ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hot Water Powerwash (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/651277-hot-water-powerwash.html)

scrappydoo 02 December 2007 11:10 AM

Hot Water Powerwash

Hi guys,

Im after a HOT WATER powerwash for Christmas but am unsure which to get or where from. Now its going to be used mainly for washing the car aswel as for removing other stubborn things and i want the water pretty hot (burns) but adjustable also so not as to melt my paint lol..

Looked at the Karcher K8 series below:
Simply clean | K8 High pressure cleaners K 855 HS

It looks pretty good and in the detailed info section states it goes upto 80-degrees water temp.

Just wondered if anyone has one of these? Im wondering if i should go industrial though for the adjustabilty as these power washers do cost a pretty penny so dont want to go mad only to find its not very good.

any help would be great..

Thanks

J

DYK 02 December 2007 11:45 AM

yea i had a karcher and it's been in the attic for about three years now..they are pritty good and i used mine all the time at first..its good idea to get one on wheels,because some of em can be quite heavy.i just got fed up of having to keep getting all the hoses out,and trailing them from round the backgarden to the front of the house..i use the one at work now,and it's an industrial one and its great for cleaning.has an adjustable temp guage on it.you still have to run it from a mains electric aswell as having to run it on diesel fuel..it's just more convenient for me to use the one at work to wash me scoob,and the industrial ones are better i found..:thumb:

Snazy 02 December 2007 12:01 PM

I really should get my outside tap installed and the drive sorted so I can do my car as regularly as I would like to.

How much are hot water ones selling for?

Shark Man 02 December 2007 03:30 PM

We have a Karcher one at work. Does the job - combined with some degreaser its suberb at cleaning engine bays.

Its a bit thristy though, ours is a big one and hold about 25litres of diesel, which IIRC is good for about 3hours of work..I could drive to heathrow and back on that :eek:

The only real issue we have is its about 5 yrs old now and seems to be suffereing from the dreaded diesel "bug". As in algae/mould growing in the fuel, thus it keep cloging the small filter thats inside the fuel injector (despite the main filter being ok). Resulting in lots of smoke and not much heat. Its easy enough to strip and clean, just a few spanners, some carb cleaner and blow it out with some compressed air, and its good to go. But It's got to a point that it needs this doing if its ever left to stand for more than a few weeks, so I guess it will need a good flush out and good decomtaminating to get rid of the mould in the tank and fuel lines.

Simon 69 02 December 2007 04:56 PM

Steamers are always a pain in the arse though, arent they?

scrappydoo 03 December 2007 04:55 PM

think i might go for the K8, anyone turn me off the idea? lol

EXSCOOBY 03 December 2007 05:09 PM

sticky micky is your guru on this id say
pm him he knows a LOT about washing cars and seems a nice fella