ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why are people hard up my rear? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/650421-why-are-people-hard-up-my-rear.html)

daves2rs 28 November 2007 11:08 AM

Why are people hard up my rear?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/100_0435.jpg

I have noticed more so that since owning my first Scoob people like to sit 3 feet from my rear bumper when travelling at speed :cuckoo:

Does anyone else have this problem or is there something im not noticing on the back of my car that's drawing attention :Suspiciou

Tidgy 28 November 2007 11:11 AM

does look very sexy, perhaps there chatting it up?

although if you look in the dictionary they are commonly called eejits

Probein 28 November 2007 11:11 AM

I posted a thread a while ago about how other drivers seem to give me so much more respect now I own a scoob. I own an 02 WRX.

I think we came to the conclusion that classic scoobs seem to attract more of that sort of attention than newage scoobies.

I never have anyone tailgate me.. literally never... or even try to race me! Infact the only car so far that's tried to race me off the lights was a Porsche 911, oh and a beat up old peugeot but I think we was just having a laugh.

I wish more people would try to race me. :(

daves2rs 28 November 2007 11:20 AM

I have often thought about a James Bond device like the Auston Martin where he can release some rockets :eek:

Maybe a flamer kit would sort the buggers :norty:

Tidgy 28 November 2007 11:21 AM

the pops and bangs from mine seem to get any that do to back off lol

B0DSKI 28 November 2007 11:27 AM

It's becasue your left mudflaps not on straight ;)

daves2rs 28 November 2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI (Post 7444014)
It's becasue your left mudflaps not on straight ;)

Thats just the picture angle me thinks although the number plate is deffo squint a little :brickwall

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/100_0428.jpg

I spent 30 mins lining those things up :freak3:

Allan 28 November 2007 12:40 PM

They might be looking for the BS AU 145d marking on your plate, which presumably you don't have.

Allan

daves2rs 28 November 2007 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by AllanP (Post 7444163)
They might be looking for the BS AU 145d marking on your plate, which presumably you don't have.

Allan

Is this a legal requirment on number plates now? If so im clearly in the wrong :D

Snazy 28 November 2007 02:28 PM

I get the same prob with an 07 hawkeye, I just pull over and let them pass. Not worth getting stressed over these days.

GazTheHat 28 November 2007 02:46 PM

Happens all the time.

I think you'll find some dabs of the brake pedal make them pull back.

...Or 2ft flames from the exhaust on overrun. ;)

STiFreak 28 November 2007 02:50 PM

I often get Clio's, Corsa's, Saxo's, etc behind me. If I put my foot down a bit, I can always see them in the rear view mirror trying desperately to keep up. I think it is mostly down to admiration for a cool car, so it doesn't bother me.

andythejock01wrx 28 November 2007 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by STiFreak (Post 7444425)
I often get Clio's, Corsa's, Saxo's, etc behind me. If I put my foot down a bit, I can always see them in the rear view mirror trying desperately to keep up. I think it is mostly down to admiration for a cool car, so it doesn't bother me.

I've also had this from std looking (and performing !) Corsas. Guess the you lads just want to see what the car can do !

daves2rs 28 November 2007 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7444417)
Happens all the time.

I think you'll find some dabs of the brake pedal make them pull back.

...Or 2ft flames from the exhaust on overrun. ;)

Gazthehat, those flames are awesome on your profile :eek: :idea:

Snazy 28 November 2007 03:02 PM

Had a Clio up my chuff thru Vauxhall Cross the other night. I gave it beans to get to the next lights, he decided to "chase". Sadly the light changed to red, and he struggled like a mofo to stop!

not silly speeds or anything, but thats the worry, they might be able to sit up your arse, but they can rarely stop!

GC8WRX 28 November 2007 04:10 PM

No one else spotted the double entendre in the title!!!!

GazTheHat 28 November 2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by daves2rs (Post 7444433)
Gazthehat, those flames are awesome on your profile :eek: :idea:

Keeps the corsas at bay. You should see the braking distance anyone following me at night gives themselves. :lol1:

dpb 28 November 2007 04:28 PM

Some times theydo actualy just want to read the marque of the vehicle believe it or not - i know what a scooby looks like now ( since i used to own one) but had to get close enuff to the rear of a scoob with "..T25..." on the plate to see if it was indeed a T25 .

streetbeats 28 November 2007 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 7444605)
No one else spotted the double entendre in the title!!!!

:lol:

Mifo 28 November 2007 05:20 PM

I dont get this much but usually its when people want to race you I thought.
Someone I know has a skyline he has this button that puts the brake lights on! He just presses it if they get too close and they think hes slowing down so they brake .

Allan 28 November 2007 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by daves2rs (Post 7444345)
Is this a legal requirment on number plates now? If so im clearly in the wrong :D

Sure is, and there're starting to clamp down at MOT time. I failed mine last week.

turboDean 28 November 2007 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Probein (Post 7443989)
I posted a thread a while ago about how other drivers seem to give me so much more respect now I own a scoob. I own an 02 WRX.

I think we came to the conclusion that classic scoobs seem to attract more of that sort of attention than newage scoobies.

I wish more people would try to race me. :(

That coz everyone knows newage WRX's r slow a not worth racing :eek: LOL :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: