ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Saving text messages (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/648128-saving-text-messages.html)

poo2y 17 November 2007 09:45 AM

Saving text messages

Hi all, I hope someone can help with this, a mate is having a few problems with his almost ex-wife and has been receiving malicious and threatening text messages from her.

As his inbox is now full of these, he wants to save/transfer these messages and the sender details to computer, so he can print them off.

Any ideas how to do this? His phone is a Nokia 6230i

Thanks

Suresh 17 November 2007 09:48 AM

We have Google where I live ;)

Oxygen Software :: PC sofware for Nokia mobile phones and Symbian OS smartphones management

TopBanana 17 November 2007 09:52 AM

I think the police have a way of forensically removing text messages from phones. You ought to ask them to do it.

HankScorpio 17 November 2007 09:56 AM

I think it's Burr on here is involved in that kind of thing, I think leaving them intact on the phone would be best bet from an "evidence" point of view, is there an option to save them to sim at all?

You could print out anything and say it was a txt the other lot could say.

Sonic' 17 November 2007 11:28 AM

do not delete them from the phone, delete the other non threatening etc texts

Vampire 17 November 2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 7416820)
I think it's Burr on here is involved in that kind of thing, I think leaving them intact on the phone would be best bet from an "evidence" point of view, is there an option to save them to sim at all?

You could print out anything and say it was a txt the other lot could say.

Yup this is Burr's line of work, probably worth dropping him a PM.

Snazy 17 November 2007 11:47 AM

Nokia Data suite.
On the owner CD of the phone or available from Nokia - Nokia on the Web

Handy piece of software actually :)

babber 17 November 2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by poo2y (Post 7416796)
Hi all, I hope someone can help with this, a mate is having a few problems with his almost ex-wife and has been receiving malicious and threatening text messages from her.

As his inbox is now full of these, he wants to save/transfer these messages and the sender details to computer, so he can print them off.

Any ideas how to do this? His phone is a Nokia 6230i

Thanks

Can't he save all his messages with Nokia Datasuite, comes supplied with the phone? Or can be downloaded from the Nokia Website.

He can transfer all of them from the phone or back them up and if needs be copy them back onto the phone at a later date ;)

Good luck Phill

Ex wifes hey, who'd have them :rolleyes:

R 14NS R 17 November 2007 11:49 AM

buy another phone, the messages are saved on th ephone not the sim.

GarethE 17 November 2007 12:17 PM

Try Phone Director, Software for OS X and mobile phones.

There is a demo but the paid for full version (only about £20) allows phonebook backup, SMS saving and also the ability to send SMS using the phone from the computer. Also allows to access to all settings, gallery, images, tones etc.

Great bit of software and works perfectly with my 6310i and 6500

Gareth

EDIT - Sorry, just realised this is Mac software, probably equivalent for PC somewhere. Link might still be useful to Mac users as most software for mobiles is PC based

Sonic' 17 November 2007 12:23 PM

Im not sure if you can save the texts back to the phone

We have been in a similar circumstance, and we took the phone to the police station when making a statement, the texts were written in the statement, and also asked that we do not delete them or move them from the phone

There is a risk/chance that once on a computer they could be tampered/edited, so ideally best to be left on the phone