ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   whats your best and worst purchase on ebay? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/648429-whats-your-best-and-worst-purchase-on-ebay.html)

wwp8 18 November 2007 05:43 PM

whats your best and worst purchase on ebay?

got nothing to do on a typical sunday evening..oh boy do i need to find work..

anyway got browsing on ebay when i thought...

whats your best purchase , whether it be a bargain or a brill item
and your worst item you bought.

mine worst could well be the business opportunities on various things which may have totted up to a grand,
and then there were the 2 pioneer head units, which is still lying around on my bedroom floor.

my best purchase could well be, my kenwood 7200 head unit with the bluetooth thing for a tad over £60

exvaux 18 November 2007 05:52 PM

worst purchase - far too many to choose
best purchase - some diamonds i bought for a christmas gift for mum a couple of years ago,had them made into earrings

wwp8 18 November 2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by exvaux (Post 7419783)
worst purchase - far too many to choose
best purchase - some diamonds i bought for a christmas gift for mum a couple of years ago,had them made into earrings

aren't diamonds a bit of a risk... this is ebay we're talking about

bootsy 18 November 2007 06:36 PM

best buy was a rc car with the wrong price on it got it for a £100 less than it should of been. the seller said he wont let his mum put stuff on ebay any more.i was glad he went with the sale ok.the worst one was i brought a watch from a seller from U.S while i was drunk.i put a . in the wrong place and sent nearly £500 instead of £50:freak3: next morning was a bit of a panic but after contacting the seller i got my money back ok:thumb:

gallois 18 November 2007 07:04 PM

best buy was a triumph thunderbird done 400miles, £2k. worst buy was a long leather jacket as part of a costume for a fancy dress party, wasn't XL was M, wasn't leather was leatherette. £25.

Trucker Ted 18 November 2007 07:41 PM

Best.....brand new air con rad for 1/3 of dealer price .:luxhello:

Worst.....a pair of walkie talkies,why i bought them ,i don't know( totally compulsive purchase):confused:

chocolate_o_brian 19 November 2007 07:27 AM

best purchase... white label of y-traxx - mysteryland (sickboy courtyard remix). bought for £4.99 buy it now. seller has no idea how rare this was. was recently offered £100 for it, turned it down flat.

worst purchase... that bloody red thing parked outside my house with a bonnet scoop on it:D

RB5_245 19 November 2007 07:47 AM

Best purchase - a toy batman gauntlet with various different attachment, which I had sent to my brother. He was entirely confused until a few days later it was followed by a ladies had and shoes, thermocouple and toilet roll holder and he figured out what was going on.

Worst purchase - A set of colourful belly button rings, they sent them to me instead of the name and address I had requested, waste of £2 :D

EddScott 19 November 2007 10:49 AM

Best Purchase - Bulk collection of Transformer toys. Seller tried to rip me off the £300 I paid for them. Threatened him with the law and they arrived. Took out the ones I was collecting and sold the rest for £500 individually.

Worst Purchase - Brakes, Seats, Wheels, Spoiler off a written off P1. Discs and pads on the Alcons were wrecked, Seats were damaged, wheels marked and bald tyres. Spoiler chipped to heck. Cost me £1000. :(

Mind you, I later replaced the top half of my P1 spoiler and sold the top half only to a lad in the US for £240. He also paid the £140 (exactly what FEDEX charged me) to ship it to him!

Clarebabes 19 November 2007 12:06 PM

I've bought some cracking stuff on Ebay before. Like the plates I bought my mum last year from a discontinued line. They were all perfect and less than original price. I tend to look there before buying anywhere else online.

I bought a pair of shoes once which were the best shoes I've ever bought. They were less than a tenner from Hong Kong and when I wore them, everybody thought they were designer and I must have paid hundreds for them. They were brill!

Worst has got to be various shoes I've bought and never worn!

OllyK 19 November 2007 12:30 PM

Best buy - Double Garage door for 99p
Worst buy - nothing really, always managed to re-sell on eBay.

ScoobyDoo555 19 November 2007 03:03 PM

Best buy - a Tamiya Hornet and Manta Ray. Both in need of a bit of a tidy up. Bought both for £60.
Also bought a pair of JBL Control 5 studio monitors for £2 :D worth about £300ish!! :D

Worst buy? Umm... well not really a worst buy, but an Ipod car charger adapter thing that I've never used...

Dan :D

The Chief 19 November 2007 03:54 PM

Best Buy - Cheap Webcam at 9 quid

Worst Buy - Scooby wheels Mcrae's - ended up costing 2 grand:(

cookstar 19 November 2007 03:56 PM

I once bought a bucket full of used graffix, from SaraSquares.

True story :)