ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Another mobile thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/648941-another-mobile-thread.html)

Simon C 20 November 2007 10:37 PM

Another mobile thread

And as seeing as we have some people quite into them I thought I'd ask here.

Ok list of wants is quite large

Decent web browser
Wifi
Bluetooth
Email (would be nice)
large screen
atleast tri band
Preferbly not windows based.
Not a slide so N95 is out.

I've been looking at the new LG (no wifi) and it does look quite nice, iPhone is out as I'm not paying for it.

gpssti4 21 November 2007 06:07 AM

SE P1i?

Snazy 21 November 2007 09:03 AM

Doh I would have said the N95 really fits the bill too. The slide on it is far less irrirating than you would think.
Have you considered an HTC phone? Called different names on different networks, but good phones.

GSMArena.com - GSM reviews, opinions, votes, manuals, ringtones and more... as ever is the place to compare and find the right phone for you.

I might be getting a Viewty to try out this week, just to see what all the hype is about. They are selling for £300 on Ebay so cant be that bad lol.
Not sure I will keep it though.

Simon C 21 November 2007 12:16 PM

Snazy, I've played with a HTC touch and its slow, my plam is quicker. I also have a 6280 now and I hate teh slide and its been repaired twice.

Snazy 21 November 2007 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7426987)
Snazy, I've played with a HTC touch and its slow, my plam is quicker. I also have a 6280 now and I hate teh slide and its been repaired twice.

Simon, just as a heads up, the slide on the 6280 and N95 are nothing alike. The missus has had her 6280 replaced and the slide is knackering out again, as has a mate. But the N95, I abuse the hell out of mine and its still working fine :) I think the mechanism is slightly better as its a dual direction slide.

On a different approach to HTC, I am considering this HTC S710 - Full phone specifications

Operates as a normal phone, works very well by all accounts, and works landscape and has a full qwerty for longer emails.

Simon C 21 November 2007 01:01 PM

Looks like a rehash of the XDA orbit. Would be ok, except it uses windows mobile, and I have to admit I am not a great fan.

Snazy 21 November 2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7427153)
Looks like a rehash of the XDA orbit. Would be ok, except it uses windows mobile, and I have to admit I am not a great fan.

have a look on the review section of that link, tells you more about the phone.
I am torn between win mobiles for sync'ing with the PC and outlook, and the Nokia's with symbian which is great for keeping back ups of the phone etc.

Cant see me keeping the Viewty even if I try it out, so might just get the HTC and be done with it. Got an N95 and a 6300 at the mo, so not having grief with anything at the mo, just fancy a change lol

Simon C 21 November 2007 01:50 PM

I don't use a windows platform, I use Mac's. They have a nice little app built into them, which with the help of Markus on here I have got working on an auto routine (backs up contacts and calender.). Works with my current Nokia a treat.

I know I can get windows based mobiles to do the same thing, but I don't like windows, and that HTC uses win mob 6.

Snazy 21 November 2007 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7427290)
I don't use a windows platform, I use Mac's. They have a nice little app built into them, which with the help of Markus on here I have got working on an auto routine (backs up contacts and calender.). Works with my current Nokia a treat.

I know I can get windows based mobiles to do the same thing, but I don't like windows, and that HTC uses win mob 6.

Aaaah fair play mate :)

STi wanna Subaru 21 November 2007 02:18 PM

SE P1i

gso 21 November 2007 02:41 PM

E65 :cool:

Wurzel 21 November 2007 04:39 PM

N73

Brendan Hughes 21 November 2007 04:47 PM

H42

Ian 21 November 2007 05:23 PM

lg viewty