ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Insuring a STI (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/650533-insuring-a-sti.html)

stevedobuk 28 November 2007 07:02 PM

Insuring a STI

Im currently with greenlight, 23 y/o and i own a fiat coupe 20vt, approximately 280bhp.
I have seen an sti i would like which is 15,000, but they are not willing to insure me on a car worth that much.

But however i could have one upto the value of 12,000 with them and be charged an extra £160 to insure it, does that really make any sense?

also i only have 2 years ncb, coming up to 3 in april, with no claims or convictions ever.

Can anyone reccomend another insurers for me?
thanks
steve

zs_phil 28 November 2007 07:12 PM

how much do you currently pay on your fiat ?
try privilige im with them and they was the cheapest by far saved £500 from my old insurance

stevedobuk 28 November 2007 07:15 PM

i currently pay 900 a year. :/

powerman1 30 November 2007 06:07 PM

I have never heard of any insurance company refusing on a value of the car,they normally go by the group its in and the risk actor(age,security,excess,mods)

magicgreg 03 December 2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by powerman1 (Post 7450530)
I have never heard of any insurance company refusing on a value of the car,they normally go by the group its in and the risk actor(age,security,excess,mods)

I used to be with Greenlight mate and they told me exactly the same thing as I bought MY07 STi at 23 years old a few months ago, therefore I moved to Bell who have been superb so far.

G

Tony@Greenlight 03 December 2007 05:35 PM

Hi Steve/Greg,

Our Underwriters are quite tight upon drivers aged under 25 with Impreza models.

However, if your experience is good (ie. High performance car experience for 12-18m+ & claim free for 3 years) I'd be happy to challenge the Undewriter on a bespoke basis for you.

PM me if you would be interested in my intervention with your case.

Kind regards

Tony

magicgreg 04 December 2007 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight (Post 7456924)
Hi Steve/Greg,

Our Underwriters are quite tight upon drivers aged under 25 with Impreza models.

However, if your experience is good (ie. High performance car experience for 12-18m+ & claim free for 3 years) I'd be happy to challenge the Undewriter on a bespoke basis for you.

PM me if you would be interested in my intervention with your case.

Kind regards

Tony

Interesting.....

My previous car was a 2003 Honda Civic Type R, which was modified to a medium level, all mods declared ;)

Now I wouldn't consider it an STi but its a hot hatch, performance car, I ran that for 2 years with yourselves yet there was absolutely no compromise when the Imprza was mentioned.

Looks like I should have been dealing with you Tony as I wouldn't have left had this option been given to me.

G

Ved 09 December 2007 11:16 PM

Greenlight were fantastic from me. I had them for my MK4 GTI, CTR (ello Greg!) and my MK2 GTI. By far the best quote was by Green Light and that's with a lot of miles per year and business use.

Top guys and provide an individual quote and treat you like an adult.:notworthy

teamheath2 18 December 2007 06:05 PM

I have just been looking to upgrade from MY98 UK Turbo which I have had nearly 1 1/2 years to a MY03 WRX STI with PPP and nobody gave me a sensible quote!!! I am 24, driving 7 yrs with 4 yrs NCB.

I tried Greenlight but they wouldn't quote me!!!!

Needless to say, had to sack the car off..... at least till April when I'm 25:norty: