ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   can any 1 please help (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/649286-can-any-1-please-help.html)

wrxgreen 22 November 2007 08:02 PM

can any 1 please help

head gasket has gone on the scoob and the cheapest for a head set is 230 pound can any body get a set and does any body know where i can get a cheaper set from :( :( :( andy

Leg@cy 22 November 2007 08:34 PM

Try Andy in Newbridge - Ace motorsport.........

opps misread.... thought you were after heads - not head gaskets.. .lol

Many of the authorised dealers on here can offer good prices...

I've had good contact wit Alyn at ASperformance

:D

lee green impreza 22 November 2007 09:41 PM

nightmare mate, mine went a few weeks ago, in having a reconede engine fitted

wrxgreen 22 November 2007 10:02 PM

yer mine just gone but without all the norm no overheating no lose of power just water going somewhere with no vis leaks :wonder:

lee green impreza 22 November 2007 10:12 PM

mine overheated once! then when trying to bleed the cooloing system it was bubbling up and could smell exhaust fumes !

who is going to do the work for you mate?

drive 23 November 2007 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by lee green impreza (Post 7431053)
mine overheated once! then when trying to bleed the cooloing system it was bubbling up and could smell exhaust fumes !

no idea but my head gaskets where 100 squid on there own

SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO PARTS Complete Head Gasket Set 8/96> 6/98 UK Impreza Turbo : £220.00 : Subaru Impreza Turbo Parts, Tuning, Spares & Accessories : Engine - Air,Oil, Fuel Filters & Gaskets -

or this one

SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO PARTS Complete Head Gasket Set 12/97 on - Eng type EJ205 UK Impreza Turbo : £209.00 : Subaru Impreza Turbo Parts, Tuning, Spares & Accessories : Engine - Air,Oil, Fuel Filters & Gaskets -

with postage £219.00
ORDERING ::

wrxgreen 24 November 2007 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by lee green impreza (Post 7431053)

an import place in cardiff near st mellons theycame to picked the car up yesterday and i shouldknow today if it is the head gaskets or not fingers crossed :freak3:

jamesbWRXRA 24 November 2007 08:16 PM

Fingers crossed mate. I was certain the head gasket had gone on mine a couple of weeks ago was showing all the signs. Steaming off down by the head on the passenger side, Overheating. I pressure tested the car and it turned out to be a 2" rubber hose split just under the aircon pump. About £2.99 to fix:) . Hopefully u will have the same luck and a cheap fix. Believe me i have had a bad year with my car as some on here will know from my posts.

James:thumb:

wrxgreen 24 November 2007 08:59 PM

james you are a goodsend as you i had all the pressure tes done nothing wrong ............? and what it was was 2 very old jubile clips on the pass side with a hose that was split 80 quid worse off but it could have bee 1000`s
:luxhello:

jamesbWRXRA 24 November 2007 09:16 PM

Great news mate its amazing how a little problem like a hose can simulate head gasket failure and people always fear the worse. Glad that it turned out well for you mate.

James:thumb: