"OK, I'll do what I can. Look, don't worry, we'll get it sorted"
"OK mate, thanks alot," I mumbled, "I really appreciate this." and hung up, immediately dialing my lawyer.
"John, its Simon, sorry for the late call. I need you to hold on to some documents that I'm going to deliver to you tomorrow night. They need to be sent to the press and posted on ScoobyNet in the event of my death or serious injury until I say otherwise".
When you buy a small but vibrant internet forum, I can assure you, you don't expect it to lead you to the above situation. But, trust me. That is nothing! I've seen and been involved with things and types of people I genuinely didn't know existed in the eight years of running ScoobyNet.
When I tell people some of the stories, without fail, every single one of them, at some point says "Simon, you have GOT to be making this up!".
It really is one hell of a story. A rollercoaster. A drama that has everything; sex, money, greed, ambition, legal battles, extortion, lies and deceit. There have been some fantastic highs - setting the Guinness World Record for driving sideways in a Scooby - and some horrible lows - near bankruptcy through horrible deception, death threats and even divorce!
But you know what.. as you'll see. I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

For the first time ever, I'm going to tell the whole story. If you've been around ScoobyNet for a while, you're in for a real treat as my gloves are finally off! Sure, some people aren't going to be happy, but the way I see it, making a handful of people unhappy is going to make loads of people reading this delighted!! So I'm cool with it, I hope you are!
If you haven't been around for long, trust me, you'll find it even harder to believe what happened, but this is your chance to get caught up!

-------
Let me know what you think and if there was something that went on which you'd want to read the real behind the scenes story of, please PM me, or post here what it is. No need for more information that purely a one liner of what the situation was. If it would make good reading, I'll add it in :)

Simon 69 03 December 2007 06:57 PM

It all looks a bit Hong Kong Phooey, doesnt it? And here we all were, thinking that you were a mild-mannered janitor...

;)

MJW 03 December 2007 06:59 PM

Errrr - just a minute : are you an authorised advertiser ? Isn't plugging your book a contravention of forum rules ? ;)

ex-webby 03 December 2007 06:59 PM

shhh.. nobody's noticed ;)

kingofturds 03 December 2007 06:59 PM

Does it contain sex violence and drugs:luxhello:

ex-webby 03 December 2007 07:02 PM

Not quite.. but two out of three ain't bad! ;)

girl-in-a-scoob 03 December 2007 07:02 PM

:thumb: Simon.

Look forward to seeing more of the story.....

Claire

AndyC_772 03 December 2007 07:03 PM

Sounds like a good read actually - so long as you change the names... remember, everyone you've ever upset probably reads this forum :D

Kieran_Burns 03 December 2007 07:04 PM

Well - i was a Mod on ClubCalibra.net for a while and had my fair share of threats - all over some muppet who didn't understand the word 'slander'

Then there was the.... Oh... can't mention that. ;)

Yeah - anything you tell me I'd believe after only being involved in the periphery of one much less popular site

pimmo2000 03 December 2007 07:05 PM

WOW.. put me down for a copy !!!!

Excellent stuff !!

ex-webby 03 December 2007 07:06 PM

Real names make it more interesting I reckon! :D

But there are a couple of stories where real names will DEFINITELY be changed to protect the innocent.

Tell you what.. I'll add to the above post : If there was something that went on which you'd want to read the real behind the scenes story of, please PM me, or post here what it is. No need for more information that purely a one liner of what the situation was. If it would make good reading, I'll add it in :)

astraboy 03 December 2007 07:07 PM

As you're k'in minted, for a very reasonable fee I'll ghost it for you simon:D;)
astraboy.

Jamie 03 December 2007 07:08 PM

You can pay me later simon ;)

JDM Steve 03 December 2007 07:09 PM

How much is the ebook going to be then ? im intrigued already.

Flatcapdriver 03 December 2007 07:09 PM

I can't believe some psycho would be threatening you over a website, so that'd be a good place to continue.:confused:

kingofturds 03 December 2007 07:11 PM

Wonder if it was NACRO the millionare gangster laying low in the al garve:D

Kieran_Burns 03 December 2007 07:13 PM

I personally think Webbie has only posted this in some pathetic attempt to draw attention away from Hightee :D

Please God don't post pictures of you in a Bikini!!! Think of the Children!!!

mickywrx 03 December 2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Simon 69 (Post 7457167)
It all looks a bit Hong Kong Phooey, doesnt it? And here we all were, thinking that you were a mild-mannered janitor...

;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...kongphooey.jpg

:D

Scandal is good.

sti-04!! 03 December 2007 07:22 PM

Sounds good. :thumb:

Phil 03 December 2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 7457172)
shhh.. nobody's noticed ;)

I am going to Tell !!!!

RYAN where are you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PMSL ;)

Don't forget to mention who I was told you were ;)

LG John 03 December 2007 07:29 PM

Look forward to this; name and shame I say :)

logiclee 03 December 2007 07:30 PM

I'll read it, dish the dirt. :lol1:

I've been a member for over seven years, I've made a few good friends out of scoobynet and had some great days out including the WRC testing day at Prodrive and a few scooby balls.

I've had many questions answered and saved a fair bit of money through advice.

But most of all had many laughs.

So Simon thanks for that, I hope scoobynet continues as it always has and wish Simon the best of luck in whatever you do next.

Cheers
Lee

PaulC72 03 December 2007 07:31 PM

Did someone mention sex....?

Sounds like it could be a good one to read, even the exert had me transfixed.

Looking forward tot he finished article now :)

Good luck Simon.

Paul.

davegtt 03 December 2007 07:32 PM

Infract him :thumb:

Sounds pretty good, hope its all like that, otherwise it could be a book about people just moaning constantly :D

DCI Gene Hunt 03 December 2007 07:34 PM

How does it end... were you bumped off then :D

Nate 03 December 2007 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens

Don't forget to mention who I was told you were ;)

And I know who you mean :thumb:

sarasquares 03 December 2007 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7457279)
How does it end... were you bumped off then :D

your the detective :thumb:

would love to know about all the muppet stuff that went on a while back, could be interesting :o

DCI Gene Hunt 03 December 2007 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 7457303)

I'm guessing he wasn't :Suspiciou

ex-webby 03 December 2007 07:47 PM

Guys..

I've deleted a few posts that were just two people chatting backwards and forwards, and nothing to do with this thread! :)

Please chat in muppets, another thread, or PM.

SwissTony 03 December 2007 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 7457303)

would love to know about all the muppet stuff that went on a while back, could be interesting :o

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)