ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Wozzaa (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/649868-wozzaa.html)

Cornelius 25 November 2007 06:07 PM

Wozzaa

Thanks for the paddock stands etc mate, they will come in VERY handy:thumb:

Only problem now is that you've got me thinking, MotoGP or Street fighter:wonder: decisions, decisions:norty:

Just bought Fast Bikes for some inspiration now!

yellowvanman 25 November 2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 7437075)
Thanks for the paddock stands etc mate, they will come in VERY handy:thumb:

Only problem now is that you've got me thinking, MotoGP or Street fighter:wonder: decisions, decisions:norty:

Just bought Fast Bikes for some inspiration now!

Street fighter, is more comfortable to ride, and 90+% of the time will be quicker in the real world. :thumb:

Cornelius 25 November 2007 06:26 PM

Wozzaa said about putting a 1 up rear sprocket and a 1 down front, but what concerned me is that it would throw the speedo out, though when I took the fairings off, the speedo drive is on the front wheel, so no problem!

I won't be doing any performance mods yet as I want to get some riding experience in first, when I'm 100% comfortable with the bike, then will consider modding.

Booked in for the retest 6th December, though not with Probike, they wanted £275, so called C-View on Canvey and they want £160!

I've taken my bike out and practiced the damn U-Turns in my street, so there should be no excuses this time!

Cornelius 25 November 2007 06:27 PM

Also, when I'm comfortable with the bike, I'll be taking advanced riding lessons like what Andy does over at North Weald

Cornelius 25 November 2007 06:28 PM

must admit, I love the look of the Triumph Speed Triple, so may sway to the street fighter look!

yellowvanman 25 November 2007 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 7437128)
Wozzaa said about putting a 1 up rear sprocket and a 1 down front, but what concerned me is that it would throw the speedo out, though when I took the fairings off, the speedo drive is on the front wheel, so no problem!

I won't be doing any performance mods yet as I want to get some riding experience in first, when I'm 100% comfortable with the bike, then will consider modding.

Booked in for the retest 6th December, though not with Probike, they wanted £275, so called C-View on Canvey and they want £160!

I've taken my bike out and practiced the damn U-Turns in my street, so there should be no excuses this time!

Changing the drive ratio as Wozza suggests is a very cheep way to increase the acceleration, but at the slight expense of top speed, but if you are sitting more up right street fighter style, beleive me you will not want to do much beyond 130 ! :thumb: (Well so i'm told anyway :Suspiciou :D )

A set on renthals will also make it far easier to manouver, especially for thinks like low speed u-turns, etc. :)

Cornelius 25 November 2007 06:45 PM

Wozzaa did say earlier about changing the handle bars;)

Looks like my christmas wish list will be changing:D

ThE RoChFoRd OnE! 25 November 2007 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 7437177)
Looks like my christmas wish list will be changing:D

:norty: :D

kwaka 26 November 2007 11:56 AM

Street fighter all the way, ali pali is in January(I think) where you can get some great bargins including Renthals sprockets for about £20-£25 all so some clip-ons:thumb:

wozzaa 27 November 2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by kwaka (Post 7438857)
Street fighter all the way, ali pali is in January(I think) where you can get some great bargins including Renthals sprockets for about £20-£25 all so some clip-ons:thumb:

Always remember when you change the sprockets always change the chain D.I.D chains are a good choice:thumb:

Cornelius 27 November 2007 08:27 PM

Cheers Wozzaa, will keep that in mind:thumb:

Anyone fancy going to Ali Pali for the bike show?:norty: