ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Which coffee....? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/648759-which-coffee.html)

hail-hail 20 November 2007 09:53 AM

Which coffee....?

I am a tea drinker, Twinnings being the best cup I can find, however I need a change. Although I always drink coffee at work, I never drink it at home.

So after a reasonably nice Gold Blend this morning, I need to try some new brands.............any recommendations?

Sonic' 20 November 2007 09:57 AM

Rocket Fuel for that extra kick :)

Dark Side of the Moon is quite nice too

I have several others but cant remember the names of them off the top of my head

HankScorpio 20 November 2007 10:03 AM

Carte Noir
The decaf is as good if you're that way inclined. Not dishwater like the rest.

simonbb1328 20 November 2007 10:06 AM

nothing compares to fresh coffee, try Lili. Sainsburys do some nice ones of there own aswell

Clarebabes 20 November 2007 10:12 AM

Depends if you poison it with sugar and milk. Nice coffee can be ruined with 2 sugars and full fat milk!

HankScorpio 20 November 2007 10:16 AM

My family think I'm weird, instant always has to have milk and half a sugar, anything from grounds has to be black.
Tried the other way round and can't do it.

Some nice real coffee around but for work, instant is fine though.

Tam the bam 20 November 2007 10:17 AM

Did you hear that Zoomer Heather Mills going on about how we should be using Cats or Dogs milk in our coffee :cuckoo: :freak3: Apparently because Cows are destroying our planet due to them farting :lol1: She really has lost the plot, someone ought to take her peg leg and smack her across the teeth with it. :D

hail-hail 20 November 2007 10:24 AM

I just like black coffee with a splash of cold milk, none of this Latte-mocha-chino nonsense.

I have a running battle with the coffee girl at work who insists on calling a Black coffee an 'Americano'

"Large black coffee please"
"Sorry, is that a large Americano"
"No, a large black coffee please"

repeat until bored.........

god I sound like a 50 year old :D

Jamie 20 November 2007 10:29 AM

Dark Side of the Moon ??

where can i get that mr sonic ?

Clarebabes 20 November 2007 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by hail-hail (Post 7423843)
I just like black coffee with a splash of cold milk, none of this Latte-mocha-chino nonsense.

I have a running battle with the coffee girl at work who insists on calling a Black coffee an 'Americano'

PMSL, I've had that conversation on ferry. Stupid! :cuckoo:

The Chief 20 November 2007 10:41 AM

My favorite (dont laugh) is Ikeas own brand of real coffee, i had about 8 cups in their cafe once and ended up buying some.

lovely

simonbb1328 20 November 2007 10:46 AM

i tried that too and its not bad.
Instant = with milk n sugar for me
but proper coffee has to be black

mrtheedge2u2 20 November 2007 10:51 AM

I only drink Hacienda la Esmeralda Geisha coffee...... it is quite nice.

HTH

SJ_Skyline 20 November 2007 11:07 AM

For instant coffee, my favourite is Nescafe Kenjara.

For posh coffee, I have some Costa Rican coffee that one of my cousins bought me back from a trip out there. :D

gam1415 20 November 2007 11:26 AM

For fresh coffee - Jamaican Blue Mountain

Scoobychick 20 November 2007 11:32 AM

For instant I use Alta Rica by Nescafé because it's quite strong or 'bold and intense' as it says in the guff on the label :D

Anyway it's nice and is stronger than Gold Blend which tastes a bit weak to me :thumb:

dpb 20 November 2007 11:46 AM

Sainsburys own brand 'coffee' impregnated wood chips here - for the serial abuser ...

otherwise something free trade and slightly nicer tasting if im feeling rich/guilty :thumb:

AlexJReid 20 November 2007 11:47 AM

Nespresso is the way forward.

Instant != coffee IMHO.

J4CKO 20 November 2007 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 7423824)
Did you hear that Zoomer Heather Mills going on about how we should be using Cats or Dogs milk in our coffee :cuckoo: :freak3: Apparently because Cows are destroying our planet due to them farting :lol1: She really has lost the plot, someone ought to take her peg leg and smack her across the teeth with it. :D

She needs to spend some time with our dog and then make a decision.....

Devildog 20 November 2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by hail-hail (Post 7423843)

lol

I presume you've told her an Americano is an espresso with extra hot water ?

:lol1:

Dave T-S 20 November 2007 01:11 PM

I'm a coffee snob ;) , can't stand instant. Fresh ground LavAzza beans, strong and black for me. Nothing else compares :)

Chris L 20 November 2007 01:16 PM

Hi Dave - you should check out Monmouth Coffee - best coffee beans I've managed to get hold of and their espresso brand is tasting particularly good through my Gaggia coffee machine at the moment :) .

If people want to try something a little different, try white tea (no not the normal stuff with milk, but green tea!)

Dave T-S 20 November 2007 02:41 PM

Chris

Hi M8 :D

I'll give Monmouth a try - I can get to their Borough shop from the office :)

Dragonfly Swirling Mist Organic white tea is good stuff :)

Vampire 20 November 2007 02:44 PM

I've been buying my coffee from Coffee Select for a couple of years now.

My favourite is Kenya Peaberry (just had 2Kg delivered today as it happens), though Mexican Liquid Amber Marogogype and Colombian Supremo are nice too. I tried Jamaican Blue Mountain once and while it's nice I didn't rate it any more highly than a decent Kenyan, especially given the cost.

No need to make it complicated, I just make it in a fairly course grind and brew it in a French press (cafetiere). Lovely.

53 20 November 2007 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by scoobychick (Post 7423968)
For instant I use Alta Rica by Nescafé because it's quite strong or 'bold and intense' as it says in the guff on the label :D

Anyway it's nice and is stronger than Gold Blend which tastes a bit weak to me :thumb:

:thumb: Best by far :thumb:

billythekid 20 November 2007 03:10 PM

The Mrs is into her coffee, we have a machine at home that grinds up the beans and then makes the coffee (gagia). It was not cheap but I must admit it does taste very good and you can try all sorts of settings etc. My fave so far is Monsoon Malabar. We use roast and post.

Sonic' 20 November 2007 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7423850)
Dark Side of the Moon ??

where can i get that mr sonic ?

I think I got it from Tesco's last time I bought some

Kieran_Burns 20 November 2007 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 7423881)
My favorite (dont laugh) is Ikeas own brand of real coffee, i had about 8 cups in their cafe once and ended up buying some.

lovely

While twitching, staring blankly and shouting at anyone wandering past "I'M NOT TENSE!!!" :D :D

hux309 20 November 2007 05:29 PM

Another vote for jamaican blue mountain.

Chip Sengravy 20 November 2007 06:06 PM

Sainasburys coffe bags are very god and convenient, as are the lyons bags, the lyons with just half a cup of water and left to stew make a good shot :thumb: